Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSBO1
Description: PS II oxygen-evolving complex 1
Alias: 33 KDA OXYGEN EVOLVING POLYPEPTIDE 1, K1F13.25, K1F13_25, MANGANESE-STABILIZING PROTEIN 1, MSP-1, OE33, OEC33, OEE1, OEE33, OXYGEN EVOLVING COMPLEX 33 KILODALTON PROTEIN, OXYGEN EVOLVING COMPLEX SUBUNIT 33 KDA, OXYGEN EVOLVING ENHANCER PROTEIN 33, PS II OXYGEN-EVOLVING COMPLEX 1, PS II oxygen-evolving complex 1, PSBO, PSBO-1, PS II oxygen-evolving complex 1
Species: thale cress
- Karamoko M, Cline S, Redding K, Ruiz N, Hamel P. Lumen Thiol Oxidoreductase1, a disulfide bond-forming catalyst, is required for the assembly of photosystem II in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:4462-75 pubmed publisher..In a yeast two-hybrid assay, the thioredoxin-like domain of LTO1 interacts with PsbO, a lumenal PSII subunit known to be disulfide bonded, and a recombinant form of the molecule can introduce a ..
- Yi X, Hargett S, Frankel L, Bricker T. The effects of simultaneous RNAi suppression of PsbO and PsbP protein expression in photosystem II of Arabidopsis. Photosynth Res. 2008;98:439-48 pubmed publisherInterfering RNA was used to suppress simultaneously the expression of the four genes which encode the PsbO and PsbP proteins of Photosystem II in Arabidopsis (PsbO: At5g66570, At3g50820 and PsbP: At1g06680, At2g30790)...
- Yuan J, Cline K. Plastocyanin and the 33-kDa subunit of the oxygen-evolving complex are transported into thylakoids with similar requirements as predicted from pathway specificity. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:18463-7 pubmedPlastocyanin and the 33-kDa subunit of the oxygen-evolving complex (OE33) are two of several thylakoid lumen-located proteins that are made in the cytosol, imported into chloroplasts, and subsequently transported into thylakoids...
- Midorikawa T, Inoue K. Multiple fates of non-mature lumenal proteins in thylakoids. Plant J. 2013;76:73-86 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, non-mature PetE2 was quickly degraded under light, and unprocessed PsbO1 and PsbP1 were found in a 440-kDa complex and as a monomer, respectively...
- Wang S, Blumwald E. Stress-induced chloroplast degradation in Arabidopsis is regulated via a process independent of autophagy and senescence-associated vacuoles. Plant Cell. 2014;26:4875-88 pubmed publisher..and bimolecular fluorescence complementation assays demonstrated that CV interacted with photosystem II subunit PsbO1 in vivo through a C-terminal domain that is highly conserved in the plant kingdom...
- Liu H, Frankel L, Bricker T. Functional analysis of photosystem II in a PsbO-1-deficient mutant in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochemistry. 2007;46:7607-13 pubmedThe Arabidopsis thaliana mutant psbo1 (formerly the mutant LE18-30), which contains a point mutation in the psbO-1 gene leading to defective expression of the PsbO-1 protein, has recently been described [Murakami, R. et al...
- Hall M, Mata Cabana A, Akerlund H, Florencio F, Schröder W, Lindahl M, et al. Thioredoxin targets of the plant chloroplast lumen and their implications for plastid function. Proteomics. 2010;10:987-1001 pubmed publisher..We show that the redox state of thiols is decisive for degradation of the extrinsic PsbO1 and PsbO2 subunits of photosystem II...
- Xu Y, Wang B, Zhu Y. Identification of proteins expressed at extremely low level in Arabidopsis leaves. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:808-12 pubmed..Our results suggest that polyU or similar media may be combined with 2-DE techniques to identify cellular proteins with extremely low transcription levels to fulfill specific research needs. ..