Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNRK2.4
Description: Protein kinase superfamily protein
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS SERINE/THREONINE KINASE 1, ARABIDOPSIS SKP1 HOMOLOGUE 1, ASK1, SNF1-related protein kinase 2.4, SNRK2-4, SRK2A, SUCROSE NONFERMENTING 1-RELATED PROTEIN KINASE 2-4, Protein kinase superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- Han L, Mason M, Risseeuw E, Crosby W, Somers D. Formation of an SCF(ZTL) complex is required for proper regulation of circadian timing. Plant J. 2004;40:291-301 pubmed..Co-immunoprecipitation of full-length (FL) ZTL with the three known core components of SCF complexes (ASK1, AtCUL1 and AtRBX1) demonstrates that ZTL can assemble into an SCF complex in vivo...
- Samach A, Klenz J, Kohalmi S, Risseeuw E, Haughn G, Crosby W. The UNUSUAL FLORAL ORGANS gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is an F-box protein required for normal patterning and growth in the floral meristem. Plant J. 1999;20:433-45 pubmed..It is therefore possible that the role of UFO is to target for degradation specific proteins controlling normal growth patterns in the floral primordia, as well as proteins that negatively regulate APETALA 3 transcription. ..
- Kim H, Oh S, Brownfield L, Hong S, Ryu H, Hwang I, et al. Control of plant germline proliferation by SCF(FBL17) degradation of cell cycle inhibitors. Nature. 2008;455:1134-7 pubmed publisher..Our results identify SCF(FBL17) as an essential male germ cell proliferation complex that promotes twin sperm cell production and double fertilization in flowering plants. ..
- Quint M, Ito H, Zhang W, Gray W. Characterization of a novel temperature-sensitive allele of the CUL1/AXR6 subunit of SCF ubiquitin-ligases. Plant J. 2005;43:371-83 pubmed..The recessive inheritance and the temperature-sensitive nature of the pleiotropically acting axr6-3 mutation opens promising possibilities for the identification and investigation of SCF-regulated pathways in Arabidopsis. ..
- Moon J, Zhao Y, Dai X, Zhang W, Gray W, Huq E, et al. A new CULLIN 1 mutant has altered responses to hormones and light in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:684-96 pubmed..Characterization of weak cul1 mutants provides insight into the role of SCFs throughout plant growth and development. ..
- Zhou X, Soon F, Ng L, Kovach A, Suino Powell K, Li J, et al. Catalytic mechanism and kinase interactions of ABA-signaling PP2C phosphatases. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:581-8 pubmed publisher..6-HAB1 complex, we present the catalytic mechanism of PP2C and provide new insight into PP2C-SnRK2 interactions and possible roles of other SnRK2 kinases in ABA signaling. ..
- Marrocco K, Zhou Y, Bury E, Dieterle M, Funk M, Genschik P, et al. Functional analysis of EID1, an F-box protein involved in phytochrome A-dependent light signal transduction. Plant J. 2006;45:423-38 pubmed..Finally, our data indicate that the EID1 target interaction domain is composed of two independent modules. ..
- Wang X, Feng S, Nakayama N, Crosby W, Irish V, Deng X, et al. The COP9 signalosome interacts with SCF UFO and participates in Arabidopsis flower development. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1071-82 pubmed..We conclude that CSN is an essential regulator of Arabidopsis flower development and suggest that CSN regulates Arabidopsis flower development in part by modulating SCF(UFO)-mediated AP3 activation. ..
- Guo H, Ecker J. Plant responses to ethylene gas are mediated by SCF(EBF1/EBF2)-dependent proteolysis of EIN3 transcription factor. Cell. 2003;115:667-77 pubmed..These results reveal that a ubiquitin/proteasome pathway negatively regulates ethylene responses by targeting EIN3 for degradation, and pinpoint EIN3 regulation as the key step in the response to ethylene. ..