Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TIC
Description: time for coffee
Alias: TIME FOR COFFEE, time for coffee
Species: thale cress
- Shin J, Heidrich K, Sánchez Villarreal A, Parker J, Davis S. TIME FOR COFFEE represses accumulation of the MYC2 transcription factor to provide time-of-day regulation of jasmonate signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2470-82 pubmed publisher..Here, we found that the circadian-clock component TIME FOR COFFEE (TIC) acts as a negative factor in the JA-signaling pathway...
- Ding Z, Millar A, Davis A, Davis S. TIME FOR COFFEE encodes a nuclear regulator in the Arabidopsis thaliana circadian clock. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1522-36 pubmed..Mutation in Arabidopsis thaliana TIME FOR COFFEE (TIC) affects free-running circadian rhythms...
- Sánchez Villarreal A, Shin J, Bujdoso N, Obata T, Neumann U, Du S, et al. TIME FOR COFFEE is an essential component in the maintenance of metabolic homeostasis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2013;76:188-200 pubmed publisher..Under diurnal conditions, properly timed rhythmic metabolism provides fitness benefits to plants. TIME FOR COFFEE (TIC) is a circadian regulator known to be involved in clock resetting at dawn...
- Hall A, Bastow R, Davis S, Hanano S, McWatters H, Hibberd V, et al. The TIME FOR COFFEE gene maintains the amplitude and timing of Arabidopsis circadian clocks. Plant Cell. 2003;15:2719-29 pubmed..We characterize the time for coffee (tic) mutant that disrupts circadian gating, photoperiodism, and multiple circadian rhythms, with ..
- Duc C, Cellier F, Lobreaux S, Briat J, Gaymard F. Regulation of iron homeostasis in Arabidopsis thaliana by the clock regulator time for coffee. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:36271-81 pubmed publisher..This screen identified TIME FOR COFFEE (TIC) as a regulator of AtFer1 gene expression...
- Miller M, Barrett Wilt G, Hua Z, Vierstra R. Proteomic analyses identify a diverse array of nuclear processes affected by small ubiquitin-like modifier conjugation in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16512-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that SUMOylation represents a rapid and global mechanism for reversibly manipulating plant chromosomal functions, especially during environmental stress. ..