Genomes and Genes
UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS
Gene Symbol: UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS
Description: F-box family protein
Alias: F17F8.16, UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS, F-box family protein
Species: thale cress
- Chae E, Tan Q, Hill T, Irish V. An Arabidopsis F-box protein acts as a transcriptional co-factor to regulate floral development. Development. 2008;135:1235-45 pubmed publisher..LFY-dependent activation of the homeotic APETALA3 (AP3) gene requires the activity of UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS (UFO), an F-box component of an SCF ubiquitin ligase, yet how this regulation is effected has remained ..
- Gagne J, Downes B, Shiu S, Durski A, Vierstra R. The F-box subunit of the SCF E3 complex is encoded by a diverse superfamily of genes in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11519-24 pubmed..Collectively, the data shows that Arabidopsis has exploited the SCF complex and the ubiquitin/26S proteasome pathway as a major route for cellular regulation and that a diverse array of SCF targets is likely present in plants. ..
- Díaz Camino C, Risseeuw E, Liu E, Crosby W. A high-throughput system for two-hybrid screening based on growth curve analysis in microtiter plates. Anal Biochem. 2003;316:171-4 pubmed
- Wang X, Feng S, Nakayama N, Crosby W, Irish V, Deng X, et al. The COP9 signalosome interacts with SCF UFO and participates in Arabidopsis flower development. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1071-82 pubmed..We show that UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS (UFO) forms a SCF(UFO) complex, which is associated with CSN in vivo...
- Hepworth S, Klenz J, Haughn G. UFO in the Arabidopsis inflorescence apex is required for floral-meristem identity and bract suppression. Planta. 2006;223:769-78 pubmedThe UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS (UFO) gene of Arabidopsis encodes an F-box protein required for the determination of floral-organ and floral-meristem identity...
- Samach A, Klenz J, Kohalmi S, Risseeuw E, Haughn G, Crosby W. The UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is an F-box protein required for normal patterning and growth in the floral meristem. Plant J. 1999;20:433-45 pubmedGenetic and molecular studies have suggested that the UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS (UFO) gene, from Arabidopsis thaliana, is expressed in all shoot apical meristems, and is involved in the regulation of a complex set of developmental events ..
- Durfee T, Roe J, Sessions R, Inouye C, Serikawa K, Feldmann K, et al. The F-box-containing protein UFO and AGAMOUS participate in antagonistic pathways governing early petal development in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:8571-6 pubmedThe UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS (UFO) gene is required for multiple processes in the developing Arabidopsis flower, including the proper patterning and identity of both petals and stamens...
- Kim O, Jung J, Park C. An Arabidopsis F-box protein regulates tapetum degeneration and pollen maturation during anther development. Planta. 2010;232:353-66 pubmed publisher..It physically interacts with the Arabidopsis-Skp1-like1 protein via the F-box motif. These observations indicate that the RMF gene encodes an F-box protein functioning in tapetum degeneration during anther development. ..
- Ni W, Xie D, Hobbie L, Feng B, Zhao D, Akkara J, et al. Regulation of flower development in Arabidopsis by SCF complexes. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1574-85 pubmed..In Arabidopsis, mutations in the F-box gene UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS (UFO) result in a number of defects in flower development...
- Gingerich D, Gagne J, Salter D, Hellmann H, Estelle M, Ma L, et al. Cullins 3a and 3b assemble with members of the broad complex/tramtrack/bric-a-brac (BTB) protein family to form essential ubiquitin-protein ligases (E3s) in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18810-21 pubmed..Arabidopsis defective in both CUL3a and CUL3b are embryo-lethal, indicating that BTB E3s are essential for plant development. ..
- Risseeuw E, Venglat P, Xiang D, Komendant K, Daskalchuk T, Babic V, et al. An activated form of UFO alters leaf development and produces ectopic floral and inflorescence meristems. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83807 pubmed publisher..b>UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS (UFO) is a co-activator of LEAFY and is required for proper activation of APETALA3 in the floral meristem ..