Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SIP4
Description: SOS3-interacting protein 4
Alias: CBL-INTERACTING PROTEIN KINASE 11, CIPK11, PKS5, PROTEIN KINASE SOS2-LIKE 5, SNF1-RELATED PROTEIN KINASE 3.22, SNRK3.22, SOS3-interacting protein 4, T9D9.17, T9D9_17, SOS3-interacting protein 4
Species: thale cress
- Albrecht V, Ritz O, Linder S, Harter K, Kudla J. The NAF domain defines a novel protein-protein interaction module conserved in Ca2+-regulated kinases. EMBO J. 2001;20:1051-63 pubmed
- Kolukisaoglu U, Weinl S, Blazevic D, Batistic O, Kudla J. Calcium sensors and their interacting protein kinases: genomics of the Arabidopsis and rice CBL-CIPK signaling networks. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:43-58 pubmed..This work provides a basis for a defined further functional dissection of this important plant-specific signaling system. ..
- Yang Y, Qin Y, Xie C, Zhao F, Zhao J, Liu D, et al. The Arabidopsis chaperone J3 regulates the plasma membrane H+-ATPase through interaction with the PKS5 kinase. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1313-32 pubmed publisher..We have previously shown that the Arabidopsis thaliana Salt Overly Sensitive2-Like Protein Kinase5 (PKS5) negatively regulates the PM H(+)-ATPase...
- Du W, Lin H, Chen S, Wu Y, Zhang J, Fuglsang A, et al. Phosphorylation of SOS3-like calcium-binding proteins by their interacting SOS2-like protein kinases is a common regulatory mechanism in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:2235-43 pubmed publisher..We further showed that CIPK23/PKS17 phosphorylated CBL1/SCaBP5 and CBL9/SCaBP7 and PKS5 phosphorylated SCaBP1 at the same site in vitro and in vivo...
- Liu J, Guo Y. The alkaline tolerance in Arabidopsis requires stabilizing microfilament partially through inactivation of PKS5 kinase. J Genet Genomics. 2011;38:307-13 pubmed publisher..In this study we identified that PKS5 kinase involves in this regulatory process to facilitate the signal to reach the downstream target MF. Under pH 8...
- Lin H, Du W, Yang Y, Schumaker K, Guo Y. A calcium-independent activation of the Arabidopsis SOS2-like protein kinase24 by its interacting SOS3-like calcium binding protein1. Plant Physiol. 2014;164:2197-206 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest the existence of a novel SCaBP-PKS regulatory mechanism in plants. ..
- Guo Y, Halfter U, Ishitani M, Zhu J. Molecular characterization of functional domains in the protein kinase SOS2 that is required for plant salt tolerance. Plant Cell. 2001;13:1383-400 pubmed..Combining the Thr(168)-to-Asp mutation with the autoinhibitory domain deletion created a superactive SOS2 kinase. These results provide insights into regulation of the kinase activities of SOS2 and the SOS2 family of protein kinases. ..
- Fuglsang A, Guo Y, Cuin T, Qiu Q, Song C, Kristiansen K, et al. Arabidopsis protein kinase PKS5 inhibits the plasma membrane H+ -ATPase by preventing interaction with 14-3-3 protein. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1617-34 pubmed..Here, we report that an Arabidopsis thaliana Ser/Thr protein kinase, PKS5, is a negative regulator of the plasma membrane proton pump (PM H+ -ATPase)...
- Verslues P, Batelli G, Grillo S, Agius F, Kim Y, Zhu J, et al. Interaction of SOS2 with nucleoside diphosphate kinase 2 and catalases reveals a point of connection between salt stress and H2O2 signaling in Arabidopsis thaliana. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7771-80 pubmed..The interaction of SOS2 with both NDPK2 and CATs reveals a point of cross talk between salt stress response and other signaling factors including H2O2. ..
- Xie C, Zhou X, Deng X, Guo Y. PKS5, a SNF1-related kinase, interacts with and phosphorylates NPR1, and modulates expression of WRKY38 and WRKY62. J Genet Genomics. 2010;37:359-69 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that NPR1 interacts with PKS5 (SOS2-like Protein Kinase 5). The AKR (AnKyrin Repeats) motif of NPR1 is required for this interaction...
- Zhou X, Hao H, Zhang Y, Bai Y, Zhu W, Qin Y, et al. SOS2-LIKE PROTEIN KINASE5, an SNF1-RELATED PROTEIN KINASE3-Type Protein Kinase, Is Important for Abscisic Acid Responses in Arabidopsis through Phosphorylation of ABSCISIC ACID-INSENSITIVE5. Plant Physiol. 2015;168:659-76 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate that one SNF1-related protein kinase3-type protein kinase, SOS2-like protein kinase5 (PKS5), is involved in ABA signal transduction via the phosphorylation of an interacting protein, abscisic acid-..