Gene Symbol: PAL2
Description: phenylalanine ammonia-lyase 2
Alias: ATPAL2, phenylalanine ammonia-lyase 2, phenylalanine ammonia-lyase 2
Species: thale cress
- Wanner L, Li G, Ware D, Somssich I, Davis K. The phenylalanine ammonia-lyase gene family in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1995;27:327-38 pubmed..Two A. thaliana PAL genes (PAL1 and PAL2) are structurally similar to PAL genes that have been cloned from other plant species, with a single intron at a ..
- Stanley Kim H, Yu Y, Snesrud E, Moy L, Linford L, Haas B, et al. Transcriptional divergence of the duplicated oxidative stress-responsive genes in the Arabidopsis genome. Plant J. 2005;41:212-20 pubmed..Examination of the expression patterns of PAL1 and PAL2, ACD1 and ACD2, genes coding for two Hsp20s, various P450s, and electron transfer flavoproteins suggests ..
- Olsen K, Lea U, Slimestad R, Verheul M, Lillo C. Differential expression of four Arabidopsis PAL genes; PAL1 and PAL2 have functional specialization in abiotic environmental-triggered flavonoid synthesis. J Plant Physiol. 2008;165:1491-9 pubmed publisher..Only PAL1 and PAL2 responded strongly to both environmental factors, nitrogen and temperature...
- Wong J, Namasivayam P, Abdullah M. The PAL2 promoter activities in relation to structural development and adaptation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta. 2012;235:267-77 pubmed publisher..In Arabidopsis thaliana, the enzyme is encoded by four genes, namely PAL1, PAL2, PAL3, and PAL4 with PAL1 and PAL2 being closely related phylogenetically and functionally...
- Zhang X, Gou M, Liu C. Arabidopsis Kelch repeat F-box proteins regulate phenylpropanoid biosynthesis via controlling the turnover of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase. Plant Cell. 2013;25:4994-5010 pubmed publisher..Characterizing the KFB-mediated proteolysis of PAL enzymes may inform future strategies for manipulating the synthesis of bioactive phenolics. ..
- Zhang X, Gou M, Guo C, Yang H, Liu C. Down-regulation of Kelch domain-containing F-box protein in Arabidopsis enhances the production of (poly)phenols and tolerance to ultraviolet radiation. Plant Physiol. 2015;167:337-50 pubmed publisher..This study offers a biotechnological approach for engineering the production of useful phenolic chemicals and for increasing a plant's resistance to environmental stress. ..