Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDF1.2
Description: plant defensin 1.2
Alias: LCR77, LOW-MOLECULAR-WEIGHT CYSTEINE-RICH 77, MFC16.8, MFC16_8, PDF1.2A, PLANT DEFENSIN 1.2A, plant defensin 1.2, plant defensin 1.2
Species: thale cress
- Zheng Z, Qamar S, Chen Z, Mengiste T. Arabidopsis WRKY33 transcription factor is required for resistance to necrotrophic fungal pathogens. Plant J. 2006;48:592-605 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that pathogen-induced WRKY33 is an important transcription factor that regulates the antagonistic relationship between defense pathways mediating responses to P. syringae and necrotrophic pathogens. ..
- Shin J, Heidrich K, Sánchez Villarreal A, Parker J, Davis S. TIME FOR COFFEE represses accumulation of the MYC2 transcription factor to provide time-of-day regulation of jasmonate signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2470-82 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that TIC acts as an output component of the circadian oscillator to influence JA signaling directly. ..
- Loehrer M, Langenbach C, Goellner K, Conrath U, Schaffrath U. Characterization of nonhost resistance of Arabidopsis to the Asian soybean rust. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2008;21:1421-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, a suppression of P. pachyrhizi-derived effectors by PEN3 can be inferred. Our results demonstrate that Arabidopsis can be used to study mechanisms of NHR to ASR...
- Zarei A, Körbes A, Younessi P, Montiel G, Champion A, Memelink J. Two GCC boxes and AP2/ERF-domain transcription factor ORA59 in jasmonate/ethylene-mediated activation of the PDF1.2 promoter in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;75:321-31 pubmed publisher..Therefore ORA59 and two functionally equivalent GCC box binding sites form the module that enables the PDF1.2 gene to respond synergistically to simultaneous activation of the JA and ET signaling pathways. ..
- He X, Jiang J, Wang C, Dehesh K. ORA59 and EIN3 interaction couples jasmonate-ethylene synergistic action to antagonistic salicylic acid regulation of PDF expression. J Integr Plant Biol. 2017;59:275-287 pubmed publisher..These findings allude to SA-responsive reduction of ORA59 levels mediated by EIN3 binding to and targeting of ORA59 for degradation, thus nominating ORA59 pool as a coordination node for the antagonistic function of ET/JA and SA. ..