Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PHYE
Description: phytochrome E
Alias: F15J5.100, F15J5_100, PHYTOCHROME E, phytochrome E, phytochrome E
Species: thale cress
- Clack T, Shokry A, Moffet M, Liu P, Faul M, Sharrock R. Obligate heterodimerization of Arabidopsis phytochromes C and E and interaction with the PIF3 basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor. Plant Cell. 2009;21:786-99 pubmed publisher..thaliana genome encodes five phytochrome apoproteins: type I phyA mediates responses to FR, and type II phyB-phyE mediate shade avoidance and classical R/FR-reversible responses...
- Sharrock R, Clack T. Heterodimerization of type II phytochromes in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11500-5 pubmed..from seedling extracts coprecipitates additional type II phytochromes: six myc (myc6)-phyB coprecipitates phyC-phyE; and myc6-phyD coprecipitates phyB and phyE...
- Sánchez Lamas M, Lorenzo C, Cerdán P. Bottom-up Assembly of the Phytochrome Network. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006413 pubmed publisher..The model plant Arabidopsis thaliana possesses five phytochromes (phyA-phyE) with important roles in germination, seedling establishment, shade avoidance, and flowering...
- Jang I, Henriques R, Seo H, Nagatani A, Chua N. Arabidopsis PHYTOCHROME INTERACTING FACTOR proteins promote phytochrome B polyubiquitination by COP1 E3 ligase in the nucleus. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2370-83 pubmed publisher..Our results identify COP1 as an E3 ligase for phyB and other stable phytochromes and uncover the mechanism by which PIFs negatively regulate phyB levels. ..
- Huang H, Yoo C, Bindbeutel R, Goldsworthy J, Tielking A, Alvarez S, et al. PCH1 integrates circadian and light-signaling pathways to control photoperiod-responsive growth in Arabidopsis. elife. 2016;5:e13292 pubmed publisher..Thus, PCH1 is a new factor that regulates photoperiod-responsive growth by integrating the clock with light perception pathways through modulating daily phyB-signaling. ..