Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SAL1
Description: SAL1 phosphatase-like protein
Alias: ALTERED EXPRESSION OF APX2 8, ALX8, ATSAL1, AtFRY1, FIERY1, FRY1, HIGH EXPRESSION OF OSMOTICALLY RESPONSIVE GENES 2, HOS2, MBM17.8, MBM17_8, RON1, ROTUNDA 1, SUPO1, suppressors of PIN1 overexpression 1, SAL1 phosphatase-like protein
Species: thale cress
- Rodriguez V, Chételat A, Majcherczyk P, Farmer E. Chloroplastic phosphoadenosine phosphosulfate metabolism regulates basal levels of the prohormone jasmonic acid in Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:1335-45 pubmed publisher..fou8 produces a null allele in the gene SAL1 (also known as FIERY1 or FRY1)...
- Chen H, Xiong L. Genetic interaction of two abscisic acid signaling regulators, HY5 and FIERY1, in mediating lateral root formation. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:123-5 pubmed..In a recent study, we found that FIERY1, a bifunctional abiotic stress and abscisic acid (ABA) signaling regulator and an endogenous RNA silencing ..
- Lee B, Huseby S, Koprivova A, Chételat A, Wirtz M, Mugford S, et al. Effects of fou8/fry1 mutation on sulfur metabolism: is decreased internal sulfate the trigger of sulfate starvation response?. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39425 pubmed publisherThe fou8 loss of function allele of adenosine bisphosphate phosphatase FIERY1 results in numerous phenotypes including the increased enzymatic oxygenation of fatty acids and increased jasmonate synthesis...
- Xi H, Xu H, Xu W, He Z, Xu W, Ma M. A SAL1 Loss-of-Function Arabidopsis Mutant Exhibits Enhanced Cadmium Tolerance in Association with Alleviation of Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. Plant Cell Physiol. 2016;57:1210-9 pubmed publisherb>SAL1, as a negative regulator of stress response signaling, has been studied extensively for its role in plant response to environmental stresses...
- Chan K, Mabbitt P, Phua S, Mueller J, Nisar N, Gigolashvili T, et al. Sensing and signaling of oxidative stress in chloroplasts by inactivation of the SAL1 phosphoadenosine phosphatase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E4567-76 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis thaliana SAL1 (AtSAL1) senses changes in photosynthetic redox poise, hydrogen peroxide, and superoxide concentrations in chloroplasts ..
- Lee H, Xiong L, Ishitani M, Stevenson B, Zhu J. Cold-regulated gene expression and freezing tolerance in an Arabidopsis thaliana mutant. Plant J. 1999;17:301-8 pubmed..In this study, we report the characterization of a genetic locus, HOS2, which is defined by three Arabidopsis thaliana mutants...
- Dai M, Zhang C, Kania U, Chen F, Xue Q, McCray T, et al. A PP6-type phosphatase holoenzyme directly regulates PIN phosphorylation and auxin efflux in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2497-514 pubmed publisher..Thus, an Arabidopsis PP6-type phosphatase holoenzyme acts antagonistically with PID to direct auxin transport polarity and plant development by directly regulating PIN phosphorylation...