Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: atp2a2a
Description: ATPase sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ transporting 2a
Alias: atp2a2, zgc:55380, sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2, ATPase, Ca++ transporting, cardiac muscle, slow twitch 2a, serca2
- Zhang Y, Huang L, Zuo Z, Chen Y, Wang C. Phenanthrene exposure causes cardiac arrhythmia in embryonic zebrafish via perturbing calcium handling. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;142-143:26-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that exposure to Phe could lead to arrhythmia in zebrafish embryos via perturbing the calcium handling pathway. ..
- Wu M, Zuo Z, Li B, Huang L, Chen M, Wang C. Effects of low-level hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) exposure on cardiac development in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicology. 2013;22:1200-7 pubmed publisher..These results were consistent with the lack of effect seen on the other measurements of cardiac function, end diastolic volume, end-systolic volume, stroke volume, and cardiac output. ..
- Paavola J, Schliffke S, Rossetti S, Kuo I, Yuan S, Sun Z, et al. Polycystin-2 mutations lead to impaired calcium cycling in the heart and predispose to dilated cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;58:199-208 pubmed publisher..In human subjects we found an association between ADPKD and IDCM and suggest that PKD mutations contribute to the development of heart failure. ..
- Nesan D, Vijayan M. Embryo exposure to elevated cortisol level leads to cardiac performance dysfunction in zebrafish. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2012;363:85-91 pubmed publisher..Altogether, high cortisol content during embryogenesis, mimicking increased deposition due to maternal stress, decreases cardiac performance and may reduce zebrafish offspring survival. ..
- Völkers M, Dolatabadi N, Gude N, Most P, Sussman M, Hassel D. Orai1 deficiency leads to heart failure and skeletal myopathy in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:287-94 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify ORAI1 as an important regulator of cardiac and skeletal muscle function and provide evidence linking ORAI1-mediated calcium signaling to sarcomere integrity and cardiomyocyte function. ..
- Ebert A, Hume G, Warren K, Cook N, Burns C, Mohideen M, et al. Calcium extrusion is critical for cardiac morphogenesis and rhythm in embryonic zebrafish hearts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:17705-10 pubmed..exchanger (NCX1) or sequester it into the sarcoplasmic reticulum, via the sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase2 (SERCA2)...
- Little A, Seebacher F. Thyroid hormone regulates cardiac performance during cold acclimation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2014;217:718-25 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a new pathway through which fish can mitigate the limiting effects of temperature variability on oxygen transport to maintain aerobic scope and promote thermal tolerance. ..
- Gorski P, Trieber C, Ashrafi G, Young H. Regulation of the sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium pump by divergent phospholamban isoforms in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:6777-88 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the different zebrafish PLN isoforms raise the interesting possibility that sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium handling and cardiac contractility may be regulated by the differential expression of PLN functional variants. ..