Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PFT1
Description: phytochrome and flowering time regulatory protein (PFT1)
Alias: F2J7.4, F2J7_4, MED25, PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME 1, mediator 25, phytochrome and flowering time regulatory protein (PFT1)
Species: thale cress
- Xu R, Li Y. Control of final organ size by Mediator complex subunit 25 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 2011;138:4545-54 pubmed publisher..The eod8-1 mutation was identified, using a map-based cloning approach, in Mediator complex subunit 25 (MED25; also known as PFT1), which is involved in the transcriptional regulation of gene expression...
- Chen R, Jiang H, Li L, Zhai Q, Qi L, Zhou W, et al. The Arabidopsis mediator subunit MED25 differentially regulates jasmonate and abscisic acid signaling through interacting with the MYC2 and ABI5 transcription factors. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2898-916 pubmed publisher..Here, we report the action mechanisms of the MEDIATOR25 (MED25) subunit of the Arabidopsis thaliana Mediator in regulating jasmonate- and abscisic acid (ABA)-triggered gene ..
- Zhang F, Yao J, Ke J, Zhang L, Lam V, Xin X, et al. Structural basis of JAZ repression of MYC transcription factors in jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2015;525:269-73 pubmed publisher..In this position, the Jas helix competitively inhibits MYC3 interaction with the MED25 subunit of the transcriptional Mediator complex...
- Aguilar X, Blomberg J, Brannstrom K, Olofsson A, SCHLEUCHER J, Bjorklund S. Interaction studies of the human and Arabidopsis thaliana Med25-ACID proteins with the herpes simplex virus VP16- and plant-specific Dreb2a transcription factors. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e98575 pubmed publisher..The Arabidopsis thaliana Med25 (aMed25) ACtivation Interaction Domain (ACID) interacts with the Dreb2a activator which is involved in plant ..
- Sundaravelpandian K, Chandrika N, Schmidt W. PFT1, a transcriptional Mediator complex subunit, controls root hair differentiation through reactive oxygen species (ROS) distribution in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2013;197:151-61 pubmed publisher..Genetic evidence indicates that the Mediator subunits PFT1/MED25 and MED8 are critical for root hair differentiation, but act via separate mechanisms...
- Fornero C, Suo B, Zahde M, Juveland K, Kirik V. Papillae formation on trichome cell walls requires the function of the mediator complex subunit Med25. Plant Mol Biol. 2017;95:389-398 pubmed publisher..papillae formation on trichome cell walls was identified as a subunit of the transcriptional mediator complex MED25. The MED25 gene is shown to be expressed in trichomes...
- Seguela Arnaud M, Smith C, Uribe M, May S, Fischl H, McKenzie N, et al. The Mediator complex subunits MED25/PFT1 and MED8 are required for transcriptional responses to changes in cell wall arabinose composition and glucose treatment in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Plant Biol. 2015;15:215 pubmed publisher..We show that mutations in the MED25/PFT1 and MED8 subunits of the Mediator transcription complex suppressed the sugar-hypersensitive hypocotyl ..
- Iñigo S, Giraldez A, Chory J, Cerdán P. Proteasome-mediated turnover of Arabidopsis MED25 is coupled to the activation of FLOWERING LOCUS T transcription. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:1662-73 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that, in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana), PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME1 (PFT1), the MEDIATOR25 (MED25) subunit of the plant Mediator complex, is degraded by the proteasome and that proteasome-mediated PFT1 turnover ..
- Yang Y, Ou B, Zhang J, Si W, Gu H, Qin G, et al. The Arabidopsis Mediator subunit MED16 regulates iron homeostasis by associating with EIN3/EIL1 through subunit MED25. Plant J. 2014;77:838-51 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that YID1/MED16 interacted with another subunit, MED25. MED25 played an important role in regulation of iron homeostasis by interacting with EIN3 and EIL1, two ..
- Koprivova A, Calderwood A, Lee B, Kopriva S. Do PFT1 and HY5 interact in regulation of sulfate assimilation by light in Arabidopsis?. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1116-21 pubmed publisher..Here we show evidence that PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME 1 (PFT1) may be another component of the sulfate assimilation regulatory circuit...
- Rival P, Press M, Bale J, Grancharova T, Undurraga S, Queitsch C. The conserved PFT1 tandem repeat is crucial for proper flowering in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genetics. 2014;198:747-54 pubmed publisher..One such STR occurs in the Arabidopsis thaliana gene PFT1 (MED25), where it encodes an interrupted polyglutamine tract...
- Zhu Y, Schluttenhoffer C, Wang P, Fu F, Thimmapuram J, Zhu J, et al. CYCLIN-DEPENDENT KINASE8 differentially regulates plant immunity to fungal pathogens through kinase-dependent and -independent functions in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2014;26:4149-70 pubmed publisher..2 and its interaction with MEDIATOR COMPLEX SUBUNIT25 (MED25) implicate CDK8 in jasmonate-mediated defense...
- Muñoz Parra E, Pelagio Flores R, Raya González J, Salmerón Barrera G, Ruiz Herrera L, Valencia Cantero E, et al. Plant-plant interactions influence developmental phase transitions, grain productivity and root system architecture in Arabidopsis via auxin and PFT1/MED25 signalling. Plant Cell Environ. 2017;40:1887-1899 pubmed publisher..We also found that mutation of the Mediator complex subunit PFT1/MED25 renders plants insensitive to high density-modulated root traits...
- Fujiwara S, Sakamoto S, Kigoshi K, Suzuki K, Ohme Takagi M. VP16 fusion induces the multiple-knockout phenotype of redundant transcriptional repressors partly by Med25-independent mechanisms in Arabidopsis. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3665-72 pubmed publisher..Loss-of-function of transcriptional coactivator Mediator25 did not affect VP16 activity despite their in vivo interaction, suggesting the existence of other key mechanism(s) in plants. ..
- Cevik V, Kidd B, Zhang P, Hill C, Kiddle S, Denby K, et al. MEDIATOR25 acts as an integrative hub for the regulation of jasmonate-responsive gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:541-55 pubmed publisherThe PHYTOCHROME AND FLOWERING TIME1 gene encoding the MEDIATOR25 (MED25) subunit of the eukaryotic Mediator complex is a positive regulator of jasmonate (JA)-responsive gene expression in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- Sundaravelpandian K, Chandrika N, Tsai Y, Schmidt W. PFT1-controlled ROS balance is critical for multiple stages of root hair development in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e24066 pubmed publisher..Mutations in the Mediator subunit MED25/PFT1 result in compromised root hair development, due to altered expression of a suite of H?O?-producing class III ..
- Suo B, Seifert S, Kirik V. Arabidopsis GLASSY HAIR genes promote trichome papillae development. J Exp Bot. 2013;64:4981-91 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the GLH1 and GLH3 genes may have specific functions in trichome papillae formation, whereas GLH2, GLH4, and GLH6 genes are also involved in deposition of other cell-wall components. ..
- Kang X, Zhou Y, Sun X, Ni M. HYPERSENSITIVE TO RED AND BLUE 1 and its C-terminal regulatory function control FLOWERING LOCUS T expression. Plant J. 2007;52:937-48 pubmed..Overexpression of HRB1 did not affect the expression of the central clock oscillators, TOC1 and CCA1. HRB1 therefore represents a signaling step that regulates FT expression downstream of red and blue light perception. ..