Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBQ3
Description: polyubiquitin 3
Alias: F15A17.270, F15A17_270, POLYUBIQUITIN 3 PROTEIN, polyubiquitin 3, polyubiquitin 3
Species: thale cress
- Shen H, Zhu L, Castillon A, Majee M, Downie B, Huq E. Light-induced phosphorylation and degradation of the negative regulator PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR1 from Arabidopsis depend upon its direct physical interactions with photoactivated phytochromes. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1586-602 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that removal of the negative regulators (e.g., PIFs) by light-induced proteolytic degradation might be sufficient to promote photomorphogenesis. ..
- Cho S, Bae H, Ryu M, Wook Yang S, Kim W. PUB22 and PUB23 U-BOX E3 ligases directly ubiquitinate RPN6, a 26S proteasome lid subunit, for subsequent degradation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:994-999 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results solidify a notion that PUB22 and PUB23 can alter the activity of 26S proteasome in response to drought stress. ..
- Franciosini A, Lombardi B, Iafrate S, Pecce V, Mele G, Lupacchini L, et al. The Arabidopsis COP9 SIGNALOSOME INTERACTING F-BOX KELCH 1 protein forms an SCF ubiquitin ligase and regulates hypocotyl elongation. Mol Plant. 2013;6:1616-29 pubmed publisher..We propose that CFK1 (and its regulation by CSN) is a novel component of the cellular mechanisms controlling hypocotyl elongation. ..
- Kalinowska K, Nagel M, Goodman K, Cuyas L, Anzenberger F, Alkofer A, et al. Arabidopsis ALIX is required for the endosomal localization of the deubiquitinating enzyme AMSH3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E5543-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that ALIX could function as an important regulator for AMSH3 function at the late endosomes. ..
- Sims J, Haririnia A, Dickinson B, Fushman D, Cohen R. Avid interactions underlie the Lys63-linked polyubiquitin binding specificities observed for UBA domains. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:883-9 pubmed publisher..We reexamine previous conclusions based on GST-UBAs and present an alternative model for how UBAs achieve a diverse range of linkage specificities. ..
- Spoel S, Mou Z, Tada Y, Spivey N, Genschik P, Dong X. Proteasome-mediated turnover of the transcription coactivator NPR1 plays dual roles in regulating plant immunity. Cell. 2009;137:860-72 pubmed publisher..These in vivo data demonstrate dual roles for coactivator turnover in both preventing and stimulating gene transcription to regulate plant immunity. ..
- Korbei B, Moulinier Anzola J, De Araujo L, Lucyshyn D, Retzer K, Khan M, et al. Arabidopsis TOL proteins act as gatekeepers for vacuolar sorting of PIN2 plasma membrane protein. Curr Biol. 2013;23:2500-5 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings lead us to suggest a function for TOLs early in the passage of endocytosed ubiquitinated PM cargo, acting as gatekeepers for degradative protein sorting to the vacuole. ..
- Zhang L, Du L, Shen C, Yang Y, Poovaiah B. Regulation of plant immunity through ubiquitin-mediated modulation of Ca(2+) -calmodulin-AtSR1/CAMTA3 signaling. Plant J. 2014;78:269-81 pubmed publisher..Hence, SR1IP1 positively regulates plant immunity by removing the defense suppressor AtSR1. These findings provide a mechanistic insight into how Ca(2+) -mediated actions are coordinated to achieve effective plant immunity. ..
- Irigoyen M, Iniesto E, Rodriguez L, Puga M, Yanagawa Y, Pick E, et al. Targeted degradation of abscisic acid receptors is mediated by the ubiquitin ligase substrate adaptor DDA1 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:712-28 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data establish a function for DDA1 as a substrate receptor for CRL4-CDD complexes and uncover a mechanism for the desensitization of ABA signaling based on the regulation of ABA receptor stability...
- Serrano I, Gu Y, Qi D, Dubiella U, Innes R. The Arabidopsis EDR1 protein kinase negatively regulates the ATL1 E3 ubiquitin ligase to suppress cell death. Plant Cell. 2014;26:4532-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that ATL1 is a positive regulator of programmed cell death and EDR1 negatively regulates ATL1 activity at the TGN/EE and thus controls stress responses initiated by ATL1-mediated ubiquitination events. ..
- Strzalka W, Bartnicki F, Pels K, Jakubowska A, Tsurimoto T, Tanaka K. RAD5a ubiquitin ligase is involved in ubiquitination of Arabidopsis thaliana proliferating cell nuclear antigen. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:859-69 pubmed publisher..The data show the complexity of the plant ubiquitination system and open new questions about its regulation in the plant cell. ..
- Guerra D, Pratelli R, Kraft E, Callis J, Pilot G. Functional conservation between mammalian MGRN1 and plant LOG2 ubiquitin ligases. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3400-5 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest a conserved function for the N-terminal domain in evolution. ..
- Shin L, Lo J, Chen G, Callis J, Fu H, Yeh K. IRT1 degradation factor1, a ring E3 ubiquitin ligase, regulates the degradation of iron-regulated transporter1 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:3039-51 pubmed publisher..The idf1 mutants showed increased tolerance to Fe deficiency, resulting from increased IRT1 levels. This evidence indicates that IDF1 directly regulates IRT1 degradation through its RING-type E3 ligase activity...
- Katsiarimpa A, Kalinowska K, Anzenberger F, Weis C, Ostertag M, Tsutsumi C, et al. The deubiquitinating enzyme AMSH1 and the ESCRT-III subunit VPS2.1 are required for autophagic degradation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2236-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that AMSH1 and the ESCRT-III-subunit VPS2.1 are important for autophagic degradation and autophagy-mediated physiological processes. ..
- Peng Y, Chen L, Lu Y, Wu Y, Dumenil J, Zhu Z, et al. The ubiquitin receptors DA1, DAR1, and DAR2 redundantly regulate endoreduplication by modulating the stability of TCP14/15 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2015;27:649-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings define an important genetic and molecular mechanism involving the ubiquitin receptors DA1, DAR1, and DAR2 and the transcription factors TCP14 and TCP15 that links endoreduplication with cell and organ growth. ..
- Aguilar HernÃ¡ndez V, Medina J, Aguilar Henonin L, GuzmÃ¡n P. Expansion and diversification of BTL ring-H2 ubiquitin ligases in angiosperms: putative Rabring7/BCA2 orthologs. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72729 pubmed publisher..This study introduces valuable information on the evolution and domain structure of the Rabring7/BCA2/BTL class of E3 ligases which may be important for core eukaryotic genes. ..
- Marino D, Froidure S, Canonne J, Ben Khaled S, Khafif M, Pouzet C, et al. Arabidopsis ubiquitin ligase MIEL1 mediates degradation of the transcription factor MYB30 weakening plant defence. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1476 pubmed publisher..Overall, this work emphasizes the importance of protein modification by ubiquitination during the regulation of transcriptional responses to stress in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Cheng Y, Li Y, Huang S, Huang Y, Dong X, Zhang Y, et al. Stability of plant immune-receptor resistance proteins is controlled by SKP1-CULLIN1-F-box (SCF)-mediated protein degradation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14694-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that SKP1-CULLIN1-F-box (SCF) complex-mediated stability control of plant NLR proteins plays an important role in regulating their protein levels and preventing autoimmunity. ..