Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TOC34
Description: translocon at the outer envelope membrane of chloroplasts 34
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA TRANSLOCON AT THE OUTER ENVELOPE MEMBRANE OF CHLOROPLASTS 34, ATTOC34, MUG13.14, MUG13_14, OEP34, translocon at the outer envelope membrane of chloroplasts 34, translocon at the outer envelope membrane of chloroplasts 34
Species: thale cress
- Gutensohn M, Schulz B, Nicolay P, Flügge U. Functional analysis of the two Arabidopsis homologues of Toc34, a component of the chloroplast protein import apparatus. Plant J. 2000;23:771-83 pubmedTwo Arabidopsis Toc34 homologues, atToc34 and atToc33, components of the chloroplast protein import machinery located in the outer envelope membrane, were recently isolated...
- Ling Q, Huang W, Baldwin A, Jarvis P. Chloroplast biogenesis is regulated by direct action of the ubiquitin-proteasome system. Science. 2012;338:655-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ubiquitin-proteasome system acts on plastids to control their development. ..
- Oreb M, Höfle A, Mirus O, Schleiff E. Phosphorylation regulates the assembly of chloroplast import machinery. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:2309-16 pubmed publisher..Two receptor components of this complex, Toc34 and Toc159, are GTPases, which can be phosphorylated by kinases present in the hosting membrane...
- Bauer J, Chen K, Hiltbunner A, Wehrli E, Eugster M, Schnell D, et al. The major protein import receptor of plastids is essential for chloroplast biogenesis. Nature. 2000;403:203-7 pubmed..The Toc complex in the pea consists of three major components, Toc75, Toc34 and Toc159 (formerly termed Toc86)...
- Hust B, Gutensohn M. Deletion of core components of the plastid protein import machinery causes differential arrest of embryo development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2006;8:18-30 pubmed..In contrast, despite the complete or almost complete lack of the import receptors Toc34 and Toc159, embryo development in the a tToc33/34 and atToc132/159 mutants proceeded slowly and was arrested later ..
- Shen G, Kuppu S, Venkataramani S, Wang J, Yan J, Qiu X, et al. ANKYRIN REPEAT-CONTAINING PROTEIN 2A is an essential molecular chaperone for peroxisomal membrane-bound ASCORBATE PEROXIDASE3 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:811-31 pubmed publisher..The pleiotropic phenotype of akr2a mutants indicates that AKR2A plays many important roles in plant cellular metabolism and is essential for plant growth and development. ..
- Tsai L, Tu S, Li H. Insertion of atToc34 into the chloroplastic outer membrane is assisted by at least two proteinaceous components in the import system. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18735-40 pubmed..Using an Arabidopsis homologue of pea Toc34, atToc34, we show that the insertion of atToc34 was greatly reduced by thermolysin pretreatment of chloroplasts as assayed ..
- Koenig P, Oreb M, Höfle A, Kaltofen S, Rippe K, Sinning I, et al. The GTPase cycle of the chloroplast import receptors Toc33/Toc34: implications from monomeric and dimeric structures. Structure. 2008;16:585-96 pubmed publisher..that dimerization is independent of nucleotide loading state, based on crystal structures of dimeric Pisum sativum Toc34 and monomeric Arabidopsis thaliana Toc33...