Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ahr1a
Description: aryl hydrocarbon receptor 1a
Alias: AHR2, ahr1, ahra, zfAHR1, aryl hydrocarbon receptor, aryl hydrocarbon receptor a
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Du J, Zhao M. Environmentally relevant levels of ?-cyhalothrin, fenvalerate, and permethrin cause developmental toxicity and disrupt endocrine system in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo. Chemosphere. 2017;185:1173-1180 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that these 3 SPs may cause developmental toxicity to zebrafish larvae by disrupting endocrine signaling at environmentally relevant concentrations. ..
- J nsson M, Woodin B, Stegeman J, Brunstr m B. Cytochrome p450 1 genes in birds: evolutionary relationships and transcription profiles in chicken and Japanese quail embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28257 pubmed publisherCytochrome P450 1 (CYP1) genes are biomarkers for aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) agonists and may be involved in some of their toxic effects. CYP1s other than the CYP1As are poorly studied in birds...
- Gerlach C, Das S, Volz D, Bisson W, Kolluri S, Tanguay R. Mono-substituted isopropylated triaryl phosphate, a major component of Firemaster 550, is an AHR agonist that exhibits AHR-independent cardiotoxicity in zebrafish. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;154:71-9 pubmed publisher..Previous research showed that developmental defects are rescued using an aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) antagonist (CH223191), suggesting that mITP-induced toxicity was AHR-dependent...
- Knecht A, Goodale B, Truong L, Simonich M, Swanson A, Matzke M, et al. Comparative developmental toxicity of environmentally relevant oxygenated PAHs. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;271:266-75 pubmed publisher..Comprehensive in vivo characterization of 38 structurally diverse OPAHs indicated differential AHR dependency and a prominent role for oxidative stress in the toxicity mechanisms...
- Fraccalvieri D, Soshilov A, Karchner S, Franks D, Pandini A, Bonati L, et al. Comparative analysis of homology models of the AH receptor ligand binding domain: verification of structure-function predictions by site-directed mutagenesis of a nonfunctional receptor. Biochemistry. 2013;52:714-25 pubmed publisherThe aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) is a ligand-dependent transcription factor that mediates the biological and toxic effects of a wide variety of structurally diverse chemicals, including the toxic environmental contaminant 2,3,7,8-..
- Garner L, Brown D, Di Giulio R. Knockdown of AHR1A but not AHR1B exacerbates PAH and PCB-126 toxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;142-143:336-46 pubmed publisherVarious environmental contaminants are known agonists for the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR), which is highly conserved across vertebrate species...
- Fent K, Chew G, Li J, Gomez E. Benzotriazole UV-stabilizers and benzotriazole: Antiandrogenic activity in vitro and activation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway in zebrafish eleuthero-embryos. Sci Total Environ. 2014;482-483:125-36 pubmed publisher..7, and 84.3?g/L UV-326 and 7.9, 97.3 and 1197.3?g/L 1HBT. Among the 26 transcripts, the induction of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) pathway by UV-P and UV-326 was the most significant finding...
- Goodale B, La Du J, Bisson W, Janszen D, Waters K, Tanguay R. AHR2 mutant reveals functional diversity of aryl hydrocarbon receptors in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29346 pubmed publisherThe aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) is well known for mediating the toxic effects of TCDD and has been a subject of intense research for over 30 years...
- Xu T, Wang Q, Shi Q, Fang Q, Guo Y, Zhou B. Bioconcentration, metabolism and alterations of thyroid hormones of Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate (TDCPP) in Zebrafish. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015;40:581-6 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals that exposure to low concentrations of TDCPP can cause bioconcentration in fish, and TDCPP can be readily metabolized in liver. ..
- Faltermann S, Hutter S, Christen V, Hettich T, Fent K. Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Cyanobacterial Serine Protease Inhibitors Aeruginosin 828A and Cyanopeptolin 1020 in Human Hepatoma Cell Line Huh7 and Effects in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Toxins (Basel). 2016;8: pubmed publisher..The data further demonstrate that pathways that are influenced by microcystin-LR are not affected by aeruginosin 828A. ..
- Du M, Fang C, Qiu L, Dong S, Zhang X, Yan C. Diastereoisomer-specific effects of hexabromocyclododecanes on hepatic aryl hydrocarbon receptors and cytochrome P450s in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2015;132:24-31 pubmed publisher..We examined the gene expression of aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) and cytochrome P450 (CYP), as well as ethoxyresorufin-O-deethylase (EROD) activity in zebrafish ..
- Sugden W, Leonardo Mendonça R, Acuna Castroviejo D, Siekmann A. Genetic dissection of endothelial transcriptional activity of zebrafish aryl hydrocarbon receptors (AHRs). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183433 pubmed publisherThe aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) is a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor conserved across phyla from flies to humans...
- Huang L, Wang C, Zhang Y, Wu M, Zuo Z. Phenanthrene causes ocular developmental toxicity in zebrafish embryos and the possible mechanisms involved. J Hazard Mater. 2013;261:172-80 pubmed publisher..Phe exposure up-regulated aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) and microphthalmia-associated transcription factor (Mtif) expression, and down-regulated zinc ..
- Krasowski M, Yasuda K, Hagey L, Schuetz E. Evolutionary selection across the nuclear hormone receptor superfamily with a focus on the NR1I subfamily (vitamin D, pregnane X, and constitutive androstane receptors). Nucl Recept. 2005;3:2 pubmed..NR genes generally show strong sequence conservation and little evidence for positive selection. The main exceptions are PXR and CAR, genes that may have adapted to cross-species differences in toxic compound exposure. ..