Gene Symbol: TRX5
Description: thioredoxin H-type 5
Alias: ATH5, ATTRX5, F27F5.21, F27F5_21, LIV1, LOCUS OF INSENSITIVITY TO VICTORIN 1, THIOREDOXIN, THIOREDOXIN H-TYPE 5, TRX-h5, thioredoxin H-type 5, thioredoxin H-type 5
Species: thale cress
- Tada Y, Spoel S, Pajerowska Mukhtar K, Mou Z, Song J, Wang C, et al. Plant immunity requires conformational changes [corrected] of NPR1 via S-nitrosylation and thioredoxins. Science. 2008;321:952-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the regulation of NPR1 is through the opposing action of GSNO and TRX. These findings suggest a link between pathogen-triggered redox changes and gene regulation in plant immunity. ..
- Sweat T, Wolpert T. Thioredoxin h5 is required for victorin sensitivity mediated by a CC-NBS-LRR gene in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:673-87 pubmed..The LIV1 gene encodes thioredoxin h5 (ATTRX5), a member of a large family of disulfide oxidoreductases...
- Lorang J, Kidarsa T, Bradford C, Gilbert B, Curtis M, Tzeng S, et al. Tricking the guard: exploiting plant defense for disease susceptibility. Science. 2012;338:659-62 pubmed publisher..victorin (an effector produced by the necrotrophic fungus Cochliobolus victoriae), TRX-h5 (a defense-associated thioredoxin), and LOV1 (an Arabidopsis susceptibility protein)...
- Rivera Madrid R, Mestres D, Marinho P, Jacquot J, Decottignies P, Miginiac Maslow M, et al. Evidence for five divergent thioredoxin h sequences in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:5620-4 pubmedFive different clones encoding thioredoxin homologues were isolated from Arabidopsis thaliana cDNA libraries...
- Laloi C, Mestres Ortega D, Marco Y, Meyer Y, Reichheld J. The Arabidopsis cytosolic thioredoxin h5 gene induction by oxidative stress and its W-box-mediated response to pathogen elicitor. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1006-16 pubmed..Collectively, our data indicate a possible implication of the cytosolic thioredoxin AtTRXh5 in response to pathogens and to oxidative stresses...
- Kneeshaw S, Gelineau S, Tada Y, Loake G, Spoel S. Selective protein denitrosylation activity of Thioredoxin-h5 modulates plant Immunity. Mol Cell. 2014;56:153-62 pubmed publisher..Here we show that in plant immunity the oxidoreductase Thioredoxin-h5 (TRXh5) reverses SNO modifications by acting as a selective protein-SNO reductase...
- Yamamoto M, Nasrallah J. In planta assessment of the role of thioredoxin h proteins in the regulation of S-locus receptor kinase signaling in transgenic Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;163:1387-95 pubmed publisher..Based on work in Brassica spp., the thioredoxin h-like proteins THL1 and THL2, which interact with SRK, have been proposed to function as oxidoreductases that ..