Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SHY2
Description: AUX/IAA transcriptional regulator family protein
Alias: F19P19.32, F19P19_32, IAA3, SHORT HYPOCOTYL 2, indole-3-acetic acid inducible 3, AUX/IAA transcriptional regulator family protein
Species: thale cress
- Calderon Villalobos L, Lee S, de Oliveira C, Ivetac A, Brandt W, Armitage L, et al. A combinatorial TIR1/AFB-Aux/IAA co-receptor system for differential sensing of auxin. Nat Chem Biol. 2012;8:477-85 pubmed publisher..This co-receptor system broadens the effective concentration range of the hormone and may contribute to the complexity of auxin response. ..
- Weiste C, Pedrotti L, Selvanayagam J, Muralidhara P, Fröschel C, Novak O, et al. The Arabidopsis bZIP11 transcription factor links low-energy signalling to auxin-mediated control of primary root growth. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006607 pubmed publisher..a mechanistic model, in which bZIP11-related TFs gain control over the root meristem by directly activating IAA3/SHY2 transcription...
- Scacchi E, Salinas P, Gujas B, Santuari L, Krogan N, Ragni L, et al. Spatio-temporal sequence of cross-regulatory events in root meristem growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22734-9 pubmed publisher..In Arabidopsis roots, this balance is controlled by cytokinin-induced expression of SHORT HYPOCOTYL 2 (SHY2) in the so-called transition zone of the meristem, where SHY2 negatively regulates auxin response ..
- Nan W, Wang X, Yang L, Hu Y, Wei Y, Liang X, et al. Cyclic GMP is involved in auxin signalling during Arabidopsis root growth and development. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:1571-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that cGMP acts as a mediator to participate in auxin signalling and may govern this process by PKG activity via its in?uence on auxin-regulated gene expression and auxin/IAA degradation. ..
- Kim J, Harter K, Theologis A. Protein-protein interactions among the Aux/IAA proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11786-91 pubmed..These interactions provide a molecular basis for the developmental and tissue-specific manner of auxin action. ..
- Goh T, Kasahara H, Mimura T, Kamiya Y, Fukaki H. Multiple AUX/IAA-ARF modules regulate lateral root formation: the role of Arabidopsis SHY2/IAA3-mediated auxin signalling. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2012;367:1461-8 pubmed publisher..The number of Aux/IAA-ARF modules involved in LR formation remains unknown. In this study, we isolated the shy2-101 mutant, a gain-of-function allele of short hypocotyl2/suppressor of hy2 (shy2)/iaa3 in the Columbia accession...
- Cho H, Ryu H, Rho S, Hill K, Smith S, Audenaert D, et al. A secreted peptide acts on BIN2-mediated phosphorylation of ARFs to potentiate auxin response during lateral root development. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:66-76 pubmed publisher..In summary, this study delineates a TDIF-TDR-BIN2 signalling cascade that controls regulation of ARF and AUX/IAA interaction independent of auxin perception during lateral root development...
- Yu H, Zhang Y, Moss B, Bargmann B, Wang R, Prigge M, et al. Untethering the TIR1 auxin receptor from the SCF complex increases its stability and inhibits auxin response. Nat Plants. 2015;1: pubmed..Finally, we show that a key amino acid variation in the F-box domain of auxin signalling F-box (AFB1), a closely related FBP, reduces its ability to form an SCF, resulting in an increase in AFB1 levels. ..
- Koren D, Resnick N, Mayzlish Gati E, Belausov E, Weininger S, Kapulnik Y, et al. Strigolactone signaling in the endodermis is sufficient to restore root responses and involves SHORT HYPOCOTYL 2 (SHY2) activity. New Phytol. 2013;198:866-74 pubmed publisher..Moreover, loss of function mutation of SHORT HYPOCOTYL 2 (SHY2), a key component in auxin and cytokinin regulation of meristem size, has been found to be insensitive ..
- Peng Y, Chen L, Lu Y, Ma W, Tong Y, Li Y. DAR2 acts as an important node connecting cytokinin, auxin, SHY2 and PLT1/2 in root meristem size control. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e24226 pubmed publisher..and differentiation and thus regulate root meristem size by influencing the abundance of SHORT HYPOCOTYL2 (SHY2/IAA3)...