Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ahr2
Description: aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2
Alias: ahrb, aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2, AHR1b, aryl hydrocarbon receptor b
- Carney S, Peterson R, Heideman W. 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor/aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator pathway causes developmental toxicity through a CYP1A-independent mechanism in zebrafish. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;66:512-21 pubmed..This suggests an alternative model in which TCDD-activated AHR/ARNT disrupts the normal process of growth and development by altering programs of gene expression or function. ..
- Andreasen E, Tanguay R, Peterson R, Heideman W. Identification of a critical amino acid in the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13210-8 pubmed..These results identify a critical residue in AHR proteins that has an important impact on transactivation, enhancer site recognition, and regulation by ligand. ..
- Hahn M, Karchner S, Evans B, Franks D, Merson R, Lapseritis J. Unexpected diversity of aryl hydrocarbon receptors in non-mammalian vertebrates: insights from comparative genomics. J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol. 2006;305:693-706 pubmed..a single AHR, teleosts such as the Atlantic killifish (Fundulus heteroclitus) have at least two AHRs (AHR1 and AHR2)...
- Prasch A, Teraoka H, Carney S, Dong W, Hiraga T, Stegeman J, et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 mediates 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin developmental toxicity in zebrafish. Toxicol Sci. 2003;76:138-50 pubmed..Most strikingly, zfahr2 morphants exposed to TCDD never developed edema. Taken together, these results demonstrate that zfAHR2 mediates several endpoints of TCDD developmental toxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Jönsson M, Jenny M, Woodin B, Hahn M, Stegeman J. Role of AHR2 in the expression of novel cytochrome P450 1 family genes, cell cycle genes, and morphological defects in developing zebra fish exposed to 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl or 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Sci. 2007;100:180-93 pubmed..3-1nM) and pericardial edema (EC50: 4.4nM, LOEC: 3nM) in 3-dpf embryos. Blockage of AHR2 translation significantly inhibited these effects of PCB126 and TCDD...
- Zeruth G, Pollenz R. Functional analysis of cis-regulatory regions within the dioxin-inducible CYP1A promoter/enhancer region from zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chem Biol Interact. 2007;170:100-13 pubmed..Collectively, these findings suggest that the presence of XREs is not the sole determinant for regulation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR)-mediated gene and do not function in an additive manner. ..
- Zhang H, Yao Y, Chen Y, Yue C, Chen J, Tong J, et al. Crosstalk between AhR and wnt/?-catenin signal pathways in the cardiac developmental toxicity of PM2.5 in zebrafish embryos. Toxicology. 2016;355-356:31-8 pubmed publisher..5 might repress wnt/?-catenin signaling, leading to heart defects in zebrafish embryos. Furthermore, our results indicate that the cardiac developmental toxicity of PM2.5 might be prevented by targeting AhR or wnt/?-catenin signaling. ..
- Garcia G, Goodale B, Wiley M, La Du J, Hendrix D, Tanguay R. In Vivo Characterization of an AHR-Dependent Long Noncoding RNA Required for Proper Sox9b Expression. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;91:609-619 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms by which AHR2 (functional ortholog of mammalian AHR) activation leads to reduced sox9b expression levels and subsequent ..
- Wincent E, JÃ¶nsson M, Bottai M, Lundstedt S, Dreij K. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation and developmental toxicity in zebrafish in response to soil extracts containing unsubstituted and oxygenated PAHs. Environ Sci Technol. 2015;49:3869-77 pubmed publisher..With all extracts, Ahr2-knock-down reduced the toxicity, indicating a significant Ahr2-dependence on the effects...
- Evans B, Karchner S, Franks D, Hahn M. Duplicate aryl hydrocarbon receptor repressor genes (ahrr1 and ahrr2) in the zebrafish Danio rerio: structure, function, evolution, and AHR-dependent regulation in vivo. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2005;441:151-67 pubmed..In transient transfection assays, AHRR1 and AHRR2 repressed constitutive and TCDD-inducible transactivation by AHR2. Expression of both AHRR mRNAs was induced in ZF-L cells by AHR agonists but not by non-agonists...
- Jönsson M, Franks D, Woodin B, Jenny M, Garrick R, Behrendt L, et al. The tryptophan photoproduct 6-formylindolo[3,2-b]carbazole (FICZ) binds multiple AHRs and induces multiple CYP1 genes via AHR2 in zebrafish. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;181:447-54 pubmed publisher..the response to FICZ is evolutionarily conserved in vertebrates by measuring FICZ binding to two zebrafish AHRs (AHR1B and AHR2) and its ability to induce zebrafish CYP1 genes (CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, CYP1C2, and CYP1D1) in vivo...
- Chen Y, Chan K. Differential effects of metal ions on TCDD-induced cytotoxicity and cytochrome P4501A1 gene expression in a zebrafish liver (ZFL) cell-line. Metallomics. 2016;8:236-51 pubmed publisher..A proteomic study showed that the toxic effects of As(3+) might be due to changes in cellular metabolic processes, the cellular stimulation response and the cellular redox state in ZFL cells. ..
- Christen V, Fent K. Tissue-, sex- and development-specific transcription profiles of eight UDP-glucuronosyltransferase genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and their regulation by activator of aryl hydrocarbon receptor. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;150:93-102 pubmed publisher..To analyze for transcriptional regulation of Ugts by the arylhydrocarbon receptor (ahr2), zebrafish eleuthero-embryos were exposed to 5, 25 and 50?g/L benzo(a)pyrene (BaP), a model ahr2 regulator for ..
- Blanc M, Karrman A, Kukucka P, Scherbak N, Keiter S. Mixture-specific gene expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to perfluorooctane sulfonic acid (PFOS), perfluorohexanoic acid (PFHxA) and 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126). Sci Total Environ. 2017;590-591:249-257 pubmed publisher..fertilization (hpf) to 96 hpf to investigate expression changes of genes involved in metabolism of xenobiotics (ahr2, cyp1a), oxidative stress (gpx1a, tp53), lipids metabolism (acaa2, osbpl1a), and epigenetic mechanisms (dnmt1, ..
- Xin Q, Rotchell J, Cheng J, Yi J, Zhang Q. Silver nanoparticles affect the neural development of zebrafish embryos. J Appl Toxicol. 2015;35:1481-92 pubmed publisher..The expression of AhR2 and Cyp1A, which are usually considered to mediate polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon toxicity, were also ..
- Sugden W, Leonardo Mendonça R, Acuna Castroviejo D, Siekmann A. Genetic dissection of endothelial transcriptional activity of zebrafish aryl hydrocarbon receptors (AHRs). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183433 pubmed publisher..Here we dissect the contribution of the 3 zebrafish AHRs, ahr1a, ahr1b and ahr2, to endothelial cyp1a1/b1 gene regulation under physiologic conditions and upon exposure to the AHR ..
- Prasch A, Andreasen E, Peterson R, Heideman W. Interactions between 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) and hypoxia signaling pathways in zebrafish: hypoxia decreases responses to TCDD in zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2004;78:68-77 pubmed..Hypoxia decreased TCDD induction of zfCYP1A mRNA, and decreased the potency of TCDD in causing edema. It is not clear whether this is mediated through competition for zfARNT2, or through other mechanisms. ..
- Thomas J, Janz D. Embryo Microinjection of Selenomethionine Reduces Hatchability and Modifies Oxidant Responsive Gene Expression in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:26520 pubmed publisher..Notably, excess Se exposure up-regulated transcript abundance of aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 (ahr2), a signalling pathway involved in the toxicity of dioxin-related compounds...
- Li X, Ma J, Fang Q, Li Y. Transcription alterations of microRNAs, cytochrome P4501A1 and 3A65, and AhR and PXR in the liver of zebrafish exposed to crude microcystins. Toxicon. 2013;73:17-22 pubmed publisher..However, CYP1A1 transcription remained unchanged while mRNA levels of AhRR1 and AhR2 were significantly higher than that of control...
- Wang W, Chen G, Hsu H, Wu C. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 mediates the toxicity of Paclobutrazol on the digestive system of zebrafish embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;159:13-22 pubmed publisher..were used to show that PBZ strongly induces cyp1a1 expression in the digestive system, and slightly induces ahr2 expression in zebrafish embryos. Knockdown of ahr2 with morpholino oligonucleotides prevents PBZ toxicity...
- Tseng H, Hseu T, Buhler D, Wang W, Hu C. Constitutive and xenobiotics-induced expression of a novel CYP3A gene from zebrafish larva. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2005;205:247-58 pubmed..Repression of AHR2 translation by antisense morpholino oligonucleotides abrogated both of constitutive and TCDD-stimulated CYP3A65 ..
- Ma Y, Cao C, Wang Q, Gui W, Zhu G. Effects of azocyclotin on gene transcription and steroid metabolome of hypothalamic-pituitary-gonad axis, and their consequences on reproduction in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2016;179:55-64 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that exposure to azocyclotin can impair reproduction in fish, and induce toxicity related abnormalities in non-exposed offspring. ..
- Yue C, Ji C, Zhang H, Zhang L, Tong J, Jiang Y, et al. Protective effects of folic acid on PM2.5-induced cardiac developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos by targeting AhR and Wnt/?-catenin signal pathways. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2316-2322 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study suggested that FA supplementation protected against PM2.5 cardiac development toxicity by targeting AhR and Wnt/?-catenin signal pathways. ..
- Faltermann S, Hutter S, Christen V, Hettich T, Fent K. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Cyanobacterial Serine Protease Inhibitors Aeruginosin 828A and Cyanopeptolin 1020 in Human Hepatoma Cell Line Huh7 and Effects in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The data further demonstrate that pathways that are influenced by microcystin-LR are not affected by aeruginosin 828A. ..
- Jenny M, Karchner S, Franks D, Woodin B, Stegeman J, Hahn M. Distinct roles of two zebrafish AHR repressors (AHRRa and AHRRb) in embryonic development and regulating the response to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Sci. 2009;110:426-41 pubmed publisher..An MO targeting AHR2 inhibited TCDD-induced expression of CYP1A, AHRRa, and AHRRb by 84-95% in 48 hpf embryos, demonstrating a primary ..
- Wincent E, Stegeman J, JÃ¶nsson M. Combination effects of AHR agonists and Wnt/Î²-catenin modulators in zebrafish embryos: Implications for physiological and toxicological AHR functions. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;284:163-79 pubmed publisher..This rescue of 1-azakenpaullone effects occurred in the time window of Ahr2-mediated toxicity and was reversed by morpholino-oligonucleotide knockdown of Ahr2...
- Huang L, Wang C, Zhang Y, Wu M, Zuo Z. Phenanthrene causes ocular developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos and the possible mechanisms involved. J Hazard Mater. 2013;261:172-80 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we demonstrated that AhR was a repressor of Zeb1. We propose that Phe's ocular toxicity is mediated by up-regulating AhR, which then down-regulates Zeb1, in turn inducing Mitf expression while inhibiting Pax6 expression. ..
- Schiwy S, Bräunig J, Alert H, Hollert H, Keiter S. A novel contact assay for testing aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR)-mediated toxicity of chemicals and whole sediments in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:16305-18 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the exposure of whole zebrafish embryos to native (freeze-dried) sediment samples represents a highly realistic and ecologically relevant exposure scenario. ..
- Holth T, Nourizadeh Lillabadi R, Blaesbjerg M, Grung M, Holbech H, Petersen G, et al. Differential gene expression and biomarkers in zebrafish (Danio rerio) following exposure to produced water components. Aquat Toxicol. 2008;90:277-91 pubmed publisher..The results from this study demonstrate that environmentally relevant concentrations of PW affect gene expression and population-relevant endpoints in zebrafish, although links between the two were not obvious. ..
- Timme Laragy A, Cockman C, Matson C, Di Giulio R. Synergistic induction of AHR regulated genes in developmental toxicity from co-exposure to two model PAHs in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2007;85:241-50 pubmed..Previous studies have indicated that in the zebrafish model, this toxicity is mediated by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 (AHR2), and enhanced by inhibition of CYP1A activity...
- Xu T, Wang Q, Shi Q, Fang Q, Guo Y, Zhou B. Bioconcentration, metabolism and alterations of thyroid hormones of Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate (TDCPP) in Zebrafish. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;40:581-6 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals that exposure to low concentrations of TDCPP can cause bioconcentration in fish, and TDCPP can be readily metabolized in liver. ..
- Goodale B, La Du J, Tilton S, Sullivan C, Bisson W, Waters K, et al. Ligand-Specific Transcriptional Mechanisms Underlie Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor-Mediated Developmental Toxicity of Oxygenated PAHs. Toxicol Sci. 2015;147:397-411 pubmed publisher..We investigated the role of the AHR in mediating the toxicity of BEZO and 7,12-B[a]AQ, and found that knockdown of AHR2 rescued developmental effects caused by both compounds...
- Weil M, Scholz S, Zimmer M, Sacher F, Duis K. Gene expression analysis in zebrafish embryos: a potential approach to predict effect concentrations in the fish early life stage test. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1970-8 pubmed publisher..and sublethal endpoints of the DarT and on expression of potential marker genes were investigated: the aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2, cytochrome P450 1A (cypla), heat shock protein 70, fizzy-related protein 1, the transcription factors ..
- Perrichon P, Akcha F, Le Menach K, Goubeau M, Budzinski H, Cousin X, et al. Parental trophic exposure to three aromatic fractions of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the zebrafish: Consequences for the offspring. Sci Total Environ. 2015;524-525:52-62 pubmed publisher..The disruptions observed at the individual level in the next generation could impact on the longer-term, surviving population. ..
- Dos Anjos N, Schulze T, Brack W, Val A, Schirmer K, Scholz S. Identification and evaluation of cyp1a transcript expression in fish as molecular biomarker for petroleum contamination in tropical fresh water ecosystems. Aquat Toxicol. 2011;103:46-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the transcript expression of various potentially sensitive genes (ahr2(1), cyp1a, hmox1, hsp70, maft, mt, nfe212, gstp1 and nqo1) in fish exposed to water soluble fractions of oil (WSF) ..
- Cunha V, Rodrigues P, Santos M, Moradas Ferreira P, Ferreira M. Danio rerio embryos on Prozac - Effects on the detoxification mechanism and embryo development. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;178:182-9 pubmed publisher..These finding raises additional concerns supporting the need to monitor the presence of this compound in aquatic reservoirs. ..
- Andreasen E, Mathew L, LOHR C, Hasson R, Tanguay R. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation impairs extracellular matrix remodeling during zebra fish fin regeneration. Toxicol Sci. 2007;95:215-26 pubmed..Quantitative real-time PCR studies revealed that the aryl hydrocarbon pathway is active and that matrix-remodeling genes are expressed in the regenerate following TCDD exposure. ..
- Aluru N, Kuo E, Helfrich L, Karchner S, Linney E, Pais J, et al. Developmental exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin alters DNA methyltransferase (dnmt) expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;284:142-51 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ahr2 can regulate dnmt3a1, dnmt3a2, and dnmt3b2 expression...
- Bugel S, White L, Cooper K. Inhibition of vitellogenin gene induction by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin is mediated by aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 (AHR2) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2013;126:1-8 pubmed publisher..chemical effects on vitellogenin gene regulation, we tested the hypothesis that activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 (AHR2) by dioxin inhibits the estrogen receptor pathway regulation of 3 vitellogenin genes (vtg1-3) in ..
- Li M, Wang X, Zhu J, Zhu S, Hu X, Zhu C, et al. Toxic effects of polychlorinated biphenyls on cardiac development in zebrafish. Mol Biol Rep. 2014;41:7973-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PCBs can induce developmental defects in the zebrafish heart, which may be mediated by abnormal RA signaling. ..
- Dong W, Teraoka H, Tsujimoto Y, Stegeman J, Hiraga T. Role of aryl hydrocarbon receptor in mesencephalic circulation failure and apoptosis in zebrafish embryos exposed to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Sci. 2004;77:109-16 pubmed..In the present experiments, we investigated the effects of morpholino antisense oligos against aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 (zfAHR2) (AHR2-MO) on toxicological endpoints caused by TCDD in developing zebrafish...
- Zhang Y, Wang C, Huang L, Chen R, Chen Y, Zuo Z. Low-level pyrene exposure causes cardiac toxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2012;114-115:119-24 pubmed publisher..Changes in AhR1a, AhR1b, AhR2, and Cyp1A expression were assessed by real-time RT-PCR...
- J nsson M, Woodin B, Stegeman J, Brunstr m B. Cytochrome p450 1 genes in birds: evolutionary relationships and transcription profiles in chicken and Japanese quail embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28257 pubmed publisher..Determining CYP1 catalytic functions in different species should indicate the evolving roles of these duplicated genes in physiological and toxicological processes...
- Kubota A, Goldstone J, Lemaire B, Takata M, Woodin B, Stegeman J. Role of pregnane X receptor and aryl hydrocarbon receptor in transcriptional regulation of pxr, CYP2, and CYP3 genes in developing zebrafish. Toxicol Sci. 2015;143:398-407 pubmed publisher..Pregnenolone caused a dose-dependent increase in mRNA levels of pxr, ahr2, CYP1A, CYP2AA1, CYP2AA12, CYP3A65, and CYP3C1, most of which peaked at 3 ÂµM PN...
- BrÃ¤unig J, Schiwy S, Broedel O, MÃ¼ller Y, Frohme M, Hollert H, et al. Time-dependent expression and activity of cytochrome P450 1s in early life-stages of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:16319-28 pubmed publisher..In the present study, gene expression of cyp1a, cyp1b1, cyp1c1, cyp1c2, and ahr2 as well as EROD activity were investigated up to 120 h postfertilization (hpf) after exposure to either Î²-..
- Goodale B, La Du J, Bisson W, Janszen D, Waters K, Tanguay R. AHR2 mutant reveals functional diversity of aryl hydrocarbon receptors in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29346 pubmed publisher..probes to investigate function, ligand binding and CYP1A induction patterns of paralogues AHR2, AHR1A and AHR1B. By evaluating TCDD-induced developmental toxicity, mRNA expression changes and CYP1A protein in the AHR2 mutant ..
- Kim S, Sohn J, Ha S, Kang H, Yim U, Shim W, et al. Thyroid Hormone Disruption by Water-Accommodated Fractions of Crude Oil and Sediments Affected by the Hebei Spirit Oil Spill in Zebrafish and GH3 Cells. Environ Sci Technol. 2016;50:5972-80 pubmed publisher..Sediment samples also showed thyroid disrupting potentials in the GH3 cell, even several years after the oil spill. Long-term ecosystem consequences of thyroid hormone disruption due to oil spill deserve further investigation. ..
- Nasri A, Valverde A, Roche D, Desrumaux C, Clair P, Beyrem H, et al. Neurotoxicity of a Biopesticide Analog on Zebrafish Larvae at Nanomolar Concentrations. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..On the other hand, canonical targets of endocrine signaling are not affected, suggesting that the neurotoxic effect of A6 may be due to the binding of this compound to a recently identified, neuron-specific estrogen receptor. ..
- Massarsky A, Bone A, Dong W, Hinton D, Prasad G, Di Giulio R. AHR2 morpholino knockdown reduces the toxicity of total particulate matter to zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;309:63-76 pubmed publisher..were performed in embryos that were microinjected with nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), AHR2, cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A), or CYP1B1 morpholinos, and deformities were assessed...
- Larcher T, Perrichon P, Vignet C, Ledevin M, Le Menach K, Lyphout L, et al. Chronic dietary exposure of zebrafish to PAH mixtures results in carcinogenic but not genotoxic effects. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2014;21:13833-49 pubmed publisher..Chronic dietary exposure of zebrafish to PAH mixtures results in carcinogenotoxic events that impair survival and physiology of exposed fish. ..
- Wentworth J, Buzzeo R, Pollenz R. Functional characterization of aryl hydrocarbon receptor (zfAHR2) localization and degradation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;67:1363-72 pubmed..These results suggest that there is conservation of function between fish and mammals with respect to ligand-dependent and -independent degradation of the AHR and that the zfAHR2 is degraded via the 26S proteasome. ..
- Fent K, Chew G, Li J, Gomez E. Benzotriazole UV-stabilizers and benzotriazole: Antiandrogenic activity in vitro and activation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2014;482-483:125-36 pubmed publisher..UV-326 led to a significant induction of cyp1a1 and AHR2, but down-regulation of gstp1 at 84?g/L...
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Du J, Zhao M. Environmentally relevant levels of ?-cyhalothrin, fenvalerate, and permethrin cause developmental toxicity and disrupt endocrine system in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo. Chemosphere. 2017;185:1173-1180 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that these 3 SPs may cause developmental toxicity to zebrafish larvae by disrupting endocrine signaling at environmentally relevant concentrations. ..
- Perrichon P, Le Menach K, Akcha F, Cachot J, Budzinski H, Bustamante P. Toxicity assessment of water-accommodated fractions from two different oils using a zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo-larval bioassay with a multilevel approach. Sci Total Environ. 2016;568:952-966 pubmed publisher..Our work highlights once more, the cardiotoxic action (and potentially neurotoxic) of petroleum-related PAHs. ..
- Voelker D, Vess C, Tillmann M, Nagel R, Otto G, Geisler R, et al. Differential gene expression as a toxicant-sensitive endpoint in zebrafish embryos and larvae. Aquat Toxicol. 2007;81:355-64 pubmed..Six genes involved in biotransformation (cyp1a, ahr2), stress response (nfe212, maft, hmox1) and cell cycle control (fzr1) were significantly regulated...
- Ko S, Shin I. Cardiosulfa induces heart deformation in zebrafish through the AhR-mediated, CYP1A-independent pathway. Chembiochem. 2012;13:1483-9 pubmed publisher..regulators of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) signaling pathway, such as the AhR antagonist CH-223191 and an AhR2-morpholino antisense oligonucleotide, zfahr2-MO...
- Kubota A, Stegeman J, Woodin B, Iwanaga T, Harano R, Peterson R, et al. Role of zebrafish cytochrome P450 CYP1C genes in the reduced mesencephalic vein blood flow caused by activation of AHR2. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;253:244-52 pubmed publisher..was recently discovered in fish and includes the paralogues CYP1C1 and CYP1C2, both of which are induced via AHR2 in zebrafish embryos...
- Lanham K, Prasch A, Weina K, Peterson R, Heideman W. A dominant negative zebrafish Ahr2 partially protects developing zebrafish from dioxin toxicity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28020 pubmed publisher..This work describes the construction and characterization of dominant negative forms of the zebrafish Ahr2 in which the C-terminal transactivation domain was either removed, or replaced with the inhibitory domain from the ..
- Na Y, Seok S, Baek M, Lee H, Kim D, Park S, et al. Protective effects of vitamin E against 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126) induced toxicity in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2009;72:714-9 pubmed publisher..These data give insights into the use of vitamin E to reduce PCB126-mediated toxicity and into the use of zebrafish embryos for exploring mechanisms underlying the oxidative potential of AHR agonists. ..
- Arukwe A, Nordtug T, Kortner T, Mortensen A, Brakstad O. Modulation of steroidogenesis and xenobiotic biotransformation responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to water-soluble fraction of crude oil. Environ Res. 2008;107:362-70 pubmed publisher..increase of AhR1, CYP1A1 and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3beta-HSD) mRNA levels, and decrease of AhR2. On the activity level, WSF produced concentration-specific increase of ethoxyresorufin O-deethylase (EROD), ..
- Fraccalvieri D, Soshilov A, Karchner S, Franks D, Pandini A, Bonati L, et al. Comparative analysis of homology models of the AH receptor ligand binding domain: verification of structure-function predictions by site-directed mutagenesis of a nonfunctional receptor. Biochemistry. 2013;52:714-25 pubmed publisher..Comparison of the internal cavity in the LBD model of zebrafish (zf) AHR2, which binds TCDD with high affinity, to that of zfAHR1a, which does not bind TCDD, revealed that the latter has a ..
- Chang C, Chung H, Su H, Tseng H, Tzou W, Hu C. Regulation of zebrafish CYP3A65 transcription by AHR2. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;270:174-84 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the AHR2 DNA and ligand-binding domains are required to mediate effective CYP3A65 transcription...