Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PAL1
Description: PHE ammonia lyase 1
Alias: ATPAL1, CI0004, PHE ammonia lyase 1, T1J8.22, T1J8_22, PHE ammonia lyase 1
Species: thale cress
- Wanner L, Li G, Ware D, Somssich I, Davis K. The phenylalanine ammonia-lyase gene family in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 1995;27:327-38 pubmed..Two A. thaliana PAL genes (PAL1 and PAL2) are structurally similar to PAL genes that have been cloned from other plant species, with a single ..
- Olsen K, Lea U, Slimestad R, Verheul M, Lillo C. Differential expression of four Arabidopsis PAL genes; PAL1 and PAL2 have functional specialization in abiotic environmental-triggered flavonoid synthesis. J Plant Physiol. 2008;165:1491-9 pubmed publisher..Only PAL1 and PAL2 responded strongly to both environmental factors, nitrogen and temperature...
- Mishina T, Zeier J. Bacterial non-host resistance: interactions of Arabidopsis with non-adapted Pseudomonas syringae strains. Physiol Plant. 2007;131:448-61 pubmed publisher..with this hypothesis, rapid, type III secretion system-independent upregulation of the lignin biosynthesis genes, PAL1 and BCB, which might contribute to an early induced, cell wall-based defence mechanism, occurs in response to non-..
- Song C, Steinebrunner I, Wang X, Stout S, Roux S. Extracellular ATP induces the accumulation of superoxide via NADPH oxidases in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:1222-32 pubmed..Together, these data suggest a possible role for extracellular ATP as a signal potentially in wound and stress responses. ..
- Zhang X, Gou M, Liu C. Arabidopsis Kelch repeat F-box proteins regulate phenylpropanoid biosynthesis via controlling the turnover of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase. Plant Cell. 2013;25:4994-5010 pubmed publisher..Characterizing the KFB-mediated proteolysis of PAL enzymes may inform future strategies for manipulating the synthesis of bioactive phenolics. ..
- Stanley Kim H, Yu Y, Snesrud E, Moy L, Linford L, Haas B, et al. Transcriptional divergence of the duplicated oxidative stress-responsive genes in the Arabidopsis genome. Plant J. 2005;41:212-20 pubmed..Examination of the expression patterns of PAL1 and PAL2, ACD1 and ACD2, genes coding for two Hsp20s, various P450s, and electron transfer flavoproteins suggests ..
- Huang J, Gu M, Lai Z, Fan B, Shi K, Zhou Y, et al. Functional analysis of the Arabidopsis PAL gene family in plant growth, development, and response to environmental stress. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1526-38 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) contains four PAL genes (PAL1-PAL4), but there has been no genetic analysis to assess the biological functions of the entire gene family...
- Zhang X, Gou M, Guo C, Yang H, Liu C. Down-regulation of Kelch domain-containing F-box protein in Arabidopsis enhances the production of (poly)phenols and tolerance to ultraviolet radiation. Plant Physiol. 2015;167:337-50 pubmed publisher..This study offers a biotechnological approach for engineering the production of useful phenolic chemicals and for increasing a plant's resistance to environmental stress. ..