Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SUMO1
Description: small ubiquitin-like modifier 1
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS THALIANA SMALL UBIQUITIN-LIKE MODIFIER 1, ATSUMO1, F10M23.180, F10M23_180, SMALL UBIQUITIN-LIKE MODIFIER 1, SUM1, SUMO 1, small ubiquitin-like modifier 1, small ubiquitin-like modifier 1
Species: thale cress
- Budhiraja R, Hermkes R, Muller S, Schmidt J, Colby T, Panigrahi K, et al. Substrates related to chromatin and to RNA-dependent processes are modified by Arabidopsis SUMO isoforms that differ in a conserved residue with influence on desumoylation. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:1529-40 pubmed publisher..We tested deviations in this position in the background of SUMO1, the isoform with the highest expression level, and found that changes do not prevent conjugation to substrate ..
- Elrouby N, Coupland G. Proteome-wide screens for small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) substrates identify Arabidopsis proteins implicated in diverse biological processes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17415-20 pubmed publisher..These proteins provide a basis for exploring the function of SUMOylation in the regulation of diverse processes in Arabidopsis. ..
- Cohen Peer R, Schuster S, Meiri D, Breiman A, Avni A. Sumoylation of Arabidopsis heat shock factor A2 (HsfA2) modifies its activity during acquired thermotholerance. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;74:33-45 pubmed publisher..Using the Yeast two hybrid and the bimolecular fluorescence complementation system, we have found that AtSUMO1 physically interacts with AtHsfA2...
- Tomanov K, Ziba I, Bachmair A. SUMO Chain Formation by Plant Enzymes. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1450:97-105 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae has only one SUMO protein, humans have four and Arabidopsis thaliana has eight, the main isoforms being SUMO1 and SUMO2 with about 95â€‰% identity...
- Conti L, Nelis S, Zhang C, Woodcock A, Swarup R, Galbiati M, et al. Small Ubiquitin-like Modifier protein SUMO enables plants to control growth independently of the phytohormone gibberellin. Dev Cell. 2014;28:102-10 pubmed publisher..We conclude that plants have developed a GA-independent mechanism to control growth. ..
- Elrouby N, Bonequi M, Porri A, Coupland G. Identification of Arabidopsis SUMO-interacting proteins that regulate chromatin activity and developmental transitions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19956-61 pubmed publisher..It reduces protein levels of CYCLING DOF FACTOR 2, hence increasing transcript levels of CONSTANS and promoting flowering through the photoperiodic pathway. ..
- Park B, Song J, Seo H. Arabidopsis nitrate reductase activity is stimulated by the E3 SUMO ligase AtSIZ1. Nat Commun. 2011;2:400 pubmed publisher..Both sumoylated and non-sumoylated NIA1 and NIA2 can form dimers. Our results indicate that AtSIZ1 positively controls nitrogen assimilation by promoting sumoylation of NRs in Arabidopsis. ..
- Castaño Miquel L, Seguí J, Lois L. Distinctive properties of Arabidopsis SUMO paralogues support the in vivo predominant role of AtSUMO1/2 isoforms. Biochem J. 2011;436:581-90 pubmed publisher..the present paper, we show data contributing to the notion that the four expressed Arabidopsis SUMO paralogues, AtSUMO1, 2, 3 and 5, have functionally diverged to a higher extent than their human orthologues...
- Nelis S, Conti L, Zhang C, Sadanandom A. A functional Small Ubiquitin-like Modifier (SUMO) interacting motif (SIM) in the gibberellin hormone receptor GID1 is conserved in cereal crops and disrupting this motif does not abolish hormone dependency of the DELLA-GID1 interaction. Plant Signal Behav. 2015;10:e987528 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that GID1 proteins across the major cereal crops contain a functional SIM able to bind SUMO1. Site directed mutagenesis and yeast 2 hybrid experiments reveal that it is possible to disrupt the SIM-SUMO ..
- van den Burg H, Kini R, Schuurink R, Takken F. Arabidopsis small ubiquitin-like modifier paralogs have distinct functions in development and defense. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1998-2016 pubmed publisher..We studied the function of these paralogs. Single mutants of the SUM1 and SUM2 paralogs do not exhibit a clear phenotype...
- Lin X, Niu D, Hu Z, Kim D, Jin Y, Cai B, et al. An Arabidopsis SUMO E3 Ligase, SIZ1, Negatively Regulates Photomorphogenesis by Promoting COP1 Activity. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006016 pubmed publisher..Our genetic and biochemical studies identify a function for SIZ1 in photomorphogenesis and reveal a novel SUMO-regulated ubiquitin ligase, COP1, in plants. ..