Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: axin2
Description: axin 2 (conductin, axil)
Alias: axil, wu:fb37c08, zgc:111942, axin-2, axis inhibition protein 2, etID37069.3
- Gerdes J, Liu Y, Zaghloul N, Leitch C, Lawson S, Kato M, et al. Disruption of the basal body compromises proteasomal function and perturbs intracellular Wnt response. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1350-60 pubmed
- Kang J, Nachtrab G, Poss K. Local Dkk1 crosstalk from breeding ornaments impedes regeneration of injured male zebrafish fins. Dev Cell. 2013;27:19-31 pubmed publisher..Our findings help explain sexually dimorphic fin regeneration in zebrafish and have implications for how regenerative potential might decline as development progresses or during species evolution. ..
- Haramis A, Hurlstone A, van der Velden Y, Begthel H, van den Born M, Offerhaus G, et al. Adenomatous polyposis coli-deficient zebrafish are susceptible to digestive tract neoplasia. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:444-9 pubmed..Treatment with the chemical carcinogen 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene accelerates the induction of these lesions. These observations establish apc-mutant zebrafish as a bona fide model for the study of digestive tract cancer. ..
- Wang X, Lee J, Dorsky R. Identification of Wnt-responsive cells in the zebrafish hypothalamus. Zebrafish. 2009;6:49-58 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that canonical Wnt signaling may be functionally required for maintenance of neural progenitor and precursor pools in the embryo, and for ongoing neurogenesis in the adult zebrafish. ..
- Yin A, Korzh S, Winata C, Korzh V, Gong Z. Wnt signaling is required for early development of zebrafish swimbladder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18431 pubmed publisher..Our functional analysis data indicated that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for swimbladder early development and we also provided evidence for the crosstalk between Wnt and Hh signaling in early swimbladder development. ..
- Shi G, Cui Q, Pan Y, Sheng N, Sun S, Guo Y, et al. 6:2 Chlorinated polyfluorinated ether sulfonate, a PFOS alternative, induces embryotoxicity and disrupts cardiac development in zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;185:67-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, exposure to F-53B impaired the development of zebrafish embryos and disrupted cardiac development, which might be mediated by effects on the Wnt signaling pathway and decrease of erythrocyte numbers. ..
- Hübner K, Grassme K, Rao J, Wenke N, Zimmer C, Korte L, et al. Wnt signaling positively regulates endothelial cell fate specification in the Fli1a-positive progenitor population via Lef1. Dev Biol. 2017;430:142-155 pubmed publisher..in narrow time windows as well as in spatially restricted domains, defined by Cre recombinase expression (Tg(axin2BAC:Venus-Pest)mu288; Tg(14TCF:loxP-STOP-loxP-dGFP)mu202)...
- Zhang H, Yao Y, Chen Y, Yue C, Chen J, Tong J, et al. Crosstalk between AhR and wnt/?-catenin signal pathways in the cardiac developmental toxicity of PM2.5 in zebrafish embryos. Toxicology. 2016;355-356:31-8 pubmed publisher..levels of AhR targeted genes (Cyp1a1, Cyp1b1 and Ahrra) and reduced the mRNA levels of ?-catenin targeted genes (axin2, nkx2.5 and sox9b)...
- Chen Q, Takada R, Takada S. Loss of Porcupine impairs convergent extension during gastrulation in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2224-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, a decrease of Porcn activity does not equivalently affect trafficking and lipidation of different Wnt proteins in zebrafish embryos and in cultured mammalian cells. ..
- McGraw H, Culbertson M, Nechiporuk A. Kremen1 restricts Dkk activity during posterior lateral line development in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3212-21 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a novel mechanism in which Kremen1 modulates Wnt activity by restricting the range of secreted Dkk proteins during collective cell migration in the pLLP. ..
- Xia W, Hu J, Liu F, Ma J, Sun S, Zhang J, et al. New role of LRP5, associated with nonsyndromic autosomal-recessive hereditary hearing loss. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:1421-1431 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the LRP5 mutation influences cell proliferation through the Wnt signaling pathway, thereby reducing the number of supporting cells and hair cells and leading to nonsyndromic hearing loss in this Chinese family. ..
- Massarsky A, Prasad G, Di Giulio R. Total particulate matter from cigarette smoke disrupts vascular development in zebrafish brain (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;339:85-96 pubmed publisher..Overall, results from this study demonstrate that exposure to TPM leads to several cardiovascular deformities and disrupted vascular development in the brain, and that these effects are associated with downregulation of Wnt signaling. ..
- Stephens W, Senecal M, Nguyen M, Piotrowski T. Loss of adenomatous polyposis coli (apc) results in an expanded ciliary marginal zone in the zebrafish eye. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2066-77 pubmed publisher..Peripheral cells that likely contain stem cells can be identified by the expression of follistatin, otx1, and axin2 and the lack of expression of myca and cyclinD1...
- Rong X, Zhou Y, Liu Y, Zhao B, Wang B, Wang C, et al. Glutathione peroxidase 4 inhibits Wnt/?-catenin signaling and regulates dorsal organizer formation in zebrafish embryos. Development. 2017;144:1687-1697 pubmed publisher..Our findings unravel GPX4 as a suppressor of Wnt/?-catenin signals, suggesting a possible relationship between the Wnt/?-catenin pathway and selenium via the association of Tcf/Lef family proteins with GPX4. ..
- Dyer C, Blanc E, Stanley R, Knight R. Dissecting the role of Wnt signaling and its interactions with FGF signaling during midbrain neurogenesis. Neurogenesis (Austin). 2015;2:e1057313 pubmed publisher..This highlights the complex nature of the interactions between FGF and Wnt/ bcat and reveals that they act at multiple levels to control each others activity in the midbrain. ..
- Paik E, Mahony S, White R, Price E, DiBiase A, Dorjsuren B, et al. A Cdx4-Sall4 regulatory module controls the transition from mesoderm formation to embryonic hematopoiesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2013;1:425-36 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that auto- and cross-regulation of Cdx4 and Sall4 establish a stable molecular circuit in the mesoderm that facilitates the activation of the blood-specific program as development proceeds...
- Margarit E, Armas P, GarcÃa Siburu N, Calcaterra N. CNBP modulates the transcription of Wnt signaling pathway components. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:1151-60 pubmed publisher..fashion the transcription of cdk14, ptk7 and tcf7l2, which in turn was reflected in c-myc, ccnd1 and axin2 expression...
- Mahmoudi T, Boj S, Hatzis P, Li V, Taouatas N, Vries R, et al. The leukemia-associated Mllt10/Af10-Dot1l are Tcf4/?-catenin coactivators essential for intestinal homeostasis. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000539 pubmed publisher..The methyltransferase DOT1L may present an attractive candidate for drug targeting in colorectal cancer. ..
- Wang D, Jao L, Zheng N, Dolan K, Ivey J, Zonies S, et al. Efficient genome-wide mutagenesis of zebrafish genes by retroviral insertions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12428-33 pubmed..Combining this increase in efficiency with cryopreservation of sperm samples from the F(1) fish, it is now possible to create a stable resource that contains mutations in every known zebrafish gene. ..
- McGraw H, Drerup C, Culbertson M, Linbo T, Raible D, Nechiporuk A. Lef1 is required for progenitor cell identity in the zebrafish lateral line primordium. Development. 2011;138:3921-30 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a novel role for the Wnt signaling pathway during mechanosensory organ formation in zebrafish. ..
- Schwarz Romond T, Asbrand C, Bakkers J, Kuhl M, Schaeffer H, Huelsken J, et al. The ankyrin repeat protein Diversin recruits Casein kinase Iepsilon to the beta-catenin degradation complex and acts in both canonical Wnt and Wnt/JNK signaling. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2073-84 pubmed..Our data show that Diversin is an essential component of the Wnt-signaling pathway and acts as a molecular switch, which suppresses Wnt signals mediated by the canonical beta-catenin pathway and stimulates signaling via JNK. ..
- Petrie T, Strand N, Yang C, Tsung Yang C, Rabinowitz J, Moon R. Macrophages modulate adult zebrafish tail fin regeneration. Development. 2014;141:2581-91 pubmed publisher..These results provide a cellular and molecular link between components of the inflammation response and regeneration in adult zebrafish. ..
- Carlin D, Sepich D, Grover V, Cooper M, Solnica Krezel L, Inbal A. Six3 cooperates with Hedgehog signaling to specify ventral telencephalon by promoting early expression of Foxg1a and repressing Wnt signaling. Development. 2012;139:2614-24 pubmed publisher..We further find that Six3 promotes ventral telencephalic fates through transient regulation of foxg1a expression and repression of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway. ..
- Jönsson M, Kubota A, Timme Laragy A, Woodin B, Stegeman J. Ahr2-dependence of PCB126 effects on the swim bladder in relation to expression of CYP1 and cox-2 genes in developing zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012;265:166-74 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that PCB126 blocks swim bladder inflation via an Ahr2-mediated mechanism. This mechanism seems independent of CYP1 or cox-2 mRNA induction but may involve abnormal development of swim bladder cells. ..
- Wehner D, Tsarouchas T, Michael A, Haase C, Weidinger G, Reimer M, et al. Wnt signaling controls pro-regenerative Collagen XII in functional spinal cord regeneration in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:126 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that Wnt/?-catenin signaling in fibroblast-like cells at a lesion activates axon re-growth via deposition of Collagen XII. ..
- Lin J, Wang X, Dorsky R. Progenitor expansion in apc mutants is mediated by Jak/Stat signaling. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:73 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that the regulation of Jak/Stat signaling may represent a conserved mechanism explaining the expansion of undifferentiated cells downstream of APC mutations. ..
- Li R, Beebe T, Jen N, Yu F, Takabe W, Harrison M, et al. Shear stress-activated Wnt-angiopoietin-2 signaling recapitulates vascular repair in zebrafish embryos. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:2268-75 pubmed publisher..Shear stress activated Ang-2 via canonical Wnt signaling in vascular endothelial cells, and Wnt-Ang-2 signaling is recapitulated in zebrafish embryos with a translational implication in vascular development and repair. ..
- Felber K, Elks P, Lecca M, Roehl H. Expression of osterix Is Regulated by FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin Signalling during Osteoblast Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144982 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, we propose that FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin pathways act in part by directing transcription of osx to promote osteoblast differentiation at sites of bone formation. ..
- Mathew L, Sengupta S, Franzosa J, Perry J, La Du J, Andreasen E, et al. Comparative expression profiling reveals an essential role for raldh2 in epimorphic regeneration. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33642-53 pubmed publisher..Expression of raldh2 is regulated by Wnt and fibroblast growth factor/ERK signaling. ..
- Yang H, Xiang J, Wang N, Zhao Y, Hyman J, Li S, et al. Converse conformational control of smoothened activity by structurally related small molecules. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20876-84 pubmed publisher..Our study represents the first demonstration of conformational regulation of Smo by small molecule analogs, and the combinational use of these Smo modulators in a temporal controlled fashion should be useful for studying Hh biology. ..
- Neal J, Peterson T, Kent M, Guillemin K. H. pylori virulence factor CagA increases intestinal cell proliferation by Wnt pathway activation in a transgenic zebrafish model. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:802-10 pubmed publisher..of intestinal epithelial cell proliferation and showed significant upregulation of the Wnt target genes cyclinD1, axin2 and the zebrafish c-myc ortholog myca...
- Huang P, Schier A. Dampened Hedgehog signaling but normal Wnt signaling in zebrafish without cilia. Development. 2009;136:3089-98 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a conserved requirement for cilia in transducing the activity of upstream regulators of Hh signaling but distinct phenotypic effects due to differential regulation and differing roles of transcriptional mediators. ..
- Sang Q, Zhang J, Feng R, Wang X, Li Q, Zhao X, et al. Ildr1b is essential for semicircular canal development, migration of the posterior lateral line primordium and hearing ability in zebrafish: implications for a role in the recessive hearing impairment DFNB42. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:6201-11 pubmed publisher..We concluded that Ildr1b is crucial for the development of the inner ear and the lateral line system. This study provides the first evidence for the mechanism of Ildr1b on hearing in vivo and sheds light on the pathology of DFNB42. ..
- Valenti F, Ibetti J, Komiya Y, Baxter M, Lucchese A, Derstine L, et al. The increase in maternal expression of axin1 and axin2 contribute to the zebrafish mutant ichabod ventralized phenotype. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:418-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present evidence that Î²-catenin1 cannot revert the ich phenotype because it may be under the control of a GSK3Î²-independent mechanism that required Axin's RGS domain function. ..
- Alexander M, Kawahara G, Motohashi N, Casar J, Eisenberg I, Myers J, et al. MicroRNA-199a is induced in dystrophic muscle and affects WNT signaling, cell proliferation, and myogenic differentiation. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:1194-208 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies identify miR-199a-5p as a potential regulator of myogenesis through suppression of WNT-signaling factors that act to balance myogenic cell proliferation and differentiation...
- Stanganello E, Hagemann A, Mattes B, Sinner C, Meyen D, Weber S, et al. Filopodia-based Wnt transport during vertebrate tissue patterning. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5846 pubmed publisher..Indeed, we show that a filopodia-based transport system for Wnt8a controls anteroposterior patterning of the neural plate during vertebrate gastrulation. ..
- Blum N, Begemann G. Osteoblast de- and redifferentiation are controlled by a dynamic response to retinoic acid during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2894-903 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a mechanism explaining how the osteoblast regenerative program is protected from adverse crosstalk with neighboring fibroblasts that advances our understanding of the regulation of bone repair by RA. ..
- Wylie A, Fleming J, Whitener A, Lekven A. Post-transcriptional regulation of wnt8a is essential to zebrafish axis development. Dev Biol. 2014;386:53-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, post-transcriptional control of wnt8a is essential to fine tune the balance of the signaling outputs of the complex wnt8a locus. ..
- Caron A, Xu X, Lin X. Wnt/?-catenin signaling directly regulates Foxj1 expression and ciliogenesis in zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle. Development. 2012;139:514-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results also prompt a hypothesis that certain developmental effects of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway are due to the activation of Foxj1 and cilia formation...
- Takagi Y, Kobayashi M, Li L, Suzuki T, Nishikawa K, Yamamoto M. MafT, a new member of the small Maf protein family in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:62-9 pubmed..These results indicated that MafT is a new member of small Maf proteins and involved in the Nrf2-dependent gene regulation in cellular defense system. ..
- Miyake A, Mekata Y, Fujibayashi H, Nakanishi K, Konishi M, Itoh N. Brorin is required for neurogenesis, gliogenesis, and commissural axon guidance in the zebrafish forebrain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176036 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that Brorin is a secreted Bmp antagonist predominantly expressed in developing neural tissues and that it plays multiple roles in the development of the zebrafish forebrain. ..
- Sarmah S, Muralidharan P, Marrs J. Embryonic Ethanol Exposure Dysregulates BMP and Notch Signaling, Leading to Persistent Atrio-Ventricular Valve Defects in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161205 pubmed publisher..We conclude that early embryonic ethanol exposure alters Bmp, Notch and other signaling activities during AVC differentiation leading to faulty valve morphogenesis and valve defects persist in juvenile fish. ..
- Kim S, Chung A, Kim D, Kim Y, Kim H, Kwon H, et al. Tcf3 function is required for the inhibition of oligodendroglial fate specification in the spinal cord of zebrafish embryos. Mol Cells. 2011;32:383-8 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results show a novel function for Tcf3 in regulating the timing of oligodendroglial fate specification in the spinal cord. ..
- Mattes B, Weber S, Peres J, Chen Q, Davidson G, Houart C, et al. Wnt3 and Wnt3a are required for induction of the mid-diencephalic organizer in the caudal forebrain. Neural Dev. 2012;7:12 pubmed publisher..We propose that Wnt ligands are necessary to maintain the primordial tissue of the organizer during somitogenesis by suppressing Tp53-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Cox A, Hwang K, Brown K, Evason K, Beltz S, Tsomides A, et al. Yap reprograms glutamine metabolism to increase nucleotide biosynthesis and enable liver growth. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:886-896 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate that Yap1 integrates the anabolic demands of tissue growth during development and tumorigenesis by reprogramming nitrogen metabolism to stimulate nucleotide biosynthesis. ..
- Bajard L, Morelli L, Ares S, PÃ©crÃ©aux J, JÃ¼licher F, Oates A. Wnt-regulated dynamics of positional information in zebrafish somitogenesis. Development. 2014;141:1381-91 pubmed publisher..The observed Wnt signaling gradient dynamics and timing of downstream events support a model for wavefront regulation in which cell flow plays a dominant role in transporting positional information. ..
- He Y, Lu X, Qian F, Liu D, Chai R, Li H. Insm1a Is Required for Zebrafish Posterior Lateral Line Development. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:241 pubmed publisher..i>Insm1a knockdown also perturbed the expression patterns of chemokine signaling genes. Taken together, this study reveals a pivotal role for Insm1a in regulating pLL development during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Schneider I, Schneider P, Derry S, Lin S, Barton L, Westfall T, et al. Zebrafish Nkd1 promotes Dvl degradation and is required for left-right patterning. Dev Biol. 2010;348:22-33 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that Nkd1 acts as a ?-catenin antagonist in the DFCs necessary for LR patterning. ..
- He Y, Cai C, Sun S, Wang X, Li W, Li H. Effect of JNK inhibitor SP600125 on hair cell regeneration in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae. Oncotarget. 2016;7:51640-51650 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings provide novel insights into the function of JNK and show that JNK inhibition blocks hair cell regeneration by controlling the Wnt signalling pathway. ..
- Yin A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Perturbation of zebrafish swimbladder development by enhancing Wnt signaling in Wif1 morphants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:236-44 pubmed publisher..Our works established the importance of proper level of Wnt signaling for normal development of swimbladder in zebrafish. ..
- Nissim S, Weeks O, Talbot J, Hedgepeth J, Wucherpfennig J, Schatzman Bone S, et al. Iterative use of nuclear receptor Nr5a2 regulates multiple stages of liver and pancreas development. Dev Biol. 2016;418:108-123 pubmed publisher..These findings define critical iterative and pleiotropic roles for Nr5a2 at distinct stages of pancreas and liver organogenesis, and provide novel perspectives for interpreting the role of Nr5a2 in disease. ..
- He Y, Tang D, Cai C, Chai R, Li H. LSD1 is Required for Hair Cell Regeneration in Zebrafish. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:2421-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, LSD1 plays a critical role in hair cell regeneration and might represent a novel biomarker and potential therapeutic approach for the treatment of hearing loss. ..
- Hofsteen P, Robitaille A, Chapman D, Moon R, Murry C. Quantitative proteomics identify DAB2 as a cardiac developmental regulator that inhibits WNT/Î²-catenin signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:1002-7 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that quantifying the proteome of human stem cells can identify previously unknown developmental regulators. ..
- Stewart S, Gomez A, Armstrong B, Henner A, Stankunas K. Sequential and opposing activities of Wnt and BMP coordinate zebrafish bone regeneration. Cell Rep. 2014;6:482-98 pubmed publisher..This hierarchical signaling network model provides a conceptual framework for understanding innate bone repair and regeneration mechanisms and rationally designing regenerative therapeutics. ..
- Liu J, Zhang D, Xie X, Ouyang G, Liu X, Sun Y, et al. Eaf1 and Eaf2 negatively regulate canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Development. 2013;140:1067-78 pubmed publisher..In summary, our evidence points to a novel role for Eaf1 and Eaf2 in inhibiting canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling, which might form the mechanistic basis for Eaf1 and Eaf2 tumor suppressor activity. ..
- He Y, Wang Z, Sun S, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, et al. HDAC3 Is Required for Posterior Lateral Line Development in Zebrafish. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5103-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that HDAC3 plays a crucial role in regulating posterior lateral line (PLL) formation and provide evidence for epigenetic regulation in auditory organ development. ..
- Hagemann A, Kurz J, Kauffeld S, Chen Q, Reeves P, Weber S, et al. In vivo analysis of formation and endocytosis of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling complex in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3970-82 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ap2?2-mediated endocytosis is important to maintain Wnt/?-catenin signaling in vertebrates. ..
- Anelli V, Villefranc J, Chhangawala S, Martinez McFaline R, Riva E, Nguyen A, et al. Oncogenic BRAF disrupts thyroid morphogenesis and function via twist expression. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..These data suggest that expression of TWIST2 plays a role in an early step of BRAFV600E-mediated transformation. ..
- Ye Z, Zhang C, Tu T, Sun M, Liu D, Lu D, et al. Wnt5a uses CD146 as a receptor to regulate cell motility and convergent extension. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2803 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a model in which CD146 acts as a functional Wnt5a receptor in regulating cell migration and convergent extension, turning off the canonical Wnt signalling branch. ..
- Miyake A, Nihno S, Murakoshi Y, Satsuka A, Nakayama Y, Itoh N. Neucrin, a novel secreted antagonist of canonical Wnt signaling, plays roles in developing neural tissues in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2012;128:577-90 pubmed publisher..Neucrin is a unique secreted Wnt antagonist that is predominantly expressed in developing neural tissues and plays roles in neural development in zebrafish. ..
- Burkhalter M, Fralish G, Premont R, Caron M, Philipp M. Grk5l controls heart development by limiting mTOR signaling during symmetry breaking. Cell Rep. 2013;4:625-32 pubmed publisher..These findings could implicate GRK5 as a susceptibility allele for certain cases of CHD. ..
- Packard R, Baek K, Beebe T, Jen N, Ding Y, Shi F, et al. Automated Segmentation of Light-Sheet Fluorescent Imaging to Characterize Experimental Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiac Injury and Repair. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8603 pubmed publisher..05, n?=?6-14). Our approach provides a high-throughput model with translational implications for drug discovery and genetic modifiers of chemotherapy-induced cardiomyopathy. ..
- Ro H, Dawid I. Modulation of Tcf3 repressor complex composition regulates cdx4 expression in zebrafish. EMBO J. 2011;30:2894-907 pubmed publisher..We propose that the modulation of Tcf3 repressor function by E4f1 assures precise and robust regulation of cdx4 expression in the caudal domain of the embryo. ..
- Shiomi K, Uchida H, Keino Masu K, Masu M. Ccd1, a novel protein with a DIX domain, is a positive regulator in the Wnt signaling during zebrafish neural patterning. Curr Biol. 2003;13:73-7 pubmed..These results indicate that Ccd1 is a novel positive regulator in this Wnt signaling pathway during zebrafish neural patterning. ..
- Han Y, Xiong Y, Shi X, Wu J, Zhao Y, Jiang J. Regulation of Gli ciliary localization and Hedgehog signaling by the PY-NLS/karyopherin-?2 nuclear import system. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2002063 pubmed publisher..Our study unravels the molecular mechanism and cellular machinery regulating Gli ciliary localization and identifies Kap?2 as a critical regulator of the Hh pathway and a potential drug target for Hh-driven cancers. ..
- Wincent E, Stegeman J, JÃ¶nsson M. Combination effects of AHR agonists and Wnt/Î²-catenin modulators in zebrafish embryos: Implications for physiological and toxicological AHR functions. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;284:163-79 pubmed publisher..We propose that the AHR has a physiological role in regulating Î²-catenin during development, and that this is one point of intersection linking toxicological and physiological AHR-governed processes. ..
- Lee S, Nam T, Li W, Kim J, Yoon W, Choi Y, et al. Functional validation of novel MKS3/TMEM67 mutations in COACH syndrome. Sci Rep. 2017;7:10222 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report verifying the causality between COACH syndrome and TMEM67, which will further our understanding of molecular pathogenesis of the syndrome. ..
- Yue C, Ji C, Zhang H, Zhang L, Tong J, Jiang Y, et al. Protective effects of folic acid on PM2.5-induced cardiac developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos by targeting AhR and Wnt/?-catenin signal pathways. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2316-2322 pubmed publisher..The EOM-induced downregulation of ?-catenin and its target genes including Nkx2.5, Axin2, Sox9b, and Cox2b were recovered or even overexpressed in embryos exposed to EOM plus FA...