Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZWILLE
Description: Stabilizer of iron transporter SufD / Polynucleotidyl transferase
Alias: ARGONAUTE 10, ARGONAUTE PROTEIN 10, MQD19.17, MQD19_17, PINHEAD, PNH, ZLL, ZWILLE, Stabilizer of iron transporter SufD / Polynucleotidyl transferase
Species: thale cress
- Garcia Ruiz H, Carbonell A, Hoyer J, Fahlgren N, Gilbert K, Takeda A, et al. Roles and programming of Arabidopsis ARGONAUTE proteins during Turnip mosaic virus infection. PLoS Pathog. 2015;11:e1004755 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that distinct AGO proteins function as antiviral modules, and provide a molecular explanation for the silencing suppressor activity of HC-Pro. ..
- Brosseau C, Moffett P. Functional and Genetic Analysis Identify a Role for Arabidopsis ARGONAUTE5 in Antiviral RNA Silencing. Plant Cell. 2015;27:1742-54 pubmed publisher..In agreement with functional assays, we show that Potexvirus infection induces AGO5 expression and that both AGO2 and AGO5 are required for full restriction of PVX infection in systemic tissues of Arabidopsis. ..
- Ding L, Yan S, Jiang L, Zhao W, Ning K, Zhao J, et al. HANABA TARANU (HAN) Bridges Meristem and Organ Primordia Boundaries through PINHEAD, JAGGED, BLADE-ON-PETIOLE2 and CYTOKININ OXIDASE 3 during Flower Development in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005479 pubmed publisher..interactions between the boundary gene HANABA TARANU (HAN) and two meristem regulators BREVIPEDICELLUS (BP) and PINHEAD (PNH), and three primordia-specific genes PETAL LOSS (PTL), JAGGED (JAG) and BLADE-ON-PETIOLE (BOP) during flower ..
- Zhou Y, Honda M, Zhu H, Zhang Z, Guo X, Li T, et al. Spatiotemporal sequestration of miR165/166 by Arabidopsis Argonaute10 promotes shoot apical meristem maintenance. Cell Rep. 2015;10:1819-27 pubmed..Thus, this study provides insight into how the spatiotemporal regulation of AGO10-miR165/166 activity affects SAM development. ..
- Ma W, Wu F, Sheng P, Wang X, Zhang Z, Zhou K, et al. The LBD12-1 Transcription Factor Suppresses Apical Meristem Size by Repressing Argonaute 10 Expression. Plant Physiol. 2017;173:801-811 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insights into the regulatory mechanism of AGO10 by which SAM size is controlled under stress conditions. ..
- Zhang Z, Hu F, Sung M, Shu C, Castillo GonzÃ¡lez C, Koiwa H, et al. RISC-interacting clearing 3'- 5' exoribonucleases (RICEs) degrade uridylated cleavage fragments to maintain functional RISC in Arabidopsis thaliana. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We conclude that RICEs act to degrade uridylated 5' products of AGO cleavage to maintain functional RISC. Our study also suggests a possible link between decay of cleaved target mRNAs and miRNA stability in RISC. ..
- Nishimura A, Ito M, Kamiya N, Sato Y, Matsuoka M. OsPNH1 regulates leaf development and maintenance of the shoot apical meristem in rice. Plant J. 2002;30:189-201 pubmedThe Arabidopsis PINHEAD/ZWILLE (PNH/ZLL) gene is thought to play an important role in the formation of the shoot apical meristem (SAM) and in leaf adaxial cell specification...