Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TPL
Description: Transducin family protein / WD-40 repeat family protein
Alias: F7H2.9, F7H2_9, TOPLESS, WSIP1, WUS-INTERACTING PROTEIN 1, Transducin family protein / WD-40 repeat family protein
Species: thale cress
- Miller M, Barrett Wilt G, Hua Z, Vierstra R. Proteomic analyses identify a diverse array of nuclear processes affected by small ubiquitin-like modifier conjugation in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16512-7 pubmed publisher..Targets of particular interest include histone H2B, components in the LEUNIG/TOPLESS corepressor complexes, and proteins that control histone acetylation and DNA methylation, which affect genome-..
- Ryu H, Cho H, Bae W, Hwang I. Control of early seedling development by BES1/TPL/HDA19-mediated epigenetic regulation of ABI3. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4138 pubmed publisher..Here we reveal that a BES1/TPL/HDA19 repressor complex mediates the inhibitory action of brassinosteroids on ABA responses during early seedling ..
- Espinosa Ruiz A, Martinez C, de Lucas M, Fàbregas N, Bosch N, Caño Delgado A, et al. TOPLESS mediates brassinosteroid control of shoot boundaries and root meristem development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 2017;144:1619-1628 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that BES1 interaction with TOPLESS (TPL), via its ERF-associated amphiphilic repression (EAR) motif, is essential for BES1-mediated control of organ ..
- Chen G, Sun J, Liu M, Liu J, Yang W. SPOROCYTELESS is a novel embryophyte-specific transcription repressor that interacts with TPL and TCP proteins in Arabidopsis. J Genet Genomics. 2014;41:617-25 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, SPEARs interact with the TOPLESS (TPL) co-repressors via the EAR motif and TCP family transcription factors in yeast cells...
- Borg M, Rutley N, Kagale S, Hamamura Y, Gherghinoiu M, Kumar S, et al. An EAR-Dependent Regulatory Module Promotes Male Germ Cell Division and Sperm Fertility in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:2098-2113 pubmed..male germline and are required for transcriptional repression and for physical interaction with the corepressor TOPLESS. Our findings uncover an essential module in a regulatory hierarchy that drives mitotic transition in male germ ..
- Gonzalez N, Pauwels L, Baekelandt A, De Milde L, Van Leene J, Besbrugge N, et al. A Repressor Protein Complex Regulates Leaf Growth in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2015;27:2273-87 pubmed publisher..PPD proteins interact with KIX8 and KIX9, which act as adaptor proteins for the corepressor TOPLESS. D3-type cyclin encoding genes were identified among direct targets of PPD2, being negatively regulated by PPDs ..
- Thireault C, Shyu C, Yoshida Y, St Aubin B, Campos M, Howe G. Repression of jasmonate signaling by a non-TIFY JAZ protein in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2015;82:669-79 pubmed publisher..The ZIM protein domain recruits the co-repressors NINJA and TOPLESS to JAZ-bound transcription factors, and contains a highly conserved TIF[F/Y]XG motif that defines the larger ..
- Geerinck J, Pauwels L, De Jaeger G, Goossens A. Dissection of the one-MegaDalton JAZ1 protein complex. Plant Signal Behav. 2010;5:1039-41 pubmed..By using a tandem affinity purification based approach, we demonstrated that the Groucho/Tup1-type co-repressor TOPLESS (TPL) and TPL-related proteins are connected to the JAZ proteins via an adaptor protein, designated Novel ..
- Kieffer M, Stern Y, Cook H, Clerici E, Maulbetsch C, Laux T, et al. Analysis of the transcription factor WUSCHEL and its functional homologue in Antirrhinum reveals a potential mechanism for their roles in meristem maintenance. Plant Cell. 2006;18:560-73 pubmed..Our results suggest that WUS functions by recruiting transcriptional corepressors to repress target genes that promote differentiation, thereby ensuring stem cell maintenance...
- Huang H, Yoo C, Bindbeutel R, Goldsworthy J, Tielking A, Alvarez S, et al. PCH1 integrates circadian and light-signaling pathways to control photoperiod-responsive growth in Arabidopsis. elife. 2016;5:e13292 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCH1 is a new factor that regulates photoperiod-responsive growth by integrating the clock with light perception pathways through modulating daily phyB-signaling. ..
- Moreno J, Shyu C, Campos M, Patel L, Chung H, Yao J, et al. Negative feedback control of jasmonate signaling by an alternative splice variant of JAZ10. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1006-17 pubmed publisher..4 links transcription factors to a corepressor complex and suggest how JA-induced transcription and alternative splicing of JAZ10 premessenger RNA creates a regulatory circuit to attenuate JA responses. ..
- Oh E, Zhu J, Ryu H, Hwang I, Wang Z. TOPLESS mediates brassinosteroid-induced transcriptional repression through interaction with BZR1. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4140 pubmed publisher..Here we show that BZR1 represses target genes by recruiting the Groucho/TUP1-like transcriptional corepressor TOPLESS (TPL)...
- Long J, Ohno C, Smith Z, Meyerowitz E. TOPLESS regulates apical embryonic fate in Arabidopsis. Science. 2006;312:1520-3 pubmedThe embryos of seed plants develop with an apical shoot pole and a basal root pole. In Arabidopsis, the topless-1 (tpl-1) mutation transforms the shoot pole into a second root pole...
- Wei B, Zhang J, Pang C, Yu H, Guo D, Jiang H, et al. The molecular mechanism of sporocyteless/nozzle in controlling Arabidopsis ovule development. Cell Res. 2015;25:121-34 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that SPL functions as an adaptor-like transcriptional repressor. We show that SPL recruits topless/topless-related (TPL/TPR) co-repressors to inhibit the Cincinnata (CIN)-like Teosinte branched1/cycloidea/PCF (..
- CuÃ©llar PÃ©rez A, Nagels Durand A, Vanden Bossche R, De Clercq R, Persiau G, van Wees S, et al. The non-JAZ TIFY protein TIFY8 from Arabidopsis thaliana is a transcriptional repressor. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84891 pubmed publisher..TIFY8 interacted with TOPLESS through NINJA and accordingly acted as a transcriptional repressor...