Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UVH6
Description: RAD3-like DNA-binding helicase protein
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA XERODERMA PIGMENTOSUM GROUP D, ATXPD, ULTRAVIOLET HYPERSENSITIVE 6, RAD3-like DNA-binding helicase protein
Species: thale cress
- Larkindale J, Hall J, Knight M, Vierling E. Heat stress phenotypes of Arabidopsis mutants implicate multiple signaling pathways in the acquisition of thermotolerance. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:882-97 pubmed..g. fatty acid desaturase mutants, uvh6)...
- Jenkins M, Suzuki T, Mount D. Evidence that heat and ultraviolet radiation activate a common stress-response program in plants that is altered in the uvh6 mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol. 1997;115:1351-8 pubmedThe uvh6 mutant of Arabidopsis was previously isolated in a screen for increased sensitivity to ultraviolet (UV) radiation. uvh6 mutant plants were killed by incubation at 37 degrees C for 4 d, a treatment not lethal to wild-type plants...
- Liu Z, Hong S, Escobar M, Vierling E, Mitchell D, Mount D, et al. Arabidopsis UVH6, a homolog of human XPD and yeast RAD3 DNA repair genes, functions in DNA repair and is essential for plant growth. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:1405-14 pubmed..We have mapped the uvh6-1 locus to chromosome I and have identified a candidate gene, AtXPD, within the corresponding region...
- Ly V, Hatherell A, Kim E, Chan A, Belmonte M, Schroeder D. Interactions between Arabidopsis DNA repair genes UVH6, DDB1A, and DDB2 during abiotic stress tolerance and floral development. Plant Sci. 2013;213:88-97 pubmed publisher..Damaged DNA binding protein 1A (DDB1A), DDB2, and UV hypersensitive 6 (UVH6)/XPD are all involved in the repair of UV-damaged DNA - DDB1A and DDB2 in the initial damage recognition stage, ..
- Bilichak A, Yao Y, Titov V, Golubov A, Kovalchuk I. Genome stability in the uvh6 mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Rep. 2014;33:979-91 pubmed publisherPlant XPD homolog UVH6 is the protein involved in the repair of strand breaks, and the excision repair and uvh6 mutant is not impaired in transgenerational increase in HRF...
- Vonarx E, Tabone E, Osmond M, Anderson H, Kunz B. Arabidopsis homologue of human transcription factor IIH/nucleotide excision repair factor p44 can function in transcription and DNA repair and interacts with AtXPD. Plant J. 2006;46:512-21 pubmed..Here we address the capabilities of Arabidopsis thaliana AtGTF2H2 and AtXPD, homologues of the essential interacting human/yeast TFIIH components p44/Ssl1 and XPD/Rad3, respectively...
- Kim E, Ly V, Hatherell A, Schroeder D. Genetic interactions between Arabidopsis DET1 and UVH6 during development and abiotic stress response. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:913-20 pubmed publisher..UV-HYPERSENSITIVE 6 (UVH6) mutants are UV and heat sensitive, as well as dwarf and pale, like det1...