Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PR5
Description: pathogenesis-related protein 5
Alias: PATHOGENESIS-RELATED PROTEIN 5, PR-5, pathogenesis-related gene 5, pathogenesis-related protein 5
Species: thale cress
- Semane B, Dupae J, Cuypers A, Noben J, Tuomainen M, Tervahauta A, et al. Leaf proteome responses of Arabidopsis thaliana exposed to mild cadmium stress. J Plant Physiol. 2010;167:247-54 pubmed publisher..In order to provide greater insight into the mechanisms induced on Cd exposure, a working model is proposed. ..
- Chen H, Zhang Z, Teng K, Lai J, Zhang Y, Huang Y, et al. Up-regulation of LSB1/GDU3 affects geminivirus infection by activating the salicylic acid pathway. Plant J. 2010;62:12-23 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that up-regulation of LSB1/GDU3 affects BSCTV infection by activating the SA pathway. This study thus provides a new approach to study of the geminivirus-host interaction. ..
- Uknes S, Mauch Mani B, Moyer M, Potter S, Williams S, Dincher S, et al. Acquired resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1992;4:645-56 pubmed..Arabidopsis should serve as a genetic model for studies of this type of immune response in plants. ..
- Liu W, Zhang F, Zhang W, Song L, Wu W, Chen Y. Arabidopsis Di19 functions as a transcription factor and modulates PR1, PR2, and PR5 expression in response to drought stress. Mol Plant. 2013;6:1487-502 pubmed publisher..was involved in Arabidopsis responses to drought stress through up-regulation of pathogenesis-related PR1, PR2, and PR5 gene expressions...
- Mishina T, Zeier J. Pathogen-associated molecular pattern recognition rather than development of tissue necrosis contributes to bacterial induction of systemic acquired resistance in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;50:500-13 pubmed..Our data indicate that PAMPs significantly contribute to SAR initiation in Arabidopsis and that tissue necroses at inoculation sites are dispensable for SAR activation. ..
- Matthews B, Beard H, Brewer E, Kabir S, MacDonald M, Youssef R. Arabidopsis genes, AtNPR1, AtTGA2 and AtPR-5, confer partial resistance to soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) when overexpressed in transgenic soybean roots. BMC Plant Biol. 2014;14:96 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates functional compatibility of some Arabidopsis genes with soybean and identifies genes that may be used to engineer resistance to nematodes...
- Sävenstrand H, Brosché M, Strid A. Ultraviolet-B signalling: Arabidopsis brassinosteroid mutants are defective in UV-B regulated defence gene expression. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2004;42:687-94 pubmed..The effects of impairment of brassinosteroid signalling also differed between the genes studied, indicating a need for a complete brassinosteroid pathway in UV-B signalling. ..
- Li S, Strid A. Anthocyanin accumulation and changes in CHS and PR-5 gene expression in Arabidopsis thaliana after removal of the inflorescence stem (decapitation). Plant Physiol Biochem. 2005;43:521-5 pubmed..We demonstrate that removing the inflorescence stem triggers events in Arabidopsis, including pigment accumulation and changes in gene expression of a subset of stress-induced genes, in a tissue distant from the wound site. ..