Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNRK2.4
Description: Protein kinase superfamily protein
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS SERINE/THREONINE KINASE 1, ARABIDOPSIS SKP1 HOMOLOGUE 1, ASK1, SNF1-related protein kinase 2.4, SNRK2-4, SRK2A, SUCROSE NONFERMENTING 1-RELATED PROTEIN KINASE 2-4, Protein kinase superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- Dieterle M, Zhou Y, Schafer E, Funk M, Kretsch T. EID1, an F-box protein involved in phytochrome A-specific light signaling. Genes Dev. 2001;15:939-44 pubmed..EID1 most probably acts by targeting activated components of the phyA signaling pathway to ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis. ..
- Fujii H, Verslues P, Zhu J. Arabidopsis decuple mutant reveals the importance of SnRK2 kinases in osmotic stress responses in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1717-22 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate critical functions of the SnRK2s in mediating osmotic stress signaling and tolerance. ..
- Kulik A, Anielska Mazur A, Bucholc M, Koen E, Szymanska K, Zmienko A, et al. SNF1-related protein kinases type 2 are involved in plant responses to cadmium stress. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:868-83 pubmed publisher..Concluding, the obtained results indicate that SnRK2s play a role in the regulation of plant tolerance to cadmium, most probably by controlling ROS accumulation triggered by cadmium ions. ..
- Boudsocq M, Barbier Brygoo H, Laurière C. Identification of nine sucrose nonfermenting 1-related protein kinases 2 activated by hyperosmotic and saline stresses in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41758-66 pubmed..The probable involvement of the different Arabidopsis SnRK2 in several abiotic transduction pathways is discussed. ..
- McLoughlin F, Galvan Ampudia C, Julkowska M, Caarls L, van der Does D, Laurière C, et al. The Snf1-related protein kinases SnRK2.4 and SnRK2.10 are involved in maintenance of root system architecture during salt stress. Plant J. 2012;72:436-49 pubmed publisher..4/2.10 to membranes upon exposure to salt, supporting their observed binding affinity for the phospholipid phosphatidic acid. Together, our results reveal a role for SnRK2.4 and -2.10 in root growth and architecture in saline conditions. ..
- Kevei E, Gyula P, Hall A, Kozma Bognar L, Kim W, Eriksson M, et al. Forward genetic analysis of the circadian clock separates the multiple functions of ZEITLUPE. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:933-45 pubmed..Forward genetics continues to provide insight regarding both known and newly discovered components of the circadian system, although current approaches have saturated mutations at some loci. ..
- Julkowska M, McLoughlin F, Galvan Ampudia C, Rankenberg J, Kawa D, Klimecka M, et al. Identification and functional characterization of the Arabidopsis?Snf1-related protein kinase SnRK2.4 phosphatidic acid-binding domain. Plant Cell Environ. 2015;38:614-24 pubmed publisher..Together, this study biochemically characterizes the PA-SnRK2.4 interaction and shows that functionality of the SnRK2.4 PABD affects root development. ..
- Potuschak T, Lechner E, Parmentier Y, Yanagisawa S, Grava S, Koncz C, et al. EIN3-dependent regulation of plant ethylene hormone signaling by two arabidopsis F box proteins: EBF1 and EBF2. Cell. 2003;115:679-89 pubmed..Our work places EBF1 and EBF2 within the genetic framework of the ethylene-response pathway and supports a model in which ethylene action depends on EIN3 protein stabilization. ..
- Yasuhara M, Mitsui S, Hirano H, Takanabe R, Tokioka Y, Ihara N, et al. Identification of ASK and clock-associated proteins as molecular partners of LKP2 (LOV kelch protein 2) in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:2015-27 pubmed..An interaction between LKP2 and APRR5, a paralogue of TOC1, was also observed, but LKP2 did not interact with APRR3, APRR7, or APRR9, other paralogues of TOC1. ..
- Han L, Mason M, Risseeuw E, Crosby W, Somers D. Formation of an SCF(ZTL) complex is required for proper regulation of circadian timing. Plant J. 2004;40:291-301 pubmed..Co-immunoprecipitation of full-length (FL) ZTL with the three known core components of SCF complexes (ASK1, AtCUL1 and AtRBX1) demonstrates that ZTL can assemble into an SCF complex in vivo...
- Samach A, Klenz J, Kohalmi S, Risseeuw E, Haughn G, Crosby W. The UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is an F-box protein required for normal patterning and growth in the floral meristem. Plant J. 1999;20:433-45 pubmed..It is therefore possible that the role of UFO is to target for degradation specific proteins controlling normal growth patterns in the floral primordia, as well as proteins that negatively regulate APETALA 3 transcription. ..
- Kim H, Oh S, Brownfield L, Hong S, Ryu H, Hwang I, et al. Control of plant germline proliferation by SCF(FBL17) degradation of cell cycle inhibitors. Nature. 2008;455:1134-7 pubmed publisher..Our results identify SCF(FBL17) as an essential male germ cell proliferation complex that promotes twin sperm cell production and double fertilization in flowering plants. ..
- Quint M, Ito H, Zhang W, Gray W. Characterization of a novel temperature-sensitive allele of the CUL1/AXR6 subunit of SCF ubiquitin-ligases. Plant J. 2005;43:371-83 pubmed..The recessive inheritance and the temperature-sensitive nature of the pleiotropically acting axr6-3 mutation opens promising possibilities for the identification and investigation of SCF-regulated pathways in Arabidopsis. ..
- Moon J, Zhao Y, Dai X, Zhang W, Gray W, Huq E, et al. A new CULLIN 1 mutant has altered responses to hormones and light in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:684-96 pubmed..Characterization of weak cul1 mutants provides insight into the role of SCFs throughout plant growth and development. ..
- Zhou X, Soon F, Ng L, Kovach A, Suino Powell K, Li J, et al. Catalytic mechanism and kinase interactions of ABA-signaling PP2C phosphatases. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:581-8 pubmed publisher..6-HAB1 complex, we present the catalytic mechanism of PP2C and provide new insight into PP2C-SnRK2 interactions and possible roles of other SnRK2 kinases in ABA signaling. ..
- Marrocco K, Zhou Y, Bury E, Dieterle M, Funk M, Genschik P, et al. Functional analysis of EID1, an F-box protein involved in phytochrome A-dependent light signal transduction. Plant J. 2006;45:423-38 pubmed..Finally, our data indicate that the EID1 target interaction domain is composed of two independent modules. ..
- Wang X, Feng S, Nakayama N, Crosby W, Irish V, Deng X, et al. The COP9 signalosome interacts with SCF UFO and participates in Arabidopsis flower development. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1071-82 pubmed..We conclude that CSN is an essential regulator of Arabidopsis flower development and suggest that CSN regulates Arabidopsis flower development in part by modulating SCF(UFO)-mediated AP3 activation. ..
- Guo H, Ecker J. Plant responses to ethylene gas are mediated by SCF(EBF1/EBF2)-dependent proteolysis of EIN3 transcription factor. Cell. 2003;115:667-77 pubmed..These results reveal that a ubiquitin/proteasome pathway negatively regulates ethylene responses by targeting EIN3 for degradation, and pinpoint EIN3 regulation as the key step in the response to ethylene. ..