Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PIL6
Description: phytochrome interacting factor 3-like 6
Alias: PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR 5, PIF5, phytochrome interacting factor 3-like 6, phytochrome interacting factor 3-like 6
Species: thale cress
- Lorrain S, Allen T, Duek P, Whitelam G, Fankhauser C. Phytochrome-mediated inhibition of shade avoidance involves degradation of growth-promoting bHLH transcription factors. Plant J. 2008;53:312-23 pubmed..Here we show that PIF4 and PIF5 act early in the phytochrome signaling pathways to promote the shade-avoidance response...
- Yue J, Qin Q, Meng S, Jing H, Gou X, Li J, et al. TOPP4 Regulates the Stability of PHYTOCHROME INTERACTING FACTOR5 during Photomorphogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:1381-97 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identified a type 1 protein phosphatase, TOPP4, that is essential for PIF5 protein stability in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- Kunihiro A, Yamashino T, Mizuno T. PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTORS PIF4 and PIF5 are implicated in the regulation of hypocotyl elongation in response to blue light in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:2538-41 pubmed..in response to light conditions through circadian clock-controlled PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTORs PIF4 and PIF5. In this study, we found that these transcription factors were responsible not only for red light signaling through ..
- Bu Q, Castillon A, Chen F, Zhu L, Huq E. Dimerization and blue light regulation of PIF1 interacting bHLH proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;77:501-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest a combinatorial control of photomorphogenesis by bHLH proteins in response to light in Arabidopsis. ..
- Pacín M, Semmoloni M, Legris M, Finlayson S, Casal J. Convergence of CONSTITUTIVE PHOTOMORPHOGENESIS 1 and PHYTOCHROME INTERACTING FACTOR signalling during shade avoidance. New Phytol. 2016;211:967-79 pubmed publisher..we analysed: the transcriptome and the auxin levels of cop1 and phytochrome interacting factor 1 (pif1) pif3 pif4 pif5 (pifq) mutants; the dynamics of ELONGATED HYPOCOTYL 5 (HY5) and LONG HYPOCOTYL IN FAR-RED (HFR1) proteins; and the ..
- Li Y, Jing Y, Li J, Xu G, Lin R. Arabidopsis VQ MOTIF-CONTAINING PROTEIN29 represses seedling deetiolation by interacting with PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR1. Plant Physiol. 2014;164:2068-80 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study reveals that VQ29 is a negative transcriptional regulator of light-mediated inhibition of hypocotyl elongation that likely promotes the transcriptional activity of PIF1 during early seedling development. ..
- Kunihiro A, Yamashino T, Nakamichi N, Niwa Y, Nakanishi H, Mizuno T. Phytochrome-interacting factor 4 and 5 (PIF4 and PIF5) activate the homeobox ATHB2 and auxin-inducible IAA29 genes in the coincidence mechanism underlying photoperiodic control of plant growth of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:1315-29 pubmed publisher..In this mechanism, phytochromes (mainly phyB) and the PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR4 (PIF4) and PIF5, encoding phytochrome-interacting basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors, play crucial roles...
- Khanna R, Huq E, Kikis E, Al Sady B, Lanzatella C, Quail P. A novel molecular recognition motif necessary for targeting photoactivated phytochrome signaling to specific basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors. Plant Cell. 2004;16:3033-44 pubmed..identified two basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factors, designated PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR5 (PIF5) and PIF6, which interact specifically with the Pfr form of phyB...
- Thines B, Youn Y, Duarte M, Harmon F. The time of day effects of warm temperature on flowering time involve PIF4 and PIF5. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:1141-51 pubmed publisher..Flowering in each condition relied to varying degrees on the activity of CO , FT , PIF4 , and PIF5 , as well as the action of unknown genes...
- Wei Z, Yuan T, Tarkowska D, Kim J, Nam H, Novak O, et al. Brassinosteroid Biosynthesis Is Modulated via a Transcription Factor Cascade of COG1, PIF4, and PIF5. Plant Physiol. 2017;174:1260-1273 pubmed publisher..Two basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors, PIF4 and PIF5, were found to be transcriptionally up-regulated in cog1-3D Genetic analysis indicated that PIF4 and ..
- Song Y, Yang C, Gao S, Zhang W, Li L, Kuai B. Age-triggered and dark-induced leaf senescence require the bHLH transcription factors PIF3, 4, and 5. Mol Plant. 2014;7:1776-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides evidence that PIF3, 4, and 5 are novel positive senescence mediators and gains an insight into the mechanism of light signaling involved in the regulation of leaf senescence. ..
- Soy J, Leivar P, Monte E. PIF1 promotes phytochrome-regulated growth under photoperiodic conditions in Arabidopsis together with PIF3, PIF4, and PIF5. J Exp Bot. 2014;65:2925-36 pubmed publisher..indicates that this behaviour involves the action of PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR 3 (PIF3) together with PIF4 and PIF5, through direct regulation of growth-related genes at dawn coinciding with a PIF3 accumulation peak generated by ..
- Ito S, Matsushika A, Yamada H, Sato S, Kato T, Tabata S, et al. Characterization of the APRR9 pseudo-response regulator belonging to the APRR1/TOC1 quintet in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2003;44:1237-45 pubmed..These results are discussed within the context of a current consistent model of the Arabidopsis circadian oscillator. ..
- Ito S, Nakamichi N, Nakamura Y, Niwa Y, Kato T, Murakami M, et al. Genetic linkages between circadian clock-associated components and phytochrome-dependent red light signal transduction in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:971-83 pubmed
- Yamashino T, Kitayama M, Mizuno T. Transcription of ST2A encoding a sulfotransferase family protein that is involved in jasmonic acid metabolism is controlled according to the circadian clock- and PIF4/PIF5-mediated external coincidence mechanism in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:2454-60 pubmed..In this regulation, phytochrome interacting transcriptional factors, PIF4 and PIF5, are activated at the end of night under short photoperiod or high temperature conditions, due to the coincidence ..
- Sun J, Qi L, Li Y, Zhai Q, Li C. PIF4 and PIF5 transcription factors link blue light and auxin to regulate the phototropic response in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2102-14 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that phytochrome interacting factoR4 (PIF4) and PIF5 act downstream of the BL sensor phototropin1 (PHOT1) to negatively modulate phototropism in Arabidopsis...
- Sairanen I, Novak O, Pencík A, Ikeda Y, Jones B, Sandberg G, et al. Soluble carbohydrates regulate auxin biosynthesis via PIF proteins in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:4907-16 pubmed publisher..Linking these three known regulators of growth provides a model for the dynamic coordination of responses to a changing environment. ..
- Kim K, Shin J, Lee S, Kweon H, Maloof J, Choi G. Phytochromes inhibit hypocotyl negative gravitropism by regulating the development of endodermal amyloplasts through phytochrome-interacting factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1729-34 pubmed publisher..inhibit hypocotyl negative gravitropism by inhibiting four phytochrome-interacting factors (PIF1, PIF3, PIF4, PIF5), as shown by hypocotyl agravitropism of dark-grown pif1 pif3 pif4 pif5 quadruple mutants...
- Pedmale U, Huang S, Zander M, Cole B, Hetzel J, Ljung K, et al. Cryptochromes Interact Directly with PIFs to Control Plant Growth in Limiting Blue Light. Cell. 2016;164:233-245 pubmed publisher..CRY1 and CRY2 perceive this change and respond by directly contacting two bHLH transcription factors, PIF4 and PIF5. These factors are also known to be controlled by phytochromes, the red/far-red photoreceptors; however, ..
- Liu Z, Zhang Y, Wang J, Li P, Zhao C, Chen Y, et al. Phytochrome-interacting factors PIF4 and PIF5 negatively regulate anthocyanin biosynthesis under red light in Arabidopsis seedlings. Plant Sci. 2015;238:64-72 pubmed publisher..effectively increased anthocyanin accumulation in wild-type Col-0, whereas the effects were enhanced in pif4 and pif5 mutants but impaired in overexpression lines PIF4OX and PIF5OX, indicating that PIF4 and PIF5 are both negative ..
- Shin J, Heidrich K, Sánchez Villarreal A, Parker J, Davis S. TIME FOR COFFEE represses accumulation of the MYC2 transcription factor to provide time-of-day regulation of jasmonate signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2470-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that TIC acts as an output component of the circadian oscillator to influence JA signaling directly. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu Z, Chen Y, He J, Bi Y. PHYTOCHROME-INTERACTING FACTOR 5 (PIF5) positively regulates dark-induced senescence and chlorophyll degradation in Arabidopsis. Plant Sci. 2015;237:57-68 pubmed publisher..These responses were enhanced in overexpression line PIF5OX but decreased in mutant pif5-3...
- Sadanandom A, ÃdÃ¡m Ã, Orosa B, VicziÃ¡n A, Klose C, Zhang C, et al. SUMOylation of phytochrome-B negatively regulates light-induced signaling in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:11108-13 pubmed publisher..is drastically decreased compared with phyB-YFP, and (iii) SUMOylation of phyB inhibits binding of PHYTOCHROME INTERACTING FACTOR 5 to phyB Pfr...
- Lorrain S, Trevisan M, Pradervand S, Fankhauser C. Phytochrome interacting factors 4 and 5 redundantly limit seedling de-etiolation in continuous far-red light. Plant J. 2009;60:449-61 pubmed publisher..Here we investigated the involvement of PIF4 and PIF5 in phyA signaling, and found that they redundantly control de-etiolation in FR light...