Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PHO2
Description: putative ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 24
Alias: ATUBC24, T1B8.8, T1B8_8, UBC24, UBIQUITIN-CONJUGATING ENZYME 24, phosphate 2
Species: thale cress
- Uptake and translocation of phosphate by pho2 mutant and wild-type seedlings of Arabidopsis thalianaB Dong
Department of Plant Science, Waite Agriculture Research Institute, University of Adelaide, Glen Osmond, Australia
Planta 205:251-6. 1998The pho2 mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. accumulates excessive Pi (inorganic phosphate) concentrations in shoots compared to wild-type plants (E. Delhaize and P. Randall, 1995, Plant Physiol. 107: 207-213)...
- A miRNA involved in phosphate-starvation response in ArabidopsisHiroaki Fujii
Institute for Integrative Genome Biology and Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside, Riverside, California 92521, USA
Curr Biol 15:2038-43. 2005..The results suggest that miRNAs have functional roles for plants to cope with fluctuations in mineral-nutrient availability in the soil...
- pho2, a phosphate overaccumulator, is caused by a nonsense mutation in a microRNA399 target geneKyaw Aung
Institute of BioAgricultural Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan, Republic of China
Plant Physiol 141:1000-11. 2006..that microRNA399 (miR399) controls inorganic phosphate (Pi) homeostasis by regulating the expression of UBC24 encoding a ubiquitin-conjugating E2 enzyme in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- PHO2, microRNA399, and PHR1 define a phosphate-signaling pathway in plantsRajendra Bari
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Plant Physiology, Science Park Golm, 14476 Potsdam, Germany
Plant Physiol 141:988-99. 2006..The Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) pho2 mutant overaccumulates Pi in leaves in Pi-replete conditions...
- Target mimicry provides a new mechanism for regulation of microRNA activityJosé Manuel Franco-Zorrilla
Department of Plant Molecular Genetics, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Campus de Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid, Spain
Nat Genet 39:1033-7. 2007..Thus, IPS1 overexpression results in increased accumulation of the miR-399 target PHO2 mRNA and, concomitantly, in reduced shoot Pi content...
- Regulatory network of microRNA399 and PHO2 by systemic signalingShu I Lin
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan, Republic of China
Plant Physiol 147:732-46. 2008..we showed that microRNA399s (miR399s) control inorganic phosphate (Pi) homeostasis by regulating the expression of PHO2 encoding a ubiquitin-conjugating E2 enzyme 24...
- The role of the miR399-PHO2 module in the regulation of flowering time in response to different ambient temperatures in Arabidopsis thalianaWanhui Kim
Creative Research Initiatives, School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, 136 701, Korea
Mol Cells 32:83-8. 2011..MiR399 and its target gene PHOSPHATE 2 (PHO2) are known to play a role in the maintenance of phosphate homeostasis...