Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: atp6v1aa
Description: ATPase H+ transporting V1 subunit Aa
Alias: ATP6V1A, atp6v1al, zgc:63516, V-type proton ATPase catalytic subunit A, ATPase, H+ transporting, lysosomal 70kDa, V1 subunit A, like, ATPase, H+ transporting, lysosomal V1 subunit A, like, ATPase, H+ transporting, lysosomal, V1 subunit Aa
- Lin T, Liao B, Horng J, Yan J, Hsiao C, Hwang P. Carbonic anhydrase 2-like a and 15a are involved in acid-base regulation and Na+ uptake in zebrafish H+-ATPase-rich cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;294:C1250-60 pubmed publisher..These results provide molecular physiological evidence to support the roles of these two zCA isoforms in Na+ uptake and acid-base regulation mechanisms in zebrafish HR cells. ..
- Kwong R, Perry S. A role for sodium-chloride cotransporters in the rapid regulation of ion uptake following acute environmental acidosis: new insights from the zebrafish model. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016;311:C931-C941 pubmed publisher..Together, the results of the present study revealed a novel role of NCC in the compensatory regulation of Na+ and Cl- uptake following acute acidosis. ..
- Einhorn Z, Trapani J, Liu Q, Nicolson T. Rabconnectin3? promotes stable activity of the H+ pump on synaptic vesicles in hair cells. J Neurosci. 2012;32:11144-56 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that Rbc3? modulates synaptic transmission in hair cells by promoting V-ATPase activity in synaptic vesicles. ..
- Dooley C, Schwarz H, Mueller K, Mongera A, Konantz M, Neuhauss S, et al. Slc45a2 and V-ATPase are regulators of melanosomal pH homeostasis in zebrafish, providing a mechanism for human pigment evolution and disease. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2013;26:205-17 pubmed publisher..We show that it is possible to rescue the melanization potential of the albino melanosomes through genetic and chemical inhibition of V-ATPase, thereby increasing internal melanosome pH. ..
- Tse W, Jiang Y, Wong C. Zebrafish transforming growth factor-?-stimulated clone 22 domain 3 (TSC22D3) plays critical roles in Bmp-dependent dorsoventral patterning via two deubiquitylating enzymes Usp15 and Otud4. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4584-93 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to identify new developmental functions of Tsc22d3 in zebrafish. Zebrafish tsc22d3 is a ventralizing gene and plays a role in early embryogenesis...
- de Vrieze E, van Kessel M, Peters H, Spanings F, Flik G, Metz J. Prednisolone induces osteoporosis-like phenotype in regenerating zebrafish scales. Osteoporos Int. 2014;25:567-78 pubmed publisher..An unsurpassed convenience and low cost then make the zebrafish scale a superior model for preclinical studies in osteoporosis research. ..
- Tiedke J, Cubuk C, Burmester T. Environmental acidification triggers oxidative stress and enhances globin expression in zebrafish gills. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:624-9 pubmed publisher..These findings agree with the role of globins in oxidative energy metabolism, but may also hint at a specific function in antioxidative defense. ..
- Dai W, Bai Y, Hebda L, Zhong X, Liu J, Kao J, et al. Calcium deficiency-induced and TRP channel-regulated IGF1R-PI3K-Akt signaling regulates abnormal epithelial cell proliferation. Cell Death Differ. 2014;21:568-81 pubmed publisher..These results uncover a novel and evolutionarily conserved signaling mechanism that contributes to the abnormal epithelial proliferation associated with Ca(2+) deficiency. ..
- Guh Y, Tseng Y, Yang C, Hwang P. Endothelin-1 regulates H?-ATPase-dependent transepithelial H? secretion in zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2014;155:1728-37 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence that EDN1 signaling is involved in acid-base regulation in zebrafish and enhance our understanding of EDN1 regulation of transepithelial H? secretion in vertebrates. ..
- Yan J, Chou M, Kaneko T, Hwang P. Gene expression of Na+/H+ exchanger in zebrafish H+ -ATPase-rich cells during acclimation to low-Na+ and acidic environments. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C1814-23 pubmed
- Chou M, Lin C, Chao P, Hung J, Cruz S, Hwang P. Stanniocalcin-1 controls ion regulation functions of ion-transporting epithelium other than calcium balance. Int J Biol Sci. 2015;11:122-32 pubmed publisher..The present findings provide new insights into the broader functions of STC-1, a hypocalcemic hormone. ..
- Kwong R, Perry S. An Essential Role for Parathyroid Hormone in Gill Formation and Differentiation of Ion-Transporting Cells in Developing Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2015;156:2384-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of the present study reveal critical roles for PTH1 in promoting the differentiation of epidermal stem cells into mature ionocytes and cartilage formation during development. ..
- Liu C, Dai W, Bai Y, Chi C, Xin Y, He G, et al. Development of a Whole Organism Platform for Phenotype-Based Analysis of IGF1R-PI3K-Akt-Tor Action. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1994 pubmed publisher..The availability of Tg(igfbp5a:GFP) line provides a whole organism platform for phenotype-based discovery of novel players and inhibitors in the IIS-PI3K-Akt-Tor signaling pathway. ..
- Kwong R, Perry S. The tight junction protein claudin-b regulates epithelial permeability and sodium handling in larval zebrafish, Danio rerio. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013;304:R504-13 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results suggest that claudin-b plays an important role in regulating epithelial permeability and Na(+) handling in zebrafish. ..
- Shih T, Horng J, Liu S, Hwang P, Lin L. Rhcg1 and NHE3b are involved in ammonium-dependent sodium uptake by zebrafish larvae acclimated to low-sodium water. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;302:R84-93 pubmed publisher..This study provides loss-of-function evidence for the involvement of Rhcg1 and NHE3b in the ammonium-dependent Na(+) uptake mechanism in zebrafish larvae subjected to low-Na(+) water. ..