Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SIGE
Description: sigma factor E
Alias: ATSIG5, MLE8.4, MLE8_4, SIG5, SIGMA FACTOR, SIGMA FACTOR 5, sigma factor E, sigma factor E
Species: thale cress
- Tsunoyama Y, Morikawa K, Shiina T, Toyoshima Y. Blue light specific and differential expression of a plastid sigma factor, Sig5 in Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Lett. 2002;516:225-8 pubmed..levels of six different SIG genes in Arabidopsis and found that blue light extensively induced the accumulation of SIG5 transcripts, but red light did not...
- Onda Y, Yagi Y, Saito Y, Takenaka N, Toyoshima Y. Light induction of Arabidopsis SIG1 and SIG5 transcripts in mature leaves: differential roles of cryptochrome 1 and cryptochrome 2 and dual function of SIG5 in the recognition of plastid promoters. Plant J. 2008;55:968-78 pubmed publisher..We analysed the light induction profiles of transcripts from six Arabidopsis sigma factor (AtSIG) genes in mature leaves, focusing on the effects of wavelength and intensity...
- Yamburenko M, Zubo Y, BÃ¶rner T. Abscisic acid affects transcription of chloroplast genes via protein phosphatase 2C-dependent activation of nuclear genes: repression by guanosine-3'-5'-bisdiphosphate and activation by sigma factor 5. Plant J. 2015;82:1030-41 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, sigma factor 5 (SIG5) and plastid transcription factor 1 (PTF1) are known to be necessary for the transcription of psbD from ..
- Tepperman J, Hwang Y, Quail P. phyA dominates in transduction of red-light signals to rapidly responding genes at the initiation of Arabidopsis seedling de-etiolation. Plant J. 2006;48:728-42 pubmed
- Ruckle M, Burgoon L, Lawrence L, Sinkler C, Larkin R. Plastids are major regulators of light signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:366-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the integration of light and plastid signaling regulates a number of END genes that help optimize chloroplast function and that at least some END genes affect photosynthesis-related gene expression...