Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RCA
Description: rubisco activase
Alias: RUBISCO ACTIVASE, T5I7.18, rubisco activase, rubisco activase
Species: thale cress
- Salvucci M. Association of Rubisco activase with chaperonin-60beta: a possible mechanism for protecting photosynthesis during heat stress. J Exp Bot. 2008;59:1923-33 pubmed publisher..moderate heat stress is a consequence of Rubisco deactivation, caused in part by the thermal instability of Rubisco activase. This involvement of Rubisco activase was confirmed in heat stress and recovery experiments using transgenic ..
- Kurek I, Chang T, Bertain S, Madrigal A, Liu L, Lassner M, et al. Enhanced Thermostability of Arabidopsis Rubisco activase improves photosynthesis and growth rates under moderate heat stress. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3230-41 pubmed..is linked to ribulose-1,5-bis-phosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco) deactivation due to the inhibition of Rubisco activase (RCA) under moderately elevated temperatures...
- Kumar A, Li C, Portis A. Arabidopsis thaliana expressing a thermostable chimeric Rubisco activase exhibits enhanced growth and higher rates of photosynthesis at moderately high temperatures. Photosynth Res. 2009;100:143-53 pubmed publisher..This can be attributed to a reduced ability of Rubisco activase to achieve optimum activation of Rubisco, leading to reduced Rubisco activity...
- Shan X, Wang J, Chua L, Jiang D, Peng W, Xie D. The role of Arabidopsis Rubisco activase in jasmonate-induced leaf senescence. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:751-64 pubmed publisher..Among these 35 proteins, Rubisco activase (RCA) was a COI1-dependent JA-repressed protein...
- Stael S, Bayer R, Mehlmer N, Teige M. Protein N-acylation overrides differing targeting signals. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:517-522 pubmed publisher..localization from the plasma membrane to chloroplasts and chloroplast localization of ferredoxin-NADP+ reductase and Rubisco activase could be efficiently suppressed by artificial introduction of myristoylation and palmitoylation sites.
- Hasse D, Larsson A, Andersson I. Structure of Arabidopsis thaliana Rubisco activase. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2015;71:800-8 pubmed publisher..In plants and green algae, the ATP-dependent motor protein Rubisco activase restores catalytic competence by facilitating conformational changes in Rubisco that promote the release of ..
- Liu Z, Taub C, McClung C. Identification of an Arabidopsis thaliana ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase activase (RCA) minimal promoter regulated by light and the circadian clock. Plant Physiol. 1996;112:43-51 pubmed..of the Arabidopsis thaliana gene encoding ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco) activase (RCA) is organ-specific, light-responsive, and regulated by the circadian clock...
- Ytterberg A, Peltier J, van Wijk K. Protein profiling of plastoglobules in chloroplasts and chromoplasts. A surprising site for differential accumulation of metabolic enzymes. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:984-97 pubmed
- Carmo Silva A, Salvucci M. The activity of Rubisco's molecular chaperone, Rubisco activase, in leaf extracts. Photosynth Res. 2011;108:143-55 pubmed publisher..Restoring catalytic competence to these sites requires the "molecular chiropractic" activity of Rubisco activase (activase)...
- Salvucci M, DeRidder B, Portis A. Effect of activase level and isoform on the thermotolerance of photosynthesis in Arabidopsis. J Exp Bot. 2006;57:3793-9 pubmed..Instead, the results are consistent with thermal denaturation of activase under moderate heat stress, the effects of which on Rubisco activation would be enhanced when activase levels are suboptimal for photosynthesis. ..
- Barta C, Dunkle A, Wachter R, Salvucci M. Structural changes associated with the acute thermal instability of Rubisco activase. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;499:17-25 pubmed publisher..been linked to the instability of the ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco) chaperone, Rubisco activase. Examination of the recombinant enzyme showed that ADP and ATP protected against inactivation, whereas Mg(2+) ..
- Carmo Silva A, Salvucci M. The regulatory properties of Rubisco activase differ among species and affect photosynthetic induction during light transitions. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:1645-55 pubmed publisherRubisco's catalytic chaperone, Rubisco activase (Rca), uses the energy from ATP hydrolysis to restore catalytic competence to Rubisco...
- Zhang N, Portis A. Mechanism of light regulation of Rubisco: a specific role for the larger Rubisco activase isoform involving reductive activation by thioredoxin-f. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:9438-43 pubmedb>Rubisco activase is a nuclear-encoded chloroplast protein that is required for the light activation of ribulose 1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco) in vivo...
- Wang D, Portis A. Increased sensitivity of oxidized large isoform of ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (rubisco) activase to ADP inhibition is due to an interaction between its carboxyl extension and nucleotide-binding pocket. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:25241-9 pubmed..These studies provide new insights into the mechanism of redox regulation of activase by the C-extension in the large isoform. ..
- Shan X, Li C, Peng W, Gao B. New perspective of jasmonate function in leaf senescence. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:575-7 pubmed..In our Plant Physiology paper, we identified a COI1-dependent JA-repressed protein, Rubisco activase (RCA) in Arabidopsis...
- Boex Fontvieille E, Daventure M, Jossier M, Hodges M, Zivy M, Tcherkez G. Phosphorylation pattern of Rubisco activase in Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2014;16:550-7 pubmed publisherb>Rubisco activase (RCA) is an ancillary photosynthetic protein essential for Rubisco activity. Some data suggest that post-translational modifications (such as reduction of disulphide bridges) are involved in the regulation of RCA activity...