Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: badb
Description: BCL2 associated agonist of cell death b
Alias: bad, fa01b12, wu:fa01b12, wu:fa96d04, BCL2-antagonist of cell death b, proapoptotic BH3-only protein
- Hsieh Y, Chang M, Chen J, Yen J, Lu I, Chou C, et al. Cloning of zebrafish BAD, a BH3-only proapoptotic protein, whose overexpression leads to apoptosis in COS-1 cells and zebrafish embryos. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;304:667-75 pubmedThe BH3-only proapoptotic protein, BAD, was cloned from zebrafish embryos and its properties were characterized...
- MarÃn Juez R, Rovira M, Crespo D, van der Vaart M, Spaink H, Planas J. GLUT2-mediated glucose uptake and availability are required for embryonic brain development in zebrafish. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2015;35:74-85 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that glut2 has an essential role during brain development by facilitating the uptake and availability of glucose and support the involvement of glut2 in brain glucose sensing. ..
- Wang W, Hong J, Lin G, Liu W, Gong H, Lu M, et al. Stage-specific expression of TNF? regulates bad/bid-mediated apoptosis and RIP1/ROS-mediated secondary necrosis in Birnavirus-infected fish cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16740 pubmed publisherInfectious pancreatic necrosis virus (IPNV) can induce Bad-mediated apoptosis followed by secondary necrosis in fish cells, but it is not known how these two types of cell death are regulated by IPNV...
- Zhou Z, Sun L. Edwardsiella tarda-Induced Inhibition of Apoptosis: A Strategy for Intracellular Survival. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:76 pubmed publisher..tarda prevents apoptosis in teleost as a strategy for intracellular survival, and that some putative apoptotic genes of teleost function in the apoptosis pathway probably in a manner similar to that in mammalian systems. ..
- Harrold I, Carbonneau S, Moore B, Nguyen G, Anderson N, Saini A, et al. Efficient transgenesis mediated by pigmentation rescue in zebrafish. Biotechniques. 2016;60:13-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, this approach is ideal for generating transgenic fish for large-scale screens. ..
- Toruno C, Carbonneau S, Stewart R, Jette C. Interdependence of Bad and Puma during ionizing-radiation-induced apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e88151 pubmed publisher..This distinguishes it from BH3-only proteins like Bad that are thought to indirectly promote apoptosis through binding to anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family members, thereby ..
- Lin H, Lee S, Wu J, Duann Y, Chen J. Development of Cre-loxP technology in zebrafish to study the regulation of fish reproduction. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013;39:1525-39 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, this transgenic zebrafish model system provides a method to produce infertile fish and may be useful for application to genetically modified fish...
- Tsai T, Lu J, Choo S, Yeh S, Tang R, Lee H, et al. The paracrine effect of exogenous growth hormone alleviates dysmorphogenesis caused by tbx5 deficiency in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:63 pubmed publisher..as determined by a TUNEL assay and decreased the expression of apoptosis-related genes and proteins (bcl2 and bad) according to semiquantitative reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemical analysis, ..
- Chen J, Carney S, Peterson R, Heideman W. Comparative genomics identifies genes mediating cardiotoxicity in the embryonic zebrafish heart. Physiol Genomics. 2008;33:148-58 pubmed publisher..Among the genes rapidly induced by RA was Nr2F5, a member of the COUP-TF family of transcriptional repressors. We found that induction of Nr2F5 was both necessary and sufficient for the cardiotoxic response to RA. ..
- Miller G, Labut E, Lebold K, Floeter A, Tanguay R, Traber M. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) fed vitamin E-deficient diets produce embryos with increased morphologic abnormalities and mortality. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:478-86 pubmed publisher..05) at 120 h post-fertillization than embryos from parents fed E+ or lab diets. This study documents for the first time that vitamin E is essential for normal zebrafish embryonic development. ..
- McCurley A, Callard G. Time Course Analysis of Gene Expression Patterns in Zebrafish Eye During Optic Nerve Regeneration. J Exp Neurosci. 2010;2010:17-33 pubmed
- Boer E, Jette C, Stewart R. Neural Crest Migration and Survival Are Susceptible to Morpholino-Induced Artifacts. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167278 pubmed publisher..We suggest that comparison of genetic mutants between different species is the most rigorous method for identifying conserved genetic mechanisms controlling NC development and is critical to identify new treatments for NC diseases. ..