Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PORA
Description: protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase A
Alias: K18G13.7, K18G13_7, protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase A, protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase A
Species: thale cress
- Nagata N, Tanaka R, Satoh S, Tanaka A. Identification of a vinyl reductase gene for chlorophyll synthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana and implications for the evolution of Prochlorococcus species. Plant Cell. 2005;17:233-40 pubmed..marinus but found in the Synechococcus sp WH8102 genome, which is consistent with the distribution of divinyl chlorophyll in marine cyanobacteria of the genera Prochlorococcus and Synechococcus...
- Paik I, Yang S, Choi G. Phytochrome regulates translation of mRNA in the cytosol. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:1335-40 pubmed publisher..interacts with the cytosolic protein PENTA1 (PNT1) and inhibits the translation of protochlorophyllide reductase (PORA) mRNA...
- Reinbothe S, Gray J, Rustgi S, von Wettstein D, Reinbothe C. Cell growth defect factor 1 is crucial for the plastid import of NADPH:protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase A in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:5838-43 pubmed publisher..Three POR isoforms have been identified in Arabidopsis thaliana--designated PORA, PORB, and PORC--that are differentially expressed in etiolated, light-exposed, and light-adapted plants...
- Kim C, Ham H, Apel K. Multiplicity of different cell- and organ-specific import routes for the NADPH-protochlorophyllide oxidoreductases A and B in plastids of Arabidopsis seedlings. Plant J. 2005;42:329-40 pubmed..In Arabidopsis there are three PORs denoted PORA, PORB and PORC. The PORA and PORB genes are strongly expressed early in seedling development...
- Gabruk M, Myśliwa Kurdziel B, Kruk J. MGDG, PG and SQDG regulate the activity of light-dependent protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase. Biochem J. 2017;474:1307-1320 pubmed publisher..The results presented here reveal the contribution of thylakoid lipids in the regulation of the chlorophyll biosynthesis pathway; however, the molecular mechanisms of this process are to be clarified. ..
- Zhong S, Zhao M, Shi T, Shi H, An F, Zhao Q, et al. EIN3/EIL1 cooperate with PIF1 to prevent photo-oxidation and to promote greening of Arabidopsis seedlings. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:21431-6 pubmed publisher..were found to induce gene expression of two key enzymes in the chlorophyll synthesis pathway, protochlorophyllide oxidoreductase A and B (PORA/B)...