Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RGS1
Description: REGULATOR OF G-PROTEIN SIGNALING 1
Alias: ATRGS1, REGULATOR OF G-PROTEIN SIGNALING 1, REGULATOR OF G-PROTEIN SIGNALING 1
Species: thale cress
- Tunc Ozdemir M, Jones A. BRL3 and AtRGS1 cooperate to fine tune growth inhibition and ROS activation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177400 pubmed publisher..activates G protein complex via interaction with seven transmembrane domain Regulator of G-protein Signaling 1 (AtRGS1) protein. Brassinosteroid insensitive 1 (BRI1) LIKE3 (BRL3) phosphorylates AtRGS1 in vitro...
- Chen Y, Ji F, Xie H, Liang J. Overexpression of the regulator of G-protein signalling protein enhances ABA-mediated inhibition of root elongation and drought tolerance in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2006;57:2101-10 pubmed..In the experiments reported here, the overexpression approach was used to present evidence that RGS1 protein plays critical roles in plant development and in modulating abscisic acid (ABA) and drought stress signal ..
- Booker K, Schwarz J, Garrett M, Jones A. Glucose attenuation of auxin-mediated bimodality in lateral root formation is partly coupled by the heterotrimeric G protein complex. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..beta (AGB1), and gamma (AGG) subunits and a GTPase accelerating protein called Regulator of G Signaling 1 protein (AtRGS1), are involved in glucose signaling and regulate auxin transport...
- Urano D, Phan N, Jones J, Yang J, Huang J, GRIGSTON J, et al. Endocytosis of the seven-transmembrane RGS1 protein activates G-protein-coupled signalling in Arabidopsis. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:1079-88 pubmed publisher..G? protein self-activates without accessory proteins, and is kept in its resting state by the negative regulator, AtRGS1 (regulator of G-protein signalling 1), which is the prototype of a seven-transmembrane receptor fused with an RGS ..
- Huang P, Yeh H, Yi H, Lin C, Yang C. Fluorescence-based assay probing regulator of G protein signaling partner proteins. Anal Biochem. 2012;423:133-40 pubmed publisher..We present a method for real-time examination of the protein-protein interactions between RGS and G? subunits. AtRGS1 from plants and RGS4 from mammals were site-directedly labeled with the fluorescent probe Lucifer yellow on ..
- Huang J, Tunc Ozdemir M, Chang Y, Jones A. Cooperative control between AtRGS1 and AtHXK1 in a WD40-repeat protein pathway in Arabidopsis thaliana. Front Plant Sci. 2015;6:851 pubmed publisherHEXOKINASE 1 (AtHXK1) and Regulator of G-protein Signaling 1 (AtRGS1) pathways, mediate D-glucose signaling in Arabidopsis. However, it is not known the degree, if any, that these pathways overlap and how...