Gene Symbol: PYR1
Description: Polyketide cyclase/dehydrase and lipid transport superfamily protein
Alias: PYRABACTIN RESISTANCE 1, RCAR11, T6K21.50, T6K21_50, regulatory component of ABA receptor 11, Polyketide cyclase/dehydrase and lipid transport superfamily protein
Species: thale cress
- Nishimura N, Sarkeshik A, Nito K, Park S, Wang A, Carvalho P, et al. PYR/PYL/RCAR family members are major in-vivo ABI1 protein phosphatase 2C-interacting proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2010;61:290-9 pubmed publisher..ABI1-PYR1 interaction was stimulated within 5 min of ABA treatment in Arabidopsis. Interestingly, in contrast, PYR1 and SnRK2...
- Kim W, Lee Y, Park J, Lee N, Choi G. HONSU, a protein phosphatase 2C, regulates seed dormancy by inhibiting ABA signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:555-72 pubmed publisher..Like other PP2C family members, HON interacts with PYR1/RCAR11 in the presence of ABA...
- Rodriguez L, Gonzalez Guzman M, Díaz M, Rodrigues A, Izquierdo Garcia A, Peirats Llobet M, et al. C2-domain abscisic acid-related proteins mediate the interaction of PYR/PYL/RCAR abscisic acid receptors with the plasma membrane and regulate abscisic acid sensitivity in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:4802-20 pubmed publisher..In summary, we identified PYR/PYL-interacting partners that mediate a transient Ca(2+)-dependent interaction with phospholipid vesicles, which affects PYR/PYL subcellular localization and positively regulates ABA signaling. ..
- Bueso E, Rodriguez L, Lorenzo Orts L, Gonzalez Guzman M, Sayas E, MuÃ±oz Bertomeu J, et al. The single-subunit RING-type E3 ubiquitin ligase RSL1 targets PYL4 and PYR1 ABA receptors in plasma membrane to modulate abscisic acid signaling. Plant J. 2014;80:1057-71 pubmed publisher..In this study we describe a single-subunit RING-type E3 ubiquitin ligase RSL1 that interacts with the PYL4 and PYR1 ABA receptors at the plasma membrane...
- Park E, Kim T. Production of ABA responses requires both the nuclear and cytoplasmic functional involvement of PYR1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;484:34-39 pubmed publisher..Because PYR1 is known to localize to nucleus and cytoplasm it is a question whether nuclear or cytoplasmic PYR1 confer different ..
- Merilo E, Laanemets K, Hu H, Xue S, Jakobson L, Tulva I, et al. PYR/RCAR receptors contribute to ozone-, reduced air humidity-, darkness-, and CO2-induced stomatal regulation. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1652-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, we show that PYR/RCAR receptors play an important role for the whole-plant stomatal adjustments and responses to low humidity, darkness, and O3 and are involved in responses to elevated CO2. ..
- Zhang X, Jiang L, Wang G, Yu L, Zhang Q, Xin Q, et al. Structural insights into the abscisic acid stereospecificity by the ABA receptors PYR/PYL/RCAR. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67477 pubmed publisher..Our results provide novel insights of the bioactivity of ABA enantiomers onto PYLs, and shed light on designing the selective ABA receptors agonists. ..
- Bhaskara G, Nguyen T, Verslues P. Unique drought resistance functions of the highly ABA-induced clade A protein phosphatase 2Cs. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:379-95 pubmed publisher..Both this and their distinct PYL interaction demonstrate a new level of functional differentiation among the clade A PP2Cs and a point of cross talk between ABA-dependent and ABA-independent drought-associated signaling. ..
- Park S, Peterson F, Mosquna A, Yao J, Volkman B, Cutler S. Agrochemical control of plant water use using engineered abscisic acid receptors. Nature. 2015;520:545-8 pubmed publisher..Here we describe a variant of the ABA receptor PYRABACTIN RESISTANCE 1 (PYR1) that possesses nanomolar sensitivity to the agrochemical mandipropamid and demonstrate its ..
- Dorosh L, Kharenko O, Rajagopalan N, Loewen M, Stepanova M. Molecular mechanisms in the activation of abscisic acid receptor PYR1. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1003114 pubmed publisherThe pyrabactin resistance 1 (PYR1)/PYR1-like (PYL)/regulatory component of abscisic acid (ABA) response (RCAR) proteins comprise a well characterized family of ABA receptors...
- Zhao Y, Chan Z, Xing L, Liu X, Hou Y, Chinnusamy V, et al. The unique mode of action of a divergent member of the ABA-receptor protein family in ABA and stress signaling. Cell Res. 2013;23:1380-95 pubmed publisher..Our results show that PYL13 is not an ABA receptor but can modulate the ABA pathway by interacting with and inhibiting both the PYL receptors and the PP2C co-receptors...
- Shibata N, Kagiyama M, Nakagawa M, Hirano Y, Hakoshima T. Crystallization of the plant hormone receptors PYL9/RCAR1, PYL5/RCAR8 and PYR1/RCAR11 in the presence of (+)-abscisic acid. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2010;66:456-9 pubmed publisher..for a member of each of the subfamilies, PYL9/RCAR1 from subfamily I, PYL5/RCAR8 from subfamily II and PYR1/RCAR11 from subfamily III, in the presence of (+)-abscisic acid...
- Ye Y, Zhou L, Liu X, Liu H, Li D, Cao M, et al. A Novel Chemical Inhibitor of ABA Signaling Targets All ABA Receptors. Plant Physiol. 2017;173:2356-2369 pubmed publisher..by group A type 2C protein phosphatases (PP2Cs), and then ABA binds to its receptor of the ACTIN RESISTANCE1 (PYR1), PYR1-LIKE (PYL), and REGULATORY COMPONENTS OF ABA RECEPTORS (RCAR) family, which, in turn, inhibits PP2Cs and ..