Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: acta1b
Description: actin, alpha 1b, skeletal muscle
Alias: actc, actc1, cfk, hm:zeh0631, zeh0631, actin, alpha skeletal muscle, actin, alpha, cardiac muscle 1, cardiofunk
- Ignatius M, Chen E, Elpek N, Fuller A, Tenente I, Clagg R, et al. In vivo imaging of tumor-propagating cells, regional tumor heterogeneity, and dynamic cell movements in embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Cell. 2012;21:680-93 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that non-tumor-propagating cells likely have important supportive roles in cancer progression and facilitate metastasis. ..
- de Vareilles M, Conceição L, Gómez Requeni P, Kousoulaki K, Richard N, Rodrigues P, et al. Dietary lysine imbalance affects muscle proteome in zebrafish (Danio rerio): a comparative 2D-DIGE study. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2012;14:643-54 pubmed publisher..Thus using an exploratory approach, this study pinpoints interesting candidates for further elucidating the role of dietary Lys on growth of juvenile fish. ..
- Yin X, Wang H, Zhang Y, Dahlgren R, Zhang H, Shi M, et al. Toxicological assessment of trace ?-diketone antibiotic mixtures on zebrafish (Danio rerio) by proteomic analysis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e102731 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that trace-level DKA exposure affects a variety of cellular and biological processes in zebrafish. ..
- Verma A, Parnaik V. Heart-specific expression of laminopathic mutations in transgenic zebrafish. Cell Biol Int. 2017;41:809-819 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that transgenic zebrafish models of heart-specific laminopathies show cardiac regeneration and moderate deviations in heart rate during embryonic development. ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Carvajal J, Rigby P, Hughes S. Mrf4 (myf6) is dynamically expressed in differentiated zebrafish skeletal muscle. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:738-45 pubmed..Moreover, mrf4 expression is not detected in head muscles, at least at early stages. As fish mature, mrf4 expression is pronounced in the region of slow muscle fibres. ..
- Hinits Y, Williams V, Sweetman D, Donn T, Ma T, Moens C, et al. Defective cranial skeletal development, larval lethality and haploinsufficiency in Myod mutant zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;358:102-12 pubmed publisher..As myod expression is restricted to myogenic cells, the data show that myogenesis is essential for proper skeletogenesis in the head. ..
- Noël E, Verhoeven M, Lagendijk A, Tessadori F, Smith K, Choorapoikayil S, et al. A Nodal-independent and tissue-intrinsic mechanism controls heart-looping chirality. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2754 pubmed publisher..We find that Nodal signalling regulates actin gene expression, supporting a model in which Nodal signalling amplifies this tissue-intrinsic mechanism of heart looping. ..
- Mallappa C, Nasipak B, Etheridge L, Androphy E, Jones S, SAGERSTROM C, et al. Myogenic microRNA expression requires ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling enzyme function. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3176-86 pubmed publisher..The results implicate ATP-dependent chromatin remodelers in myogenic microRNA gene regulation. ..
- Sztal T, Zhao M, Williams C, Oorschot V, Parslow A, Giousoh A, et al. Zebrafish models for nemaline myopathy reveal a spectrum of nemaline bodies contributing to reduced muscle function. Acta Neuropathol. 2015;130:389-406 pubmed publisher..Together these data provide a novel examination of nemaline body origins and dynamics in vivo and identifies pathological changes that correlate with muscle weakness. ..
- Zhang B, Shimada Y, Hirota T, Ariyoshi M, Kuroyanagi J, Nishimura Y, et al. Novel immunologic tolerance of human cancer cell xenotransplants in zebrafish. Transl Res. 2016;170:89-98.e3 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this xenograft method has potential as a platform for zebrafish-based anticancer drug discovery because it can closely mimic human clinical cancers without inducing immune suppression. ..