Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNRK2.1
Description: SNF1-related protein kinase 2.1
Alias: ARABIDOPSIS SERINE/THREONINE KINASE 2, ARABIDOPSIS SKP1-LIKE1, ASK2, MAH20.15, MAH20_15, SNF1-related protein kinase 2.1, SNRK2-1, SRK2G, SNF1-related protein kinase 2.1
Species: thale cress
- Boudsocq M, Barbier Brygoo H, Laurière C. Identification of nine sucrose nonfermenting 1-related protein kinases 2 activated by hyperosmotic and saline stresses in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41758-66 pubmed..The probable involvement of the different Arabidopsis SnRK2 in several abiotic transduction pathways is discussed. ..
- Minkoff B, Stecker K, Sussman M. Rapid Phosphoproteomic Effects of Abscisic Acid (ABA) on Wild-Type and ABA Receptor-Deficient A. thaliana Mutants. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015;14:1169-82 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data expand our understanding of the model by which the family of ABA receptors directs rapid phosphoproteomic changes. ..
- Sawa M, Nusinow D, Kay S, Imaizumi T. FKF1 and GIGANTEA complex formation is required for day-length measurement in Arabidopsis. Science. 2007;318:261-5 pubmed..Thus, the FKF1-GI complex forms on the CO promoter in late afternoon to regulate CO expression, providing a mechanistic view of how the coincidence of light with circadian timing regulates photoperiodic flowering. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang S, Wang J, Zi J, Wang J, Chen S, et al. Expression, Purification, and Characterization of a Sucrose Nonfermenting 1-Related Protein Kinases 2 of Arabidopsis thaliana in E. coli-Based Cell-Free System. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:9469356 pubmed publisher..The application of this improved E. coli cell-free system provides us a promising and convenient platform to enhance expression of the target proteins economically. ..
- Fujii H, Verslues P, Zhu J. Arabidopsis decuple mutant reveals the importance of SnRK2 kinases in osmotic stress responses in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1717-22 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate critical functions of the SnRK2s in mediating osmotic stress signaling and tolerance. ..
- Park Y, Hong S, Oh S, Kwak J, Lee H, Nam H. Two putative protein kinases from Arabidopsis thaliana contain highly acidic domains. Plant Mol Biol. 1993;22:615-24 pubmedTwo cDNA clones (ASK1 and ASK2) for plant protein kinases were cloned from Arabidopsis thaliana by screening cDNA libraries with a degenerate oligonucleotide probe that corresponds to a highly conserved motif among protein kinases...
- Takahashi N, Kuroda H, Kuromori T, Hirayama T, Seki M, Shinozaki K, et al. Expression and interaction analysis of Arabidopsis Skp1-related genes. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:83-91 pubmed..As a result, we found diverse binding specificities: ASK1, ASK2, ASK11 and ASK12 interacted well with COI1, FKF1, UFO-like protein, LRR-containing F-box proteins, and other F-box ..
- Yan J, Wang P, Wang B, Hsu C, Tang K, Zhang H, et al. The SnRK2 kinases modulate miRNA accumulation in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006753 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal an important role for the SnRK2 kinases in the regulation of miRNA accumulation and establish a mechanism by which ABA and osmotic stress signaling is linked to miRNA biogenesis. ..