Gene Symbol: TSF
Description: PEBP (phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein) family protein
Alias: F9F13.20, F9F13_20, TWIN SISTER OF FT, PEBP (phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein) family protein
Species: thale cress
- Michaels S, Himelblau E, Kim S, Schomburg F, Amasino R. Integration of flowering signals in winter-annual Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:149-56 pubmed..and vernalization pathways, we have examined activation-tagged alleles of FT and the FT homolog, TSF (TWIN SISTER OF FT), in a winter-annual background...
- D Aloia M, Bonhomme D, Bouché F, Tamseddak K, Ormenese S, Torti S, et al. Cytokinin promotes flowering of Arabidopsis via transcriptional activation of the FT paralogue TSF. Plant J. 2011;65:972-9 pubmed publisher..The response to cytokinin treatment does not require FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT), but activates its paralogue TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF), as well as FD, which encodes a partner protein of TSF, and the downstream gene SUPPRESSOR OF ..
- Kim W, Ahn H, Chiou T, Ahn J. The role of the miR399-PHO2 module in the regulation of flowering time in response to different ambient temperatures in Arabidopsis thaliana. Mol Cells. 2011;32:83-8 pubmed publisher..Expression analysis indicated that expression of TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF) was increased in miR399b-overexpressing plants and pho2 mutants at 23°C, suggesting that their early ..
- Jang S, Torti S, Coupland G. Genetic and spatial interactions between FT, TSF and SVP during the early stages of floral induction in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;60:614-25 pubmed publisher..We studied the interactions in Arabidopsis between three of these integrators, flowering locus T (FT), twin sister of FT (TSF) and suppressor of overexpression of constans 1 (SOC1), as well as their repression by the MADS box ..
- Hiraoka K, Yamaguchi A, Abe M, Araki T. The florigen genes FT and TSF modulate lateral shoot outgrowth in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:352-68 pubmed publisher..Growth analysis of lateral shoots in mutants of FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT) and TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF) revealed a delay in the onset of outgrowth and a reduction of the growth rate in ft plants in long-day ..
- Jin S, Jung H, Chung K, Lee J, Ahn J. FLOWERING LOCUS T has higher protein mobility than TWIN SISTER OF FT. J Exp Bot. 2015;66:6109-17 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT), which encodes a proposed phloem-mobile florigen, has a close homologue, TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF)...
- Ando E, Ohnishi M, Wang Y, Matsushita T, Watanabe A, Hayashi Y, et al. TWIN SISTER OF FT, GIGANTEA, and CONSTANS have a positive but indirect effect on blue light-induced stomatal opening in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1529-38 pubmed..We show in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) that TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF), CONSTANS (CO), and GIGANTEA (GI) provide a positive effect on stomatal opening...
- Riboni M, Galbiati M, Tonelli C, Conti L. GIGANTEA enables drought escape response via abscisic acid-dependent activation of the florigens and SUPPRESSOR OF OVEREXPRESSION OF CONSTANS. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1706-19 pubmed publisher..central role of the flower-promoting gene GIGANTEA (GI) and the florigen genes FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT) and TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF) in the DE response...
- Mathieu J, Warthmann N, Küttner F, Schmid M. Export of FT protein from phloem companion cells is sufficient for floral induction in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1055-60 pubmed..show that FT mRNA is required in phloem companion cells where it acts partially redundant with its paralog TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF) to induce flowering...
- Niwa M, Daimon Y, Kurotani K, Higo A, Pruneda Paz J, Breton G, et al. BRANCHED1 interacts with FLOWERING LOCUS T to repress the floral transition of the axillary meristems in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1228-42 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that BRC1 interacts with the florigen proteins FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT) and TWIN SISTER OF FT (TSF) but not with TERMINAL FLOWER1, a floral repressor...