Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ackr3b
Description: atypical chemokine receptor 3b
Alias: cxcr7b, sb:cb900, si:dkey-96h14.2, atypical chemokine receptor 3b, CXCR7, chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 7b, chemokine orphan receptor 1, drRDC1b
- Breau M, Wilson D, Wilkinson D, Xu Q. Chemokine and Fgf signalling act as opposing guidance cues in formation of the lateral line primordium. Development. 2012;139:2246-53 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel chemotactic role for Fgf signalling in which it enables the coalescence of the lateral line primordium from an initial fuzzy pattern into a compact group of migrating cells. ..
- Chen X, Lou Q, He J, Yin Z. Role of zebrafish lbx2 in embryonic lateral line development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29515 pubmed publisher..In addition, the disassociation of PPL nerve extension with PLL primordial migration in some lbx2 morphants suggests that pathfinding of the PLL primordium and the lateral line nerve may be regulated independently. ..
- Nechiporuk A, Raible D. FGF-dependent mechanosensory organ patterning in zebrafish. Science. 2008;320:1774-7 pubmed publisher..This previously unrecognized mechanism may be applicable to understanding segmentation and morphogenesis in other organ systems. ..
- Matsuda M, Chitnis A. Atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the posterior lateral line primordium in zebrafish. Development. 2010;137:3477-87 pubmed publisher..Together, our observations reveal a genetic regulatory network that explains why atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the pLLp. ..
- Gamba L, Cubedo N, Lutfalla G, Ghysen A, Dambly Chaudiere C. Lef1 controls patterning and proliferation in the posterior lateral line system of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3163-71 pubmed publisher..We show that, although its inactivation has no overt effect on the expression of cxcr4b and cxcr7b, lef1 contributes to their control...
- Miyasaka N, Knaut H, Yoshihara Y. Cxcl12/Cxcr4 chemokine signaling is required for placode assembly and sensory axon pathfinding in the zebrafish olfactory system. Development. 2007;134:2459-68 pubmed..These data indicate that chemokine signaling contributes to both the olfactory placode assembly and the OSN axon pathfinding in zebrafish. ..
- Cubedo N, Cerdan E, Sapede D, Rossel M. CXCR4 and CXCR7 cooperate during tangential migration of facial motoneurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;40:474-84 pubmed..Here we explore the expression and function of the cxcr7b gene in zebrafish hindbrain development...
- Miao Z, Luker K, Summers B, Berahovich R, Bhojani M, Rehemtulla A, et al. CXCR7 (RDC1) promotes breast and lung tumor growth in vivo and is expressed on tumor-associated vasculature. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15735-40 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate that CXCR7 (RDC1, CCX-CKR2), recently deorphanized as a chemokine receptor that binds chemokines CXCL11 and CXCL12, can ..
- Bouzaffour M, Dufourcq P, Lecaudey V, Haas P, Vriz S. Fgf and Sdf-1 pathways interact during zebrafish fin regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5824 pubmed publisher..that during epimorphic regeneration, expression of sdf1, as well as of its cognate receptors, cxcr4a, cxcr4b and cxcr7 are controlled by FGF signalling. We further show that, Sdf1a negatively regulates the expression of fgf20a...
- Venero Galanternik M, Lush M, Piotrowski T. Glypican4 modulates lateral line collective cell migration non cell-autonomously. Dev Biol. 2016;419:321-335 pubmed publisher..Our results show that glypican4 has distinct functions in primordium cells and cells in the environment and that both of these functions are essential for collective cell migration. ..
- DeVries M, Kelvin A, Xu L, Ran L, Robinson J, Kelvin D. Defining the origins and evolution of the chemokine/chemokine receptor system. J Immunol. 2006;176:401-15 pubmed
- Dalle Nogare D, Somers K, Rao S, Matsuda M, Reichman Fried M, Raz E, et al. Leading and trailing cells cooperate in collective migration of the zebrafish posterior lateral line primordium. Development. 2014;141:3188-96 pubmed publisher..primordium (PLLp) along a path defined by Cxcl12a expression depends on Cxcr4b receptors in leading cells and on Cxcr7b in trailing cells...
- Mahabaleshwar H, Tarbashevich K, Nowak M, Brand M, Raz E. ?-arrestin control of late endosomal sorting facilitates decoy receptor function and chemokine gradient formation. Development. 2012;139:2897-902 pubmed publisherA crucial regulator of Cxcl12 is the decoy receptor Cxcr7, which controls the level of the chemokine in the tissue. The molecular mechanisms that enable Cxcr7 to function as an efficient molecular sink are not known...
- Allena R, Maini P. Reaction-diffusion finite element model of lateral line primordium migration to explore cell leadership. Bull Math Biol. 2014;76:3028-50 pubmed publisher..The Wnt/ÃŸ-catenin-FGF and cxcr4b-cxcr7b signalling pathways inside the cohort regulating the migration are described through coupled reaction-diffusion ..
- Angers A, Drapeau P. Itch is required for lateral line development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111799 pubmed publisher..involve interactions between Fgf and Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling and the establishment of specific cxcr4b and cxcr7b cytokine receptor expression domains...
- McGraw H, Culbertson M, Nechiporuk A. Kremen1 restricts Dkk activity during posterior lateral line development in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3212-21 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a novel mechanism in which Kremen1 modulates Wnt activity by restricting the range of secreted Dkk proteins during collective cell migration in the pLLP. ..
- Moissoglu K, Majumdar R, Parent C. Cell migration: sinking in a gradient. Curr Biol. 2014;24:R23-R25 pubmed publisherHow chemoattractant gradients form and persist in complex tissues is a key question in cell migration. Two studies now show that CXCR7 acts as a sink in the migrating zebrafish lateral line primordium to generate SDF1 gradients.
- Boldajipour B, Doitsidou M, Tarbashevich K, Laguri C, Yu S, Ries J, et al. Cxcl12 evolution--subfunctionalization of a ligand through altered interaction with the chemokine receptor. Development. 2011;138:2909-14 pubmed publisher..Such specialization increases the complexity and flexibility of chemokine signaling in controlling concurrent developmental processes. ..
- Breau M, Wilkinson D, Xu Q. A Hox gene controls lateral line cell migration by regulating chemokine receptor expression downstream of Wnt signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16892-7 pubmed publisher..The directed migration of the cell cluster along the path of Sdf1a chemokine requires two receptors, Cxcr4b and Cxcr7b, which are expressed in the leading and trailing part of the primordium, respectively...
- He Y, Lu X, Qian F, Liu D, Chai R, Li H. Insm1a Is Required for Zebrafish Posterior Lateral Line Development. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:241 pubmed publisher..i>Insm1a knockdown also perturbed the expression patterns of chemokine signaling genes. Taken together, this study reveals a pivotal role for Insm1a in regulating pLL development during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Donà E, Barry J, Valentin G, Quirin C, Khmelinskii A, Kunze A, et al. Directional tissue migration through a self-generated chemokine gradient. Nature. 2013;503:285-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, by engineering an external source of the atypical receptor Cxcr7 that moves with the primordium, we show that a self-generated gradient mechanism is sufficient to direct robust ..
- Lewellis S, Nagelberg D, Subedi A, Staton A, LeBlanc M, GIRALDEZ A, et al. Precise SDF1-mediated cell guidance is achieved through ligand clearance and microRNA-mediated decay. J Cell Biol. 2013;200:337-55 pubmed publisher..We show that miR-430 and Cxcr7b regulation of SDF1a are required for precise guidance...
- Roberson S, Halpern M. Convergence of signaling pathways underlying habenular formation and axonal outgrowth in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:2652-2662 pubmed publisher..The results define a signaling network underlying the generation of dHb neurons and connectivity with their midbrain target. ..
- He Y, Wu J, Mei H, Yu H, Sun S, Shou J, et al. Histone deacetylase activity is required for embryonic posterior lateral line development. Cell Prolif. 2014;47:91-104 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that HDAC activity is necessary for control of cell proliferation and migration of PLL primordium and hair cell differentiation during early stages of PLL development in zebrafish. ..
- Han H, Chou C, Chu C, Cheng C, Yang C, Hung C, et al. The Nogo-C2/Nogo receptor complex regulates the morphogenesis of zebrafish lateral line primordium through modulating the expression of dkk1b, a Wnt signal inhibitor. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86345 pubmed publisher..We thus suggest that a novel Nogo-C2 complex, consisting of Nogo-C2, NgRH1a, p75, and TROY, regulates Fgf signaling and dkk1b expression, thereby ensuring stable organization of the PLL primordium. ..
- Xing C, Gong B, Xue Y, Han Y, Wang Y, Meng A, et al. TGFÎ²1a regulates zebrafish posterior lateral line formation via Smad5 mediated pathway. J Mol Cell Biol. 2015;7:48-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TGFÎ²/Smad5 signaling plays an important role in the zebrafish lateral line formation. ..
- Sang Q, Zhang J, Feng R, Wang X, Li Q, Zhao X, et al. Ildr1b is essential for semicircular canal development, migration of the posterior lateral line primordium and hearing ability in zebrafish: implications for a role in the recessive hearing impairment DFNB42. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:6201-11 pubmed publisher..the involvement of attenuated FGF signaling and the chemokine receptor 4b (cxcr4b) and chemokine receptor 7b (cxcr7b) in posterior lateral line primordium of ildr1b-morphant zebrafish...
- Ariza Cosano A, Bensimon Brito A, Gomez Skarmeta J, Bessa J. sox21a directs lateral line patterning by modulating FGF signaling. Dev Neurobiol. 2015;75:80-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that sox21a is a key player in the pLL primordium patterning, fine-tuning the border of the Fgf and Wnt signaling domains. ..
- He Y, Wang Z, Sun S, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, et al. HDAC3 Is Required for Posterior Lateral Line Development in Zebrafish. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5103-17 pubmed publisher..In addition, inhibition of HDAC3 function diminishes cxcr7b and alters cxcl12a expression in the migrating primordium...
- OLESNICKY KILLIAN E, BIRKHOLZ D, Artinger K. A role for chemokine signaling in neural crest cell migration and craniofacial development. Dev Biol. 2009;333:161-72 pubmed publisher..We find that loss of Cxcr4a, but not Cxcr7b, results in aberrant CNCC migration defects in the neurocranium, as well as cranial ganglia dysmorphogenesis...
- Venkiteswaran G, Lewellis S, Wang J, Reynolds E, Nicholson C, Knaut H. Generation and dynamics of an endogenous, self-generated signaling gradient across a migrating tissue. Cell. 2013;155:674-87 pubmed publisher..The rear of the primordium generates this gradient through continuous sequestration of Sdf1 protein by the alternate Sdf1-receptor Cxcr7. Modeling shows that this is a physically plausible scenario.
- Venero Galanternik M, Kramer K, Piotrowski T. Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans Regulate Fgf Signaling and Cell Polarity during Collective Cell Migration. Cell Rep. 2015;: pubmed publisher..Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling is activated ectopically, resulting in the subsequent loss of the chemokine receptor cxcr7b. Disruption of HS proteoglycan (HSPG) function induces extensive, random filopodia formation, demonstrating that ..