Gene Symbol: VMA21
- Assembly of the yeast vacuolar H+-ATPase occurs in the endoplasmic reticulum and requires a Vma12p/Vma22p assembly complexL A Graham
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403, USA
J Cell Biol 142:39-49. 1998Three previously identified genes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, VMA12, VMA21, and VMA22, encode proteins localized to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)...
- Role of Vma21p in assembly and transport of the yeast vacuolar ATPasePer Malkus
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:5075-91. 2004....
- Vma9p (subunit e) is an integral membrane V0 subunit of the yeast V-ATPaseMark A Compton
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403 1229, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15312-9. 2006..These results demonstrate that Vma9p is an integral membrane subunit of the yeast V-ATPase V0 subcomplex and suggest a model for the arrangement of polypeptides within the V0 subcomplex...
- PKR1 encodes an assembly factor for the yeast V-type ATPaseSandra R Davis-Kaplan
Division of Immunology and Cell Biology, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2501, USA
J Biol Chem 281:32025-35. 2006..Our data indicate that Pkr1p functions together with the other V-ATPase assembly factors in the ER to efficiently assemble the V-ATPase membrane sector...
- Genetic and molecular interactions of the Erv41p-Erv46p complex involved in transport between the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi complexLeah M Welsh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
J Cell Sci 119:4730-40. 2006..We identified synthetic interactions with vma12, vma21, vma22 and vps1 deletion mutations...
- Voa1p functions in V-ATPase assembly in the yeast endoplasmic reticulumMargret Ryan
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:5131-42. 2008..Our results suggest Voa1p functions with Vma21p early in V(0) assembly in the ER, but then it dissociates before exit of the V(0)-Vma21p complex from the ER for transport to the Golgi compartment...