Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: actb2
Description: actin, beta 2
Alias: actbb, bact2, bactin2, fa56g06, fb38a10, wu:fa56g06, wu:fb38a10, actin, cytoplasmic 2, beta-actin-2
- Wang Y, Rovira M, Yusuff S, Parsons M. Genetic inducible fate mapping in larval zebrafish reveals origins of adult insulin-producing ?-cells. Development. 2011;138:609-17 pubmed publisher..As pancreas organogenesis continues, the ventral bud derived PNCs align along the duct, remain multipotent and later in development differentiate to form secondary islets, ducts and CACs. ..
- Novak C, Jiang X, Wang C, Teske J, Kotz C, Levine J. Caloric restriction and physical activity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Neurosci Lett. 2005;383:99-104 pubmed..Thus, the association between negative energy balance and reductions in PA occurs across genera in biology and is associated with predictable neurological changes in brain gene expression. ..
- Goody M, Kelly M, Lessard K, Khalil A, Henry C. Nrk2b-mediated NAD+ production regulates cell adhesion and is required for muscle morphogenesis in vivo: Nrk2b and NAD+ in muscle morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2010;344:809-26 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a previously unrecognized complexity to CMAC assembly in vivo and also elucidate a novel role for NAD+ during morphogenesis. ..
- Casadei R, Pelleri M, Vitale L, Facchin F, Lenzi L, Canaider S, et al. Identification of housekeeping genes suitable for gene expression analysis in the zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2011;11:271-6 pubmed publisher..Statistical analysis was performed to identify genes with the lowest expression standard deviation in the studied panel. Our results showed that beta-actin 2 (bactin2) is the mRNA with the lowest variability of expression.
- Kwan K, Fujimoto E, Grabher C, Mangum B, Hardy M, Campbell D, et al. The Tol2kit: a multisite gateway-based construction kit for Tol2 transposon transgenesis constructs. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:3088-99 pubmed..The Tol2kit greatly facilitates zebrafish transgenesis, simplifies the sharing of clones, and enables large-scale projects testing the functions of libraries of regulatory or coding sequences. ..
- Ouyang M, Garnett A, Han T, Hama K, Lee A, Deng Y, et al. A web based resource characterizing the zebrafish developmental profile of over 16,000 transcripts. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:171-80 pubmed
- Fortier S, Yang X, Wang Y, Bennett R, Strauss P. Base excision repair in early zebrafish development: evidence for DNA polymerase switching and standby AP endonuclease activity. Biochemistry. 2009;48:5396-404 pubmed publisher..The switch to normal, adult BER occurs fully when the embryos hatch from the chorionic membrane and encounter normal oxidative stress. ..
- Lin C, Spikings E, Zhang T, Rawson D. Effect of chilling and cryopreservation on expression of Pax genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos and blastomeres. Cryobiology. 2009;59:42-7 pubmed publisher..Cryopreservation can therefore disrupt normal gene expression patterns in zebrafish embryonic blastomeres which could have a detrimental effect on embryo development. ..
- Boniface E, Lu J, Victoroff T, Zhu M, Chen W. FlEx-based transgenic reporter lines for visualization of Cre and Flp activity in live zebrafish. Genesis. 2009;47:484-91 pubmed publisher..Similar to the widely used Cre reporter lines in mice, these FlEx-based reporter lines will facilitate the use of recombinases for genetic manipulations in zebrafish. ..
- Kim D, Seok S, Baek M, Lee H, Na Y, Park S, et al. Estrogen-responsive transient expression assay using a brain aromatase-based reporter gene in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Med. 2009;59:416-23 pubmed..This system will serve to model the in vivo conversion and breakdown of estrogenic compounds and thus provide a rapid preliminary screening method to estimate their estrogenicity. ..
- Ramachandran R, Reifler A, Parent J, Goldman D. Conditional gene expression and lineage tracing of tuba1a expressing cells during zebrafish development and retina regeneration. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:4196-212 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that tuba1a-expressing progenitors contribute to multiple cell lineages during development and that tuba1a-expressing Müller glia are retinal progenitors in the adult. ..
- Lin C, Spikings E, Zhang T, Rawson D. Housekeeping genes for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres. Theriogenology. 2009;71:1147-55 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that combined use of beta-actin and EF1alpha as housekeeping genes would be suitable for cryopreservation studies on zebrafish embryos and blastomeres. ..
- Randlett O, Poggi L, Zolessi F, Harris W. The oriented emergence of axons from retinal ganglion cells is directed by laminin contact in vivo. Neuron. 2011;70:266-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that contact-mediated cues may be critical for the site of axon emergence and account for the differences in cellular behavior observed in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Meng X, Bartholomew C, Craft J. Differential expression of vitellogenin and oestrogen receptor genes in the liver of zebrafish, Danio rerio. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2010;396:625-30 pubmed publisher..1% of female fish), while ERbeta1 could not be detected. The very low level of expression of ERalpha in males raises questions about the accepted mechanism of oestrogenic induction of VTG in male fish. ..
- Kulkeaw K, Ishitani T, Kanemaru T, Fucharoen S, Sugiyama D. Cold exposure down-regulates zebrafish hematopoiesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:859-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that this zebrafish model is useful to identify novel genes for hematopoiesis, particularly erythropoiesis. ..
- Liu D, Hsu C, Tsai S, Hsiao C, Wang W. A variant of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (Fgfr2) regulates left-right asymmetry in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21793 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, KV cilia were shorter in fgfr2c morphants. We conclude that the fgfr2c isoform plays an important role in the left-right asymmetry during zebrafish development. ..
- Aamar E, Dawid I. Sox17 and chordin are required for formation of Kupffer's vesicle and left-right asymmetry determination in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2980-8 pubmed publisher..These defects correlated with the formation of small KVs with apparently diminished cilia, consistent with the known requirement for ciliary function in the laterality organ for the establishment of L-R asymmetry. ..
- Lister A, van der Kraak G. Regulation of prostaglandin synthesis in ovaries of sexually-mature zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mol Reprod Dev. 2009;76:1064-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these in vivo results suggest that gonadotropins and steroids are involved in the regulation of the AA pathway in ovarian follicles of zebrafish. ..
- Tang R, Dodd A, Lai D, McNabb W, Love D. Validation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) reference genes for quantitative real-time RT-PCR normalization. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:384-90 pubmed..Importantly, the zebrafish GAPDH gene appears unsuitable as reference gene for both types of studies. ..
- Blaser H, Reichman Fried M, Castanon I, Dumstrei K, Marlow F, Kawakami K, et al. Migration of zebrafish primordial germ cells: a role for myosin contraction and cytoplasmic flow. Dev Cell. 2006;11:613-27 pubmed..The biased formation of new protrusions in a particular region of the cell in response to SDF-1 defines the leading edge and the direction of cell migration. ..
- Kikuchi K, Holdway J, Werdich A, Anderson R, Fang Y, Egnaczyk G, et al. Primary contribution to zebrafish heart regeneration by gata4(+) cardiomyocytes. Nature. 2010;464:601-5 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for promoting regeneration of the injured human heart. ..
- Li I, Chan C, Lu Y, Wu Y, Chen Y, Li G, et al. Zebrafish krüppel-like factor 4a represses intestinal cell proliferation and promotes differentiation of intestinal cell lineages. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20974 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the regulation of differentiation of goblet cells in zebrafish intestine by Notch signaling at least partially mediated through Klf4a. ..
- Ahmed A, Xiong F, Pang S, He M, Waters M, Zhu Z, et al. Activation of GH signaling and GH-independent stimulation of growth in zebrafish by introduction of a constitutively activated GHR construct. Transgenic Res. 2011;20:557-67 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates GH-independent growth by CA-GHR in vivo which bypasses normal IGF-1 feedback control of GH secretion. This provides a novel means of producing growth enhanced transgenic animals based on molecular protein design. ..
- Marshall K, Tomasini A, Makky K, N Kumar S, Mayer A. Dynamic Lkb1-TORC1 signaling as a possible mechanism for regulating the endoderm-intestine transition. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3000-12 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that programmed localization of Lkb1 could represent a novel mechanism for regulating the EIT during intestinal development in vertebrates. ..
- Wu S, Zhang H, Cairns B. Genes for embryo development are packaged in blocks of multivalent chromatin in zebrafish sperm. Genome Res. 2011;21:578-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, gene sets with particular functions in the embryo are packaged by distinctive types of complex and often atypical chromatin in sperm. ..
- Wang J, Panàkovà D, Kikuchi K, Holdway J, Gemberling M, Burris J, et al. The regenerative capacity of zebrafish reverses cardiac failure caused by genetic cardiomyocyte depletion. Development. 2011;138:3421-30 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that genetic depletion of cardiomyocytes, even at levels so extreme as to elicit signs of cardiac failure, can be reversed by natural regenerative capacity in lower vertebrates such as zebrafish. ..
- Bertrand J, Chi N, Santoso B, Teng S, Stainier D, Traver D. Haematopoietic stem cells derive directly from aortic endothelium during development. Nature. 2010;464:108-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, using a permanent lineage tracing strategy, we demonstrate that the HSCs generated from haemogenic endothelium are the lineal founders of the adult haematopoietic system. ..
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, van den Boogaart J, Huising M, Kranenbarg S, Van Leeuwen J. Endurance exercise differentially stimulates heart and axial muscle development in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;291:R1040-8 pubmed..In contrast, the heart muscle shifts to a faster phenotype but does not become more aerobic. This suggests that endurance training differentially affects heart and axial muscle. ..
- Cao Y, Zhao J, Sun Z, Zhao Z, Postlethwait J, Meng A. fgf17b, a novel member of Fgf family, helps patterning zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2004;271:130-43 pubmed..Like fgf8, activation of fgf17b expression depends on Nodal signaling. ..
- Kelly G, Reversade B. Characterization of a cDNA encoding a novel band 4.1-like protein in zebrafish. Biochem Cell Biol. 1997;75:623-32 pubmed..The ability to bind calmodulin would suggest that the function of nbl4 protein may be potentially regulated via a calcium-calmodulin dependent mechanism. ..
- Park J, Henry T, Menn F, Compton R, Sayler G. No bioavailability of 17?-ethinylestradiol when associated with nC60 aggregates during dietary exposure in adult male zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chemosphere. 2010;81:1227-32 pubmed publisher..Results have implications on the effect of nC(60) on the bioavailability of co-contaminants in organisms during dietary exposure. ..
- Lindeman L, Reiner A, Mathavan S, Alestrom P, Collas P. Tiling histone H3 lysine 4 and 27 methylation in zebrafish using high-density microarrays. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15651 pubmed publisher..We have designed and validated for the scientific community a comprehensive high-resolution tiling microarray for investigations of epigenetic states in zebrafish, a widely used developmental and disease model organism. ..
- Williams R, Hall T, Glattauer V, White J, Pasic P, Sorensen A, et al. The in vivo performance of an enzyme-assisted self-assembled peptide/protein hydrogel. Biomaterials. 2011;32:5304-10 pubmed publisher..Using confocal and transmission electron microscopy, we confirm that the biomaterial remains stable structurally, and is confined spatially to the site of injection. ..
- Kaslin J, Nystedt J, Ostergård M, Peitsaro N, Panula P. The orexin/hypocretin system in zebrafish is connected to the aminergic and cholinergic systems. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2678-89 pubmed
- Higashijima S, Okamoto H, Ueno N, Hotta Y, Eguchi G. High-frequency generation of transgenic zebrafish which reliably express GFP in whole muscles or the whole body by using promoters of zebrafish origin. Dev Biol. 1997;192:289-99 pubmed
- Borovina A, Superina S, Voskas D, Ciruna B. Vangl2 directs the posterior tilting and asymmetric localization of motile primary cilia. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:407-12 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate a broad and essential role for PCP in the asymmetric localization and orientation of motile primary cilia, establishing directional fluid flow implicated in normal embryonic development and disease. ..
- Jia S, Wu D, Xing C, Meng A. Smad2/3 activities are required for induction and patterning of the neuroectoderm in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2009;333:273-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, Smad2/3 activities play important roles not only in mesendodermal development but also in neural development during early vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Henry T, McPherson J, Rogers E, Heah T, Hawkins S, Layton A, et al. Changes in the relative expression pattern of multiple vitellogenin genes in adult male and larval zebrafish exposed to exogenous estrogens. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;154:119-26 pubmed publisher..In larval zebrafish, the relative fold change in vtg expression varied according to specific estrogenic substance tested, but the pattern of change (i.e., Vg2A/B > Vg1A/B > VgC) was consistent for each substance that induced vtg. ..
- van der Meulen T, Schipper H, Van Leeuwen J, Kranenbarg S. Effects of decreased muscle activity on developing axial musculature in nicb107 mutant zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Biol. 2005;208:3675-87 pubmed..In addition, skin stiffness is affected. In conclusion, the lack of muscle fibre activity did not prevent the basal muscle components developing but influenced further organisation and differentiation of these components. ..
- Langenau D, Feng H, Berghmans S, Kanki J, Kutok J, Look A. Cre/lox-regulated transgenic zebrafish model with conditional myc-induced T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6068-73 pubmed