Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: alpl
Description: alkaline phosphatase, liver/bone/kidney
Alias: Akp2, alp, zgc:56672, alkaline phosphatase, tissue-nonspecific isozyme, tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase
- Gavaia P, Simes D, Ortiz Delgado J, Viegas C, Pinto J, Kelsh R, et al. Osteocalcin and matrix Gla protein in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and Senegal sole (Solea senegalensis): comparative gene and protein expression during larval development through adulthood. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:637-52 pubmed..These results suggest different patterns of Mgp accumulation between fish and mammals. ..
- Park C, Kim H, Kim D, Han H, Noh H, Jang J, et al. Ginsenoside Re Inhibits Osteoclast Differentiation in Mouse Bone Marrow-Derived Macrophages and Zebrafish Scale Model. Mol Cells. 2016;39:855-861 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that both aqueous ginseng extract and ginsenoside Re prevent bone resorption by inhibiting osteoclast differentiation. Ginsenoside Re could be important for promoting bone health. ..
- Jiang Y, Yan Y, Wang X, Zhu G, Xu Y. Hepcidin inhibition on the effect of osteogenesis in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;476:1-6 pubmed publisher..Quantitative real-time PCR analyses revealed the osteoblast-specific genes alp, runx2a, runx2b, and sp7 in morphants are down-regulated...
- Steiner A, Kim T, Cabot V, Hudspeth A. Dynamic gene expression by putative hair-cell progenitors during regeneration in the zebrafish lateral line. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E1393-401 pubmed publisher..These results provide a resource for studying hair-cell regeneration and the biology of sensory progenitor cells. ..
- Yang Y, Wandler A, Postlethwait J, Guillemin K. Dynamic Evolution of the LPS-Detoxifying Enzyme Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase in Zebrafish and Other Vertebrates. Front Immunol. 2012;3:314 pubmed publisher..We present evidence that these three clades originated during the two vertebrate genome duplications. We show that alpl is ubiquitously expressed in zebrafish, as it is in mammals, whereas the other three alps are specific to the ..
- Carnovali M, Ottria R, Pasqualetti S, Banfi G, Ciuffreda P, Mariotti M. Effects of bioactive fatty acid amide derivatives in zebrafish scale model of bone metabolism and disease. Pharmacol Res. 2016;104:1-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that long-chain fatty acid amides are involved in regulating bone metabolism in zebrafish scales and that the CB2 receptor is a key mediator in this process. ..
- Kague E, Roy P, Asselin G, Hu G, Simonet J, Stanley A, et al. Osterix/Sp7 limits cranial bone initiation sites and is required for formation of sutures. Dev Biol. 2016;413:160-72 pubmed publisher..The delay in bone maturation caused by loss of Sp7 leads to unregulated bone formation, revealing a new mechanism for patterning the skull and sutures. ..
- de Vrieze E, van Kessel M, Peters H, Spanings F, Flik G, Metz J. Prednisolone induces osteoporosis-like phenotype in regenerating zebrafish scales. Osteoporos Int. 2014;25:567-78 pubmed publisher..An unsurpassed convenience and low cost then make the zebrafish scale a superior model for preclinical studies in osteoporosis research. ..
- Luo S, Chen J, Zhong Z, Lv X, Yang Y, Zhang J, et al. Salvianolic acid B stimulates osteogenesis in dexamethasone-treated zebrafish larvae. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2016;37:1370-1380 pubmed publisher..reduced the expression of osteoblast-specific genes, including runx2a, osteocalcin (OC), alkaline phosphatase (ALP) and osterix (sp7), and increased the accumulation of ROS and MDA in the larvae. Co-exposure to Sal B (0...
- Zoeller J, McQuillan A, Whitelock J, Ho S, Iozzo R. A central function for perlecan in skeletal muscle and cardiovascular development. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:381-94 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that perlecan is essential for the integrity of somitic muscle and developmental angiogenesis and that endorepellin mediates most of these biological activities. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang H, Zhao G, Yokoyama T, Vega H, Huang Y, et al. ATP6V1H Deficiency Impairs Bone Development through Activation of MMP9 and MMP13. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006481 pubmed publisher..We propose that MMP9/MMP13 could be therapeutic targets for patients with this rare genetic disease. ..
- Chen J, Ruan H, Ng S, Gao C, Soo H, Wu W, et al. Loss of function of def selectively up-regulates Delta113p53 expression to arrest expansion growth of digestive organs in zebrafish. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2900-11 pubmed