Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: atf3
Description: activating transcription factor 3
Alias: zgc:55526, cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-3
- Haggard D, Noyes P, Waters K, Tanguay R. Phenotypically anchored transcriptome profiling of developmental exposure to the antimicrobial agent, triclosan, reveals hepatotoxicity in embryonic zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;308:32-45 pubmed publisher..We observed similarities in gene expression and hepatic steatosis assays; however, hit data for TCS were more concordant with the hypothesized CAR/PXR activity of TCS from rodent and human in vitro studies. ..
- Elenbaas J, Maitra D, Liu Y, Lentz S, Nelson B, Hoenerhoff M, et al. A precursor-inducible zebrafish model of acute protoporphyria with hepatic protein aggregation and multiorganelle stress. FASEB J. 2016;30:1798-810 pubmed publisher..Elenbaas, J. S., Maitra, D., Liu, Y., Lentz, S. I., Nelson, B., Hoenerhoff, M. J., Shavit, J. A., Omary, M. B. A precursor-inducible zebrafish model of acute protoporphyria with hepatic protein aggregation and multiorganelle stress. ..
- Wang L, Huang S, Zhao H, Liu C, Yao L, Shen Y. Activating transcription factor 3 promotes spinal cord regeneration of adult zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:522-527 pubmed publisher..Previous study shows that activating transcription factor 3 (ATF3) promotes neurite outgrowth and is involved in optic nerve regeneration in zebrafish...
- SchÃ¼ttler A, Reiche K, Altenburger R, Busch W. The Transcriptome of the Zebrafish Embryo After Chemical Exposure: A Meta-Analysis. Toxicol Sci. 2017;157:291-304 pubmed publisher..In future, improved time- and concentration-resolved experiments should offer better understanding of stress response patterns and access to mechanistic information. ..
- Lisse T, Rieger S. IKK? regulates human keratinocyte migration through surveillance of the redox environment. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:975-988 pubmed publisher..Thus, this indicates that IKK? promotes migration through dynamic interactions with the EGF promoter depending on the redox state within cells. ..
- Miao L, Yuan Y, Cheng F, Fang J, Zhou F, Ma W, et al. Translation repression by maternal RNA binding protein Zar1 is essential for early oogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:128-138 pubmed publisher..overexpression of ZP proteins in oocytes causes upregulation of stress-related activating transcription factor 3 (atf3), arguing that tightly controlled translation of ZP proteins is essential for ER homeostasis during early oogenesis...
- Etard C, Armant O, Roostalu U, Gourain V, Ferg M, StrÃ¤hle U. Loss of function of myosin chaperones triggers Hsf1-mediated transcriptional response in skeletal muscle cells. Genome Biol. 2015;16:267 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that skeletal muscle cells respond to defective myosin chaperones with a complex gene program and suggest that this response is mediated by Hsf1 activation. ..
- Johnson M, Behmoaras J, Bottolo L, Krishnan M, Pernhorst K, Santoscoy P, et al. Systems genetics identifies Sestrin 3 as a regulator of a proconvulsant gene network in human epileptic hippocampus. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6031 pubmed publisher..Morpholino-mediated Sesn3 knockdown in zebrafish confirms the regulation of the transcriptional module, and attenuates chemically induced behavioural seizures in vivo. ..
- Solin S, Wang Y, Mauldin J, Schultz L, Lincow D, Brodskiy P, et al. Molecular and cellular characterization of a zebrafish optic pathway tumor line implicates glia-derived progenitors in tumorigenesis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114888 pubmed publisher..tissue and found changes in gene expression signatures of radial glia and astrocytes (slc1a3), activated glia (atf3, blbp, apoeb), proliferating neural progenitors (foxd3, nestin, cdh2, her9/hes1), and glioma markers (S100Î², vim)..
- Veth K, Willer J, Collery R, Gray M, Willer G, Wagner D, et al. Mutations in zebrafish lrp2 result in adult-onset ocular pathogenesis that models myopia and other risk factors for glaucoma. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001310 pubmed publisher..Our studies implicate altered Lrp2-mediated homeostasis as important for myopia and other risk factors for glaucoma in humans and establish a new genetic model for further study of phenotypes associated with this disease. ..
- Marín Juez R, Jong Raadsen S, Yang S, Spaink H. Hyperinsulinemia induces insulin resistance and immune suppression via Ptpn6/Shp1 in zebrafish. J Endocrinol. 2014;222:229-41 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data will be very useful in further studies of the function of immunological determinants in a non-obese model system. ..