Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNRK2.3
Description: sucrose nonfermenting 1(SNF1)-related protein kinase 2.3
Alias: SNRK2-3, SRK2I, SUCROSE NONFERMENTING 1 (SNF1)-RELATED PROTEIN KINASE 2-3, sucrose nonfermenting 1(SNF1)-related protein kinase 2.3, sucrose nonfermenting 1(SNF1)-related protein kinase 2.3
Species: thale cress
- Mogami J, Fujita Y, Yoshida T, Tsukiori Y, Nakagami H, Nomura Y, et al. Two distinct families of protein kinases are required for plant growth under high external Mg2+ concentrations in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2015;167:1039-57 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that SRK2D/E/I- and CIPK26/3/9/23-mediated phosphorylation signaling pathways maintain cellular Mg(2+) homeostasis. ..
- Piskurewicz U, Jikumaru Y, Kinoshita N, Nambara E, Kamiya Y, Lopez Molina L. The gibberellic acid signaling repressor RGL2 inhibits Arabidopsis seed germination by stimulating abscisic acid synthesis and ABI5 activity. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2729-45 pubmed publisher..These data support the notion that ABI5 acts as the final common repressor of germination in response to changes in ABA and GA levels. ..
- Zhou X, Soon F, Ng L, Kovach A, Suino Powell K, Li J, et al. Catalytic mechanism and kinase interactions of ABA-signaling PP2C phosphatases. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:581-8 pubmed publisher..6-HAB1 complex, we present the catalytic mechanism of PP2C and provide new insight into PP2C-SnRK2 interactions and possible roles of other SnRK2 kinases in ABA signaling. ..
- Wang P, Zhu J, Lang Z. Nitric oxide suppresses the inhibitory effect of abscisic acid on seed germination by S-nitrosylation of SnRK2 proteins. Plant Signal Behav. 2015;10:e1031939 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that NO negatively regulates ABA signaling in germination and early seedling growth through S-nitrosylation of SnRK2.2 and SnRK2.3. ..
- Lynch T, Erickson B, Finkelstein R. Direct interactions of ABA-insensitive(ABI)-clade protein phosphatase(PP)2Cs with calcium-dependent protein kinases and ABA response element-binding bZIPs may contribute to turning off ABA response. Plant Mol Biol. 2012;80:647-58 pubmed publisher..These studies support specific interactions among kinases, phosphatases and transcription factors that are co-expressed in early seedling development. ..
- Cheng C, Wang Z, Ren Z, Zhi L, Yao B, Su C, et al. SCFAtPP2-B11 modulates ABA signaling by facilitating SnRK2.3 degradation in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006947 pubmed publisher..3 overexpression lines. These results reveal a novel mechanism through which AtPP2-B11 specifically degrades SnRK2.3 to attenuate ABA signaling and the abiotic stress response in Arabidopsis. ..
- Soon F, Ng L, Zhou X, West G, Kovach A, Tan M, et al. Molecular mimicry regulates ABA signaling by SnRK2 kinases and PP2C phosphatases. Science. 2012;335:85-8 pubmed publisher..These structural results provide a simple mechanism that directly couples ABA binding to SnRK2 kinase activation and highlight a new paradigm of kinase-phosphatase regulation through mutual packing of their catalytic sites. ..
- Fujii H, Chinnusamy V, Rodrigues A, Rubio S, Antoni R, Park S, et al. In vitro reconstitution of an abscisic acid signalling pathway. Nature. 2009;462:660-4 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal new insights into ABA signalling mechanisms and define a minimal set of core components of a complete major ABA signalling pathway...
- Fujii H, Verslues P, Zhu J. Arabidopsis decuple mutant reveals the importance of SnRK2 kinases in osmotic stress responses in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1717-22 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate critical functions of the SnRK2s in mediating osmotic stress signaling and tolerance. ..
- Ding Y, Li H, Zhang X, Xie Q, Gong Z, Yang S. OST1 kinase modulates freezing tolerance by enhancing ICE1 stability in Arabidopsis. Dev Cell. 2015;32:278-89 pubmed publisher..Our results thus uncover the unexpected roles of OST1 in modulating CBF-dependent cold signaling in Arabidopsis. ..
- Fujita Y, Nakashima K, Yoshida T, Katagiri T, Kidokoro S, Kanamori N, et al. Three SnRK2 protein kinases are the main positive regulators of abscisic acid signaling in response to water stress in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:2123-32 pubmed publisher..2, SRK2E/SnRK2.6 and SRK2I/SnRK2.3 (SRK2D/E/I)...