Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WRKY53
Description: WRKY family transcription factor
Alias: ATWRKY53, T32A16.2, WRKY family transcription factor
Species: thale cress
- Miao Y, Jiang J, Ren Y, Zhao Z. The single-stranded DNA-binding protein WHIRLY1 represses WRKY53 expression and delays leaf senescence in a developmental stage-dependent manner in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:746-56 pubmed publisher..evidence for the single-stranded DNA-binding protein WHIRLY1 (WHY1) that functions as an upstream suppressor of WRKY53 in a developmental stage-dependent manner during leaf senescence in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- Aoyama S, Huarancca Reyes T, Guglielminetti L, Lu Y, Morita Y, Sato T, et al. Ubiquitin ligase ATL31 functions in leaf senescence in response to the balance between atmospheric CO2 and nitrogen availability in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2014;55:293-305 pubmed publisher..up-regulated under N deficiency and in senescent leaves, and ATL31 expression was highly correlated with WRKY53 expression, a key regulator of senescence...
- Sun Y, Yu D. Activated expression of AtWRKY53 negatively regulates drought tolerance by mediating stomatal movement. Plant Cell Rep. 2015;34:1295-306 pubmed publisherb>AtWRKY53 is an early factor in drought response and activated expression of AtWRKY53 regulates stomatal movement via reduction of H 2 O 2 content and promotion of starch metabolism in guard cells...
- Hu Y, Dong Q, Yu D. Arabidopsis WRKY46 coordinates with WRKY70 and WRKY53 in basal resistance against pathogen Pseudomonas syringae. Plant Sci. 2012;185-186:288-97 pubmed publisher..possible roles in plant defense and elucidate potential functional redundancy with structurally related WRKY70 and WRKY53, we examined loss-of-function T-DNA insertion single, double and triple mutants, as well as gain-of-function ..
- Hsu F, Chou M, Chou S, Li Y, Peng H, Shih M. Submergence confers immunity mediated by the WRKY22 transcription factor in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2699-713 pubmed publisher..resistance and lower induction of innate immunity markers, such as FLG22-INDUCED RECEPTOR-LIKE KINASE1 (FRK1) and WRKY53, after submergence...
- Xie Y, Huhn K, Brandt R, Potschin M, Bieker S, Straub D, et al. REVOLUTA and WRKY53 connect early and late leaf development in Arabidopsis. Development. 2014;141:4772-83 pubmed publisher..that REV acts as a redox-sensitive transcription factor, and directly and positively regulates the expression of WRKY53, a master regulator of age-induced leaf senescence...