transferrin binding protein A
Gene Symbol: transferrin binding protein A
Alias: transferrin-binding protein A
- Gonococcal transferrin-binding protein 1 is required for transferrin utilization and is homologous to TonB-dependent outer membrane receptorsC N Cornelissen
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599
J Bacteriol 174:5788-97. 1992..Thus, both the function and the predicted protein sequence of TBP1 were consistent with this protein serving as a transferrin receptor...
- Cloning and characterization of Neisseria meningitidis genes encoding the transferrin-binding proteins Tbp1 and Tbp2M Legrain
Transgene, Strasbourg, France
Gene 130:73-80. 1993..These comparisons should be extended to other Neisseria strains in order to evaluate further this genetic divergence further...
- Antigenic and sequence diversity in gonococcal transferrin-binding protein AC N Cornelissen
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Infect Immun 68:4725-35. 2000..In addition, we evaluated a panel of gonococcal strains for antigenic diversity using these antipeptide sera...
- Recombinant Neisseria meningitidis transferrin binding protein A protects against experimental meningococcal infectionD West
Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research, Salisbury SP4 0JG, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 69:1561-7. 2001..This protection appears not to be due to complement-mediated lysis and indicates that serum bactericidal activity may not always be the most appropriate predictor of efficacy for protein-based meningococcal vaccines...
- Kinetic analysis of ligand interaction with the gonococcal transferrin-iron acquisition systemAmanda J DeRocco
Department of Microbiology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, PO Box 980678, Richmond, VA 23298 0678, USA
Biometals 22:439-51. 2009....