Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: atf6
Description: activating transcription factor 6
Alias: fi12h10, si:ch211-199m3.9, si:ch211-260g14.1, wu:fi12h10, cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha
- Chen L, Hu Y, He J, Chen J, Giesy J, Xie P. Responses of the Proteome and Metabolome in Livers of Zebrafish Exposed Chronically to Environmentally Relevant Concentrations of Microcystin-LR. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:596-607 pubmed publisher..Identification of proteins and metabolites in liver of zebrafish responsive to MC-LR provides insights into mechanisms of chronic toxicity of MCs. ..
- Hung I, Cherng B, Hsu W, Lee S. Calnexin is required for zebrafish posterior lateral line development. Int J Dev Biol. 2013;57:427-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that calnexin is essential for neuromast formation during lateral line development in the zebrafish. ..
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..In(NO3)3 induced the ER stress key gene BiP at mRNA and protein level, as well as atf6, which ultimately led to induction of the important pro-apoptotic marker gene chop...
- Dai W, Wang K, Zheng X, Chen X, Zhang W, Zhang Y, et al. High fat plus high cholesterol diet lead to hepatic steatosis in zebrafish larvae: a novel model for screening anti-hepatic steatosis drugs. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2015;12:42 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the expression levels of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress and lipolytic molecules (atf6, hspa5, hsp90b1, pparab, cpt1a and acox3) were significantly up-regulated in the liver of HF and HFC diets-fed ..
- Goldsmith J, Cocchiaro J, Rawls J, Jobin C. Glafenine-induced intestinal injury in zebrafish is ameliorated by ?-opioid signaling via enhancement of Atf6-dependent cellular stress responses. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:146-59 pubmed publisher..Although the early UPR marker BiP was induced with glafenine-induced injury, downstream atf6 and s-xbp1 expression were paradoxically not increased, explaining the halted cell stress responses...
- Castranova D, Davis A, Lo B, Miller M, Paukstelis P, Swift M, et al. Aminoacyl-Transfer RNA Synthetase Deficiency Promotes Angiogenesis via the Unfolded Protein Response Pathway. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:655-62 pubmed publisher..activated by aminoacyl-transfer RNA synthetase deficiencies, and we show that unfolded protein response genes atf4, atf6, and xbp1, as well as the key proangiogenic ligand vascular endothelial growth factor (vegfaa), are all upregulated ..
- Hu M, Bai Y, Zhang C, Liu F, Cui Z, Chen J, et al. Liver-Enriched Gene 1, a Glycosylated Secretory Protein, Binds to FGFR and Mediates an Anti-stress Pathway to Protect Liver Development in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005881 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Leg1 plays a unique role in protecting liver development under different stress conditions by serving as a secreted signaling molecule/modulator. ..
- Wang X, Zhang T, Mao H, Mi Y, Zhong B, Wei L, et al. Grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) ATF6 (activating transcription factor 6) modulates the transcriptional level of GRP78 and GRP94 in CIK cells. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;52:65-73 pubmed publisher..b>ATF6 is a protective protein which regulates the adaptation of cells to ER stress by modulating the transcription of UPR ..
- Liao K, Yan J, Li S, Wang T, Xu W, Mai K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of unfolded protein response genes from large yellow croaker (Larimichthys crocea) and their expression in response to dietary fatty acids. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;203:53-64 pubmed publisher..In this study, four UPR-related genes (GRP78/BiP, ATF6?, XBP1 and CHO) were isolated characterized from large yellow croaker (Larimichthys crocea), and their expression ..
- Niu X, Gao C, Jan Lo L, Luo Y, Meng C, Hong J, et al. Sec13 safeguards the integrity of the endoplasmic reticulum and organogenesis of the digestive system in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;367:197-207 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first direct genetic evidence that COPII function is essential for the organogenesis of the digestive system...