Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: agrp
Description: agouti related neuropeptide
Alias: agrp1, si:dkey-193l8.2, agouti related neuropeptide, agouti related protein homolog
- Toyama R, Chen X, Jhawar N, Aamar E, Epstein J, Reany N, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish pineal gland. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1813-26 pubmed publisher..Among the multiple candidate genes suggested by these data, we note the identification of a tissue-specific form of the unc119 gene with a possible role in pineal development. ..
- Wang H, Semenova S, Kuusela S, Panula P, Lehtonen S. Tankyrases regulate glucoregulatory mechanisms and somatic growth via the central melanocortin system in zebrafish larvae. FASEB J. 2015;29:4435-48 pubmed publisher..The collective data suggest that TNKS1b modulates glucoregulatory mechanisms and the somatic growth of zebrafish larvae via the central melanocortin system. ..
- Kopp R, Billecke N, Legradi J, den Broeder M, Parekh S, Legler J. Bringing obesity to light: Rev-erbÎ±, a central player in light-induced adipogenesis in the zebrafish?. Int J Obes (Lond). 2016;40:824-32 pubmed publisher..As the pparÎ²Î´ promoter includes three Rev-erbÎ± binding sites, we hypothesize that pparÎ²Î´ may be a direct target that ultimately activates PparÎ³. ..
- Martella A, Silvestri C, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Allarà M, Radaelli G, et al. Bisphenol A Induces Fatty Liver by an Endocannabinoid-Mediated Positive Feedback Loop. Endocrinology. 2016;157:1751-63 pubmed publisher..We conclude that BPA is able to produce hepatosteatosis in zebrafish and human hepatocytes by up-regulating the endocannabinoid system. ..
- Drew R, Rodnick K, Settles M, Wacyk J, Churchill E, Powell M, et al. Effect of starvation on transcriptomes of brain and liver in adult female zebrafish (Danio rerio). Physiol Genomics. 2008;35:283-95 pubmed publisher..Only agouti-related protein 1 (agrp1) significantly responded, with increased expression in brains of starved fish...
- Shainer I, Buchshtab A, Hawkins T, Wilson S, Cone R, Gothilf Y. Novel hypophysiotropic AgRP2 neurons and pineal cells revealed by BAC transgenesis in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:44777 pubmed publisher..Fish express two agrp genes in the brain: agrp1, considered functionally homologous with the mammalian AgRP, and agrp2...
- Cortés R, Teles M, Oliveira M, Fierro Castro C, Tort L, Cerdá Reverter J. Effects of acute handling stress on short-term central expression of orexigenic/anorexigenic genes in zebrafish. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2018;44:257-272 pubmed publisher..All three orexigenic peptides examined, i.e., neuropeptide y (npy), agouti-related protein (agrp), and ghrelin, increased their central expression level suggesting that these neuronal systems are not involved in ..
- Zheng B, Li S, Liu Y, Li Y, Chen H, Tang H, et al. Spexin Suppress Food Intake in Zebrafish: Evidence from Gene Knockout Study. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14643 pubmed publisher..Real-time PCR revealed that the expression level of agouti-relate protein 1 (AgRP1), a significant appetite stimulant, was significantly higher in spx1 -/- mutant fish after feeding...