Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: YFVgp1
Description: polyprotein precursor
Species: Yellow fever virus
- Amberg S, Rice C. Mutagenesis of the NS2B-NS3-mediated cleavage site in the flavivirus capsid protein demonstrates a requirement for coordinated processing. J Virol. 1999;73:8083-94 pubmed..A block in the viral protease-mediated cleavage inhibits the production of prM by the signal peptidase, inhibits particle release, and eliminates plaque formation...
- Amberg S, Nestorowicz A, McCourt D, Rice C. NS2B-3 proteinase-mediated processing in the yellow fever virus structural region: in vitro and in vivo studies. J Virol. 1994;68:3794-802 pubmed..This suggests that signalase-mediated cleavage in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum may be dependent on prior cleavage at the anchC dibasic site. Possible pathways for processing in the C-prM region are outlined and discussed...
- Avirutnan P, Fuchs A, Hauhart R, Somnuke P, Youn S, Diamond M, et al. Antagonism of the complement component C4 by flavivirus nonstructural protein NS1. J Exp Med. 2010;207:793-806 pubmed publisher..Through this mechanism, NS1 protects DENV from complement-dependent neutralization in solution. These studies define a novel immune evasion mechanism for restricting complement control of microbial infection...
- Warrener P, Tamura J, Collett M. RNA-stimulated NTPase activity associated with yellow fever virus NS3 protein expressed in bacteria. J Virol. 1993;67:989-96 pubmed..These results are discussed in view of similar activities identified for proteins of other positive-strand RNA viruses...
- Chambers T, Droll D, Tang Y, Liang Y, Ganesh V, Murthy K, et al. Yellow fever virus NS2B-NS3 protease: characterization of charged-to-alanine mutant and revertant viruses and analysis of polyprotein-cleavage activities. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:1403-13 pubmed publisher..The existence of reversion mutations primarily in NS2B rather than NS3, suggests that the protease domain is less tolerant of structural perturbation compared with the NS2B protein...
- Droll D, Krishna Murthy H, Chambers T. Yellow fever virus NS2B-NS3 protease: charged-to-alanine mutagenesis and deletion analysis define regions important for protease complex formation and function. Virology. 2000;275:335-47 pubmed publisher..A role for the putative transmembrane regions of NS2B in targeting of NS3 to intracellular membranes is also suggested...
- Laurent Rolle M, Morrison J, Rajsbaum R, Macleod J, Pisanelli G, Pham A, et al. The interferon signaling antagonist function of yellow fever virus NS5 protein is activated by type I interferon. Cell Host Microbe. 2014;16:314-327 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the importance of YFV NS5 in overcoming the antiviral action of IFN-I and offer a unique example of a viral protein that is activated by the same host pathway that it inhibits. ..
- Rice C, Lenches E, Eddy S, Shin S, Sheets R, Strauss J. Nucleotide sequence of yellow fever virus: implications for flavivirus gene expression and evolution. Science. 1985;229:726-33 pubmed
- Ciczora Y, Callens N, Séron K, Rouille Y, Dubuisson J. Identification of a dominant endoplasmic reticulum-retention signal in yellow fever virus pre-membrane protein. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:404-14 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that a combination of several signals of different strengths contributes to the ER retention of the YFV envelope protein heterodimer. ..