Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: aox5
Description: aldehyde oxidase 5
Alias: aox3, etID47878.22, fc18g02, wu:fc18g02, xdh, xanthine dehydrogenase, aldehyde oxidase 3, aldehyde oxidase alpha, aox alpha, aox2, aoxa, xanthene dehydrogenase
- Barrallo Gimeno A, Holzschuh J, Driever W, Knapik E. Neural crest survival and differentiation in zebrafish depends on mont blanc/tfap2a gene function. Development. 2004;131:1463-77 pubmed
- Sedykh I, Yoon B, Roberson L, Moskvin O, Dewey C, Grinblat Y. Zebrafish zic2 controls formation of periocular neural crest and choroid fissure morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2017;429:92-104 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data establish zic2 mutant zebrafish as a powerful new genetic model for in-depth dissection of cell interactions and genetic controls during craniofacial complex development. ..
- Eom D, Bain E, Patterson L, Grout M, Parichy D. Long-distance communication by specialized cellular projections during pigment pattern development and evolution. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel mechanism of cellular communication, roles for differentiation state heterogeneity in pigment cell interactions, and an unanticipated morphogenetic behavior contributing to a striking difference in adult form. ..
- Montero Balaguer M, Lang M, Sachdev S, Knappmeyer C, Stewart R, De La Guardia A, et al. The mother superior mutation ablates foxd3 activity in neural crest progenitor cells and depletes neural crest derivatives in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3199-212 pubmed..Further analysis of mosm188 mutants and foxd3 morphants revealed that NC cells are initially formed, suggesting that foxd3 function is required to maintain the pool of NC progenitors. ..
- Minchin J, Hughes S. Sequential actions of Pax3 and Pax7 drive xanthophore development in zebrafish neural crest. Dev Biol. 2008;317:508-22 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Pax3 in zebrafish is required for specification of two specific lineages of neural crest, xanthophores and enteric neurons. ..
- Watanabe M, Sawada R, Aramaki T, Skerrett I, Kondo S. The Physiological Characterization of Connexin41.8 and Connexin39.4, Which Are Involved in the Striped Pattern Formation of Zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1053-63 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that functional differences in Cx41.8 and Cx39.4 relate to spot or labyrinth mutant phenotypes and also provide evidence that these two connexins interact in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Inoue S, Kondo S, Parichy D, Watanabe M. Tetraspanin 3c requirement for pigment cell interactions and boundary formation in zebrafish adult pigment stripes. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2014;27:190-200 pubmed..Our results are the first to identify roles for a tetraspanin superfamily protein in skin pigment pattern formation and suggest new mechanisms for the establishment and maintenance of zebrafish stripe boundaries. ..
- McMenamin S, Bain E, McCann A, Patterson L, Eom D, Waller Z, et al. Thyroid hormone-dependent adult pigment cell lineage and pattern in zebrafish. Science. 2014;345:1358-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate critical functions for TH in determining pigment pattern phenotype and highlight the potential for evolutionary diversification at the intersection of developmental and endocrine mechanisms. ..
- Cox S, Kim H, Garnett A, Medeiros D, An W, Crump J. An essential role of variant histone H3.3 for ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crest. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002938 pubmed publisher..3 in the broad potential of the ectoderm-derived CNC, including the ability to make the mesoderm-like ectomesenchymal precursors of the head skeleton...
- Das A, Crump J. Bmps and id2a act upstream of Twist1 to restrict ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crest. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002710 pubmed publisher..Together our model shows how the integration of Bmp inhibition at its origin and Fgf activation along its migratory route would confer temporal and spatial specificity to the generation of ectomesenchyme from the neural crest...
- Kawaguchi M, Yasumasu S, Hiroi J, Naruse K, Suzuki T, Iuchi I. Analysis of the exon-intron structures of fish, amphibian, bird and mammalian hatching enzyme genes, with special reference to the intron loss evolution of hatching enzyme genes in Teleostei. Gene. 2007;392:77-88 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that the zebrafish hatching enzyme genes were translocated from chromosome to chromosome, and lost some of their introns during evolution...
- Smolen G, Schott B, Stewart R, Diederichs S, Muir B, Provencher H, et al. A Rap GTPase interactor, RADIL, mediates migration of neural crest precursors. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2131-6 pubmed..We specifically show that these defects are primarily due to the diminished migratory capacity of NC cells. The identification of RADIL as a regulator of NC migration defines a role for the Rap pathway in this process. ..
- Lacosta A, Canudas J, Gonzalez C, Muniesa P, Sarasa M, Dominguez L. Pax7 identifies neural crest, chromatophore lineages and pigment stem cells during zebrafish development. Int J Dev Biol. 2007;51:327-31 pubmed..Finally, during the larva to adult transition, we show that pigment stem cells recapitulate the expression of Pax7. ..
- Lister J, Cooper C, Nguyen K, Modrell M, Grant K, Raible D. Zebrafish Foxd3 is required for development of a subset of neural crest derivatives. Dev Biol. 2006;290:92-104 pubmed
- Kurosaki M, Bolis M, Fratelli M, Barzago M, Pattini L, Perretta G, et al. Structure and evolution of vertebrate aldehyde oxidases: from gene duplication to gene suppression. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013;70:1807-30 pubmed publisher..Subsequent gene duplications generated the two mammalian genes, AOX3 and AOX4. The evolution of mammalian AOX genes is dominated by pseudogenization and deletion events...