TRANSPARENT TESTA 1
Gene Symbol: TRANSPARENT TESTA 1
Description: C2H2 and C2HC zinc fingers superfamily protein
Alias: WIP domain protein 1, WIP1, transparent testa 1, C2H2 and C2HC zinc fingers superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- Shirley B, Kubasek W, Storz G, Bruggemann E, Koornneef M, Ausubel F, et al. Analysis of Arabidopsis mutants deficient in flavonoid biosynthesis. Plant J. 1995;8:659-71 pubmed..A summary of these and previously published results are incorporated into an overview of the genetics of flavonoid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Appelhagen I, Lu G, Huep G, Schmelzer E, Weisshaar B, Sagasser M. TRANSPARENT TESTA1 interacts with R2R3-MYB factors and affects early and late steps of flavonoid biosynthesis in the endothelium of Arabidopsis thaliana seeds. Plant J. 2011;67:406-19 pubmed publisher..thaliana seed development. ..
- Appelhagen I, Huep G, Lu G, Strompen G, Weisshaar B, Sagasser M. Weird fingers: functional analysis of WIP domain proteins. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3116-22 pubmed publisher..Mutations in each of the ZFs lead to loss of function of the TT1/WIP1 protein in Arabiopsis thaliana...
- Zhou X, Groves N, Meier I. Plant nuclear shape is independently determined by the SUN-WIP-WIT2-myosin XI-i complex and CRWN1. Nucleus. 2015;6:144-53 pubmed publisher..Compared with SUN2, SUN1 plays a predominant role in nuclear shape. The NE localization of SUN1, SUN2, WIP1, and a truncated WIT2 does not depend on CRWN1...
- Sagasser M, Lu G, Hahlbrock K, Weisshaar B. A. thaliana TRANSPARENT TESTA 1 is involved in seed coat development and defines the WIP subfamily of plant zinc finger proteins. Genes Dev. 2002;16:138-49 pubmed publisherSeeds of the Arabidopsis thaliana transparent testa 1 mutant (tt1) appear yellow, due to the lack of condensed tannin pigments in the seed coat. The TT1 gene was isolated by reverse genetics using an En-1 transposon mutagenized A...