Gene Symbol: PISTILLATA
Description: K-box region and MADS-box transcription factor family protein
Alias: F5O24.130, F5O24_130, FLORAL HOMEOTIC PROTEIN PISTILLATA, PISTILLATA, K-box region and MADS-box transcription factor family protein
Species: thale cress
- ÓMaoiléidigh D, Wuest S, Rae L, Raganelli A, Ryan P, Kwasniewska K, et al. Control of reproductive floral organ identity specification in Arabidopsis by the C function regulator AGAMOUS. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2482-503 pubmed publisher..A comparison of the gene expression programs controlled by AG and the B function regulators APETALA3 and PISTILLATA, respectively, showed that while they control many developmental processes in conjunction, they also have marked ..
- McGonigle B, Bouhidel K, Irish V. Nuclear localization of the Arabidopsis APETALA3 and PISTILLATA homeotic gene products depends on their simultaneous expression. Genes Dev. 1996;10:1812-21 pubmedThe Arabidopsis APETALA3 (AP3) and PISTILLATA (PI) proteins are thought to act as transcription factors and are required for specifying floral organ identities...
- Melzer R, Theissen G. Reconstitution of 'floral quartets' in vitro involving class B and class E floral homeotic proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:2723-36 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the class B floral homeotic proteins APETALA3 (AP3) and PISTILLATA (PI) do only weakly, at best, form floral-quartet-like structures on their own...
- Goto K, Meyerowitz E. Function and regulation of the Arabidopsis floral homeotic gene PISTILLATA. Genes Dev. 1994;8:1548-60 pubmedMutations in the PISTILLATA (PI) gene of Arabidopsis thaliana cause homeotic conversion of petals to sepals and of stamens to carpels...
- Smaczniak C, Immink R, Muiño J, Blanvillain R, Busscher M, Busscher Lange J, et al. Characterization of MADS-domain transcription factor complexes in Arabidopsis flower development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:1560-5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, members of other transcription factor families were identified as interaction partners of floral MADS-domain proteins suggesting various specific combinatorial modes of action. ..